Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever had problems with LRP

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

maybe their customer service has gotten better but i used to run lrp till the worlds that were at the old minnereg here in florida. i gave the guy two speedos on the very first day before practice started and asked if i could get some new wires and new cases. nothing big just a little maintence and i needed them by the start of 4wheel 4 days from when i gave them too him. long story short i got them back at the end of the race and they had not even been touched so i have turned to novak and have never looked back
Old 03-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I havent had a single product of theirs that hasn't giving up the ghost. and up until the last charger that fried i was able to replace through my shop and he took care of sending it back and getting a new one to replace it. the only reason i havent sent it yet, is i keep forgetting. but what ever the outcome is it will be forsale. i have had such bad luck with their products it surprises me that the factory guys that are running lrp ever finish a big main. glad it works for them.

My Orange has never let me down.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yep. I had a QC2 that the switch wires pulled out of the case. Sent it in to "repair", and a month later when I called they say they can't open the case, you can get it replaced for $55, After I say OK, it takes about another month and a half, and several calls before I got the replacement back.

Not sure how they "repair" anything if they can't open the case?????
Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had a LRP Speedo fry on me due to crimp in wiring, my fault. Sent it out and got it back 1 1/2 weeks later. Very impressed with customer Care.
I am going to try Tekin though.

Thanks LRP.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I had a 2 run old qc2 in my xxx4 go up in smoke. wasnt overgeared or anything. About 3 minutes into my second quailfier it stopped and went up in smoke. I was so pissed I didnt even bother to send it to lrp, I just went and bought a gtx and have had zero issues
Old 03-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I was wondering the same thing. I had 2 Sphere Comp's blow within about 10 minutes of each other (one in my 2wd...caught fire... and one in my 4wd...throttle stopped working).I thought I had bad Karma as I had no issues with them before and quite like them performance wise. A few people told me there were flaws with the Sphere Comps. Mine are not under warranty anymore so I'll have to pay to get them fixed. Although it's been about a month since I sent them in, the guys at LRP have always been up front and pretty cool over the phone (I followed up every couple of weeks). They are waiting for the new Sphere Comp's to come in (told me a couple more weeks). I am just itching to get racing again. I'll still run the Sphere Comps though (I hate the fans and huge cap on the Novaks!)
Old 03-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by tony montana
I had a 2 run old qc2 in my xxx4 go up in smoke. wasnt overgeared or anything. About 3 minutes into my second quailfier it stopped and went up in smoke. I was so pissed I didnt even bother to send it to lrp, I just went and bought a gtx and have had zero issues
Big mistake !!!

You should send them to Ae and they will send you replacements .....

JohnnyBOY !!!

When you get um back you will be very ,very, impressed with the 2007 Comp Sphere....