Wiki Posts
Search

Put some Trac-Ta-Gator tires on my JATO3.3

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Put some Trac-Ta-Gator tires on my JATO3.3

Bought a set of these for my JATO 3.3 and all I can say is these tires HOOK UP AWSOME ![]

I ran them in 3-4 inch grass , loose pea gravel , dirt and a little wet sand . It didnt matter what surface I was on , I could lift the front wheels at will , even at 30-40 mph (estimate) and ride the wheelie for 20-30 yards !

Its was like I had paddles on the rear there was so much grip []

I am sure they wont perform as well on harder surfaces but in the softer stuff these tires are great !

Old 03-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They look mean I think Ill get me a pair for my ST!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wish I woulda saw these before I bought 2.2 proline step pins for my jato. Are those tires 2.2 or 2.8? They look exactly what the jato needs for the rear. A thick,grab any offroad surface and can handle the power tire. If my tires blow off the rims again I will give these badarse looking babys a try......
Old 03-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

steelhawke , they are 2.2 tires ....

The nice thing is the lugs are real stiff so they bite into the ground better than pin type tires .
Old 03-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

After failing to keep prolines lugnut #8200 on the rims, I had no choice but to pick a firmer tire for the rear. To my suprise a set of proline 2.2 gators where at the LHS. I remembered this post BashemSmashem, so I nabbed them up right away. They where alot harder compound than the lugnut tires, nice thick rubber sidewalls too. These things are insane on this thing, nice to have tires that don't balloon up and blow a bead. I lost a little top end on the jato cause the tires aren't Ballooning up and giving me that extra gearing. BUT WHO CARES these beasties rock for shoes, it still more than easily hits 50mph+ in my backyard before I have to ram the brakes on. Pretty much wheelies on command at 1/3-1/2 throttle at any speed! These new tires have made this into a nitro grass removal yard tool The thing was so violent on my gravel drive I thought I got shot by a pellet gun . I went through 5 tanks before something gave in to the force that these tires where hooking up too. Pretty much snapped the lower arm due to excessive torque while pulling a 75 yard 45mph wheelie over and over again ........Thnx for the mention of these tires bashemsmashem, I saw these tires for a long time and never woulda gave these any thought......now my jato is actually kinda dangerously fast and dangerous to stand behind! I FELL IN LOVE WITH HER ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

p.s. hope the Revo doesnt get jealous

Last edited by steelhawke; 11-09-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

After failing to keep prolines lugnut #8200 on the rims, I had no choice but to pick a firmer tire for the rear. To my suprise a set of proline 2.2 gators where at the LHS. I remembered this post BashemSmashem, so I nabbed them up right away. They where alot harder compound than the lugnut tires, nice thick rubber sidewalls too. These things are insane on this thing, nice to have tires that don't balloon up and blow a bead. I lost a little top end on the jato cause the tires aren't Ballooning up and giving me that extra gearing. BUT WHO CARES these beasties rock for shoes, it still more than easily hits 50mph+ in my backyard before I have to ram the brakes on. Pretty much wheelies on command at 1/3-1/2 throttle at any speed! These new tires have made this into a nitro grass removal yard tool The thing was so violent on my gravel drive I thought I got shot by a pellet gun . I went through 5 tanks before something gave in to the force that these tires where hooking up too. Pretty much snapped the lower arm due to excessive torque while pulling a 75 yard 45mph wheelie over and over again ........Thnx for the mention of these tires bashemsmashem, I saw these tires for a long time and never woulda gave these any thought......now my jato is actually kinda dangerously fast and dangerous to stand behind! I FELL IN LOVE WITH HER ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean about the wheelies , its crazy !

I am glad you like the tires ! They turn the JATO into a whole different animal offroad . Have you tried them in loose dirt yet ? Monster rooster tails with a kick a$$ power wheelie !

Gotta love the power !

Might want to set your slipper a little looser too cause these grip so well the tranny gets more of a shock load when the rear end unloads and then comes back down and grips ......
Old 03-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Good idea before I puts the new arms on . Just going though the suspension and tightening her up to plant the power better.. HEHE just noticed my old metal revo shocks will fit
Old 03-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

OH? Did you make those wheelie bar tires or buy those?
Old 03-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

I bought them , they are by Traxxas .....