Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xxx cr rear suspention on a xx4

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default xxx cr rear suspention on a xx4

Has anybody tried this? I was painkillers the other night. (leagle). I was wanting the VLA hubs on my xx4. I tried the BK2 hubs, but they made the dogbones to short. So, wile I was in my drug induced trip. I started looking at my xxx cr rear end. I did some measuring. Wow, if I use the EA3 rear arms and the xxx cr hubs. It would be a direct swap. None of the dimenchions (bad spelling) changed. So I pulled it off of the CR and installed it onto the xx4. I like to run the suspention as wide as I can. This should be perfect. I'm weighting for my 9000s to get back from Horizion. (I cooked it). I hope it will give me more options for adjustability. I hope I didn't do this for no reason.
Doug
Old 03-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

http://www.losibk2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2354
Old 03-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dougg
Has anybody tried this? I was painkillers the other night. (leagle). I was wanting the VLA hubs on my xx4. I tried the BK2 hubs, but they made the dogbones to short. So, wile I was in my drug induced trip. I started looking at my xxx cr rear end. I did some measuring. Wow, if I use the EA3 rear arms and the xxx cr hubs. It would be a direct swap. None of the dimenchions (bad spelling) changed. So I pulled it off of the CR and installed it onto the xx4. I like to run the suspention as wide as I can. This should be perfect. I'm weighting for my 9000s to get back from Horizion. (I cooked it). I hope it will give me more options for adjustability. I hope I didn't do this for no reason.
Doug
Switching over to the XXXcr arms and hubs will not give you a longer arm setup than the stock one, but you will be able to try a shorter arm setup and you will also pick up more camber link adjustability. If your XX4 had 3 shock mounting holes on them, you will loose the 2 outer mounting holes by using the cr arms. The cr arm outer hole matches the XX4 arm inner hole.

With the shorter arm setup you should pick up some forward bite and off power steering.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

I thought I was the only one who thought of this. I guess I'm the 1000th one. oh well.