Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobao Mach 21 Turbo engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hobao Mach 21 Turbo engine

how is this engine as compare to the rest of the racing engine.. thinking of getting one.. hence seeking comments or advices here..thanks.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

sorry i should post in the engine thread..
Old 03-14-2007, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

DONT GET ONE! simple as that from what i have seen they are crapola,may be as fast as an os for one meet then they blow up or snap a crankshaft....bottom line get a proper quality race engine..save your coin dont waste it on this engine
Old 03-14-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Adept

WOw that bad?

btw, how the speed or power compare to STS or those high end RB?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have a Os v-spec and a JP. My Mach turbo is as fast as my v- spec idles better , Way better fuel consumption Don't pit for a 10 min race get 11 to 12 min a tank. Easy to tune. all for $220 Aus.

Works best with a p3 plug a ofna pipe and good fuel. Others have it at my track and say its great for the price. Oh my v-spec spat the case apart . Yep faulty bearings Cost me $400 in the grave yard now.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've got a Hyper 21 8 port race (same motor manufacturer at least) and its not a bad motor at not, I'd prefer a OS, but its pretty good.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MadRacer
I have a Os v-spec and a JP. My Mach turbo is as fast as my v- spec idles better , Way better fuel consumption Don't pit for a 10 min race get 11 to 12 min a tank. Easy to tune. all for $220 Aus.

Works best with a p3 plug a ofna pipe and good fuel. Others have it at my track and say its great for the price. Oh my v-spec spat the case apart . Yep faulty bearings Cost me $400 in the grave yard now.
thanks for the info. but the way are the engine spares parts expensive and is there any website that sells these parts, such as conrod, piston, sleeve and etc?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

WOW your talking that up a bit,how old is your engine? even the guys that import the damm engine dont get that much power or runtime.i wonder how much of what you say is true
Old 03-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Oopsss.. different opinion.. across the continent... any more comments??
Old 03-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Well Hyper 7 vspec its all true.

I have allso have a new Nova Pluss 5t in box but am happy with the mach turbo. Out in a large park a OS will beat it i say but on the track i have never been past down the straight. All it takes is one flame out and the race is gonethis has never happend to my Mach.
Ok i played with it to get it as good as i have. As i said the Os P3 plug made a difference. I played with pipes and found the Hong Nor pipe that comes in the x1cr kitt in Australia to be the best all round, i think its a equilavent to a jp 1 or 2 pipe.. A good air filter from a Hyper 8, played with the mid range needle by 8th of a turn and havent had to do any more tunning than the main needle on race day.A bigger spur gear on the S3 to help the bottom end. I found it to be top end motor, lightend the clutch shoes as well. I always warm the engine up on the box at idle with a few revs here and there to about 80 Degress Celius
I have herd the crank pin does snap but i don't care if it lets go as it has out lived my Os already at less the half the price. My old Hyper 8 port got 11 min on as well. Mark.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

hi Madracer, thanks for your inputs. Probably i will get one of this engine to try it out. Cheers!

viper
Old 03-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Viper you can pm me if you want if you have any questions on it. Myn was not tight from the factory started so easy its not funny. If yours is tight heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer to stop putting strain on the crank and rod.

Have fun. Mark..
Old 03-19-2007, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you guys talking about the Hyper .21 race engine with blue head? I also have one and haven't tuned it to it's full potential. I've only tried to run it once, all I can say is it screams with a lot of speed specialy with a 18T CB.

One question though, Does this engine really idle high? If I try to richen the LSN, it bogs on take off but if I lean the LSN, it starts to idle high. My Midrange needle is flush with the hole in the center of the HSN. My carb idle gap is about 1mm. I use P3 plugs too and 20/16 fuel with Hyper 2059 pipe.

I'm planning to get thicker clutch shoe springs to compensate the high idle and avoid clutch engagement during idle.

Any suggestions? TIA!
Old 03-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

ok mate i believe you its just EVERY single mach i have ever seen has had problems,thats 10+ mach's.all of them flame out and have countless problems.but sounds like yours is great so all the power to you mate .