R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Where to buy a XXXNT? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/15523-where-buy-xxxnt.html)

Randy Caster 03-30-2003 07:45 PM

Where to buy a XXXNT?

I am going to be ordering a XXXNT Drake edition, and am wondering who has the best online prices for the truck, and a number of Trinity parts for it. Thanks for the help!

oats77us 03-30-2003 07:55 PM

I would start by stopping by your local hobby store and checking with them first. Most stores are very well versed in helping thier customers get good prices and advice. If you can't find what you want at your store then try a mail order company. I have good luck with Hobby Haven . They are extremely knowledgable and have very competitive pricing on everything they sell.

Randy Caster 03-30-2003 08:10 PM

Yeah, all of the local shops suck, hobby people doesnt carry Losi anymore, and the other shops are overpriced, and run by people who know nothing about the hobby. I have been out of the hobby for a bit over a year (my last big race was the HotRod Hobbies Off Road Shootout in '00) so I know a lot about racing, just want to get my gear for as cheap as possible.

oats77us 03-30-2003 08:16 PM

Try Hobby Haven then, they carry tons of Losi cars and parts. Give em' a call, I am sure they can set you up for a good price.

xxxtracer32 03-30-2003 09:09 PM

why not try the track at which you are going to be racing at (if you plan on racing). say for example they sell a xxxnt for $250 plus tax and you find it on the internet for $230 plus s&h, well that extra 20 bucks go's to keeping that track that you want to race at open. keep in mind this is just an example. :deathstar

Randy Caster 03-31-2003 08:14 AM

There are 2 tracks I plan on racing at, Komet Raceway, and Hemet Raceway, neither of them have on site hobby shops... Like I said I know about all of this stuff from 8 years of racing expirence, I will propably just end up driving to Ultimate Hobbies to pick up all of my stuff, at least I know for sure they will have everything.

xxxtracer32 03-31-2003 06:49 PM

hemit raceway as in the dirt- they dont have a hobbyshop? or you could go to ultimate.

Randy Caster 03-31-2003 07:39 PM

Ultimate has em for $289, so I am planning on going up there on Saturday to pick up my new ride. Hope they have an abundance of Trinity stuff to go with it :)

RC 04-01-2003 01:52 PM

Randman:

I'm also looking for a Drake but I hate to give my money to Ultimate. Did you not find a better price or close elsewhere?

Randy Caster 04-01-2003 01:56 PM

I dont see why I shouldnt buy from Ultimate... Sorry to support the big company, but fact is, I would rather save $50 than buy from one of my LHS. I have been shopping at Ultimate for years, and like them more than any other shop out there. I have always thought the customer service is good (except Moto has an attitude, but I still find it funny as hell) and the expert advice cant be beat. I honestly dont like the way the LHS's are run, and the people that run them honestly dont have a clue what they are doing. When the local shops can price their stuff competitively, I will definately buy from them, but for now, I'd rather make the drive to Ultimate.

RC 04-01-2003 02:35 PM

Well.. Maybe I'll give Ultimate another chance. Me and my buddy have been given the cold shoulder at Ultimate more than a few times, but just as I was in the middle of typing this response and ready to bash Ultimate and their crappy customer service, my buddy emails me this:

"I just got back from Ultimate and they have everything there man. Anything you’re looking for it’s so easy. I just had the best Ultimate experience ever.
I got in there and before I could even get to the counter Moto saw me and walked right over.
It was weird."

Funny, huh?

So where is local for you Randman? Me and my buddy are getting Losi trucks (he just got his) and are looking for some spots to dig some dirt and run with some people. We're in Orange County and will make the drive to Hemet and Pegasus for racing, and there's talk of Revelation making a dirt track, but we would like somewhere closer to OC where we could dig our own track, maybe some others want to join in?

Randy Caster 04-01-2003 03:44 PM

Told you man, Ultimate is truely the best, if you ever go there and dont get good service, it's because you went at a busy time. I am in San Diego, will also be going to Hemet and Pegasus, as well as Hot Rod and Komet (local SD track) If I were you, I'd be sure to give Ultimate another shot, because they have EVERYTHING you will ever need for anything you will ever drive.

RC 04-02-2003 09:29 AM

Well, I just picked up my new Drake last night. Pegasus Hobbies $259. I also went to Ultimate for some parts to build it, just to retest the waters of customer service, and was suprised to find very good help available. Ultimate was out of stock though of the Trinity rear pivot support and Traxxas diff/thrust bearing. Need to do some searching for those.

Randy Caster 04-02-2003 07:12 PM

Holy shoot, $259! Thats a kickass price, I am gonna call em and see how many they have!

Randy Caster 04-02-2003 07:16 PM

Pegasus lists the truck on their site for $319, did you get some kind of deal on it??