Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever had problems with LRP

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Anyone ever had problems with LRP

I work at a hobbysho and have sent in one of my personal lrp's and one for a customer. I always used to like lrp but now after sending them in they pretty one only needed a case and the other was still under warranty. Everytime I have called or the owner of the hobbyshop calls all we get is o your right give me 5 minutes and I'll call you right back then we get no call back. If we call again we have to start all over and get the same answer, its not like they've had these speed controls for a month they have had them for over 7 months!! This is not the first time we've had problems with lrp's customer service. Let me know what you guys think of this.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I had one of the cheap ESC catch on fire. Then I went over to novak and never really had an issues.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Myself and a friend sent 4 in together, some was under warranty, some was not.

After 6 months and MANY phone calls we had them send them back.
They never touched them.

This was 1.5 - 2 years ago.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Pulsar

Funny this thread came up. I had a Pulsar charger puke its guts up after only a few months, but well outside of 120 days apparently. Warrenty coverage is for 120 days. Wow, that's standing behind your product. So, I sent in my charger to LRP, after 3 guys in my club told me they had the exact same thing happen to their chargers, which were replaced. I get a call about 2 weeks later from the LRP tech support line guy, and he tells me it'll cost me $98 to fix. I told him to keep it. For a little more than that amount I found a guy getting out of the hobby selling a Turbo 35. The funniest part is, the LRP guy insisted on sending me back the busted charger! It arrived yesterday! It cost them $20 at USPS! WTF?

I've got 4 LRP receivers, they work great. They're also discontinued?!

D
Old 03-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My first LRP worlds competition ESC....Case disintegrated/fell apart during a race and fried.... Sent back, repaced with a new one....

Fried the new one in 3 months....sent back and they replaced it with a new Competition Version 2, being used in my touring car

My V7.1 in my off-road car is falling apart (case) but never had a problem with it.

Needless to say my luck with their new micro ESC's has been less then great, but when they burnout I always get great service through Associated. My ESCs are always returned within a week, and never had them charge more then 40$ for a replacement. Id run Novak, but they did me wrong about 10 years ago, and Ive never run one since (took 6 months to get a minor repair done 10 years and Im still pissed)

Once Tekin starts out with their new generation of stuff I may have to jump off the LRP ship. I have never had an issue with a Tekin product. They do a lot more QC then other brands
Old 03-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

I posted this on another forum too and it seems that its kind of hit and miss with getting your stuff back, some people have never had any problems with them and others have had good luck, I know at the shop I work at none have ever been sent back and I have an lrp reciever that needs a case but I don't dare send it back.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have a V7.1 and a Quantum Competition that are over 5 years old and I've got two Sphere Comps that are 1 year old. I've never had a problem with any of them and I'm surprised to hear that it takes so long for AE to repair LRP's speedos as I've also never had a problem with AE customer service.

(I got a bad speedo from Novak 11 years ago and I haven't given them another chance; I've always been a fan of Tekin and it will be very hard for me not to pick up one of their new speedos when they come out. I'm almost hoping that they won't be as good as I know they will be!)
Old 03-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Just buy Tekin. I had a G9 that I ran for 6 years on the offroad. Once you set them you are good to go. No need for anymore adjusting. The only Tekin I didnt like was the old punch pad one. I dont remember what the model was on it.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I have had good luck with LRP. I sent in a 7.1 and had it back in under 3 weeks. 10 days was shipping from MI to CA I have found that Novak is a little faster.

Mark
Old 03-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Legend

Default Me Too !!!

I always have had nothing but great service with Lrp !!

Thank`s Lrp !!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I bought a used Pro4 with a Q1 in it, which later fried due to me hardwiring the battery leads backwards. I sent it in and they sent me a brand new Q2 for free. No complaints here
Old 03-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Well ironically after this thread was started today LRP finally sent back 2 new speed controls. Thanks LRP.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

!?COINCIDENCE?!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

one of my speedcontrol cases made by lrp broke apart but never fried on me.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mfishel
!?COINCIDENCE?!
nope ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.