Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Quick question, electric helicopters, is there an equivalent website to rctech.net >

Quick question, electric helicopters, is there an equivalent website to rctech.net

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick question, electric helicopters, is there an equivalent website to rctech.net

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

? I thought someone here might know, and I haven't been able to find anything much with google.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Try RunRyder: http://runryder.com/
Old 03-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

www.rcgroups.com is pretty good also. There is alot of electric airplane stuff, but if you scroll down on the main page you can find helis.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

runryder.com and helifreak.net are great. Very knowledgable and helpful people.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Mabuchi540, nitroracer20 was 90% correct. It's www.helifreak.com. Make absolutely sure that you check out "Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room". Finless Bob has taken the time to post well over 100 instructional videos on "how to" do repairs and builds for various types of helicopters. Allthough he's not done any for the little toy of a heli that I own, the knowledge gained from watching him repair the swashplate of another 'copter is easily transferrable to whatever you're flying.

If you're brand new to helicopters, check out this site: http://www.helibuf.com/helibufs_pages.htm

Also, if you're totally new and are getting sick of crashing and breaking blades, skids, tail rotor blades, tail booms... well you get the idea, you really should check this site out: RADD'S School of Rotary Flight

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

I have to admit that the guy's grammar is absolutely horrible, and his spelling is even worse, but I learned to fly using his "10 Battery Lesson Plan"! Start with the url above, and use the link menu on the left to go from "Introduction" to "Pre Flight" to "Battery 1" etc. You'll be surprised at how quickly you learn the "whys and hows" of your helicopter from Radd.

HOLD THE TAIL STRAIGHT!

Mr.Maim