Community
Wiki Posts
Search

revo problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 04:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default revo problems

firstly, i got new cables for the easy start and got that running well all except fot the blue cable that goes fromn the battery to the glow plug. For some reason it wont light up the glow plug so i just use my brothers starter for now, but anyways what do you think the problem is? would it be the actually batery box thingy? i am new dont tease me

secondly, the idle screw dosnt do any thing when i screw it, i have to use the throttle trim on the contoller to turn it down but it sill isnt a small enough gap for it to just sit there idle

Thirdly, the car is stalling but i cant figure out why. I put a brand new traxxas glow plug in and ive played around with all of the screws. I had the high speed idle up really high when i started the car and there was heaps of blue smoke and a little fuel coming out the back so maybe i fowled the plug but can that happen after like 30 secs of running?

Thanks alot for the help
Mike
Old 03-18-2007, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Welcome to the wonderfull world of nitro! During your vacation you'll learn one thing......troubleshooting.

Read up on that engine, you'll find out it is one finicky piece of aluminum.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

for the last one you had it turned up too rich. you gotta tune it properly. as xrayeddy said, read up on it.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Tech Rookie

guys i just want some up to date info on my engine, like if there is a new way of doing things and more people would use the revo now so there would be more of an input. I would prefer for some info on what ive asked. if you know it, it would be a huge help
Old 03-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does you brother use the traxxas butter start wand too, or did you start it by other means? If his wand works and yours don't...then theres your problem(one good drop and they're toast/good reason to get a spare or order the jato ). When your testing the glow plug did you ground it? Check and make sure the yellow ground wire is tight at the motor base...this one stumped me for hours!!!! !!!

The idle screw only sets how far the slide closes, the throttle trim will normal adjust the carb to the lowest setting of the idle screw. Take the air filter off and use the electronics without it running. Set the idle screw so when the servo closes the carb it leaves about 1/16-1/8 size hole. Which leads to your next issue.........

Your dying out,your having tons of blue smoke,idle screw isnt doing anything? Buddy I bet your turning the wrong screw sounds like you've been turning the low speed needle to me. Here's a link to Traxxas site if you don't have the manual. Set the bad boy back to stock settings and go from there.
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...vo33_views.htm
Old 03-19-2007, 01:34 AM
Tech Rookie

ive been using a glow starter from a pull start car and just using the wand. But i do think it is the wand cause the wires are new, i want to know if there is ussually problems with these things.

im not that bad with cars, i know what each screw is. I was adjusting the high speed needle.

more info is nice though
thanks for the help
Old 03-19-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

OK, cool.. Yea I've had a problem with one wand but haven't with the other. I believe the electronics are sensitive inside that thing. I think the four prong female side too causes issues, mine had worn on my revo bad. To the point I had to like wobble the wand to get the second led to lite up. Then I noticed the male end on the wand kinda opened up on the connectors. Yea the traxxas start system can be a pain at first but once it working I love it. Still sounds like your ground wire on motor might be loose though. I hope I didn't offend you, but I seen two different guys playing with revo 3.3's thinking the are adjusting the idle screw when it in fact is the low speed needle. The way you described how its running, sounds like its running way to rich. I allways go 2 1/2 out on the h speed and flush to the slide body on the low speed(allways starts and runs at this setting(but rich)). Try that and tune from there,thats the 3.3 break in settings from factory. I don't know what your using but fuel can be an issue too this time of year. Mostly when its old a let to cool and warm over and over. GL Mike best of luck to a fellow revo owner
Old 03-19-2007, 03:29 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks champ

for now ill just go with the glow starter from my bro and the ez start. Ill change the glow plugs to and see if i just got faulty one cause i tried for like 5 mins this arvo to get it gong but it got dark to quick to actually take the time to change it.

Thanks again
Old 03-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Free call to Traxxas customer service!