R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   XXXT Street Tires? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/153727-xxxt-street-tires.html)

Linthu 03-11-2007 08:40 PM

XXXT Street Tires?

I am looking for a very durable street tire for my XXXT. Sometimes, i want to mess around or test out some settings, and dont want to head to my local track. The street is like sand paper destroying any of the softer knobby tires i use on the dirt tracks.

So, obviously wouldnt want knobs and i wouldnt want a soft tire. I would prefer the tire to be the same size as the standard XXXT tires.

I know running in the street isnt the best way to mess with settings, but its better than my living room.

AzBobby 03-11-2007 08:42 PM

proline.com

Linthu 03-11-2007 09:28 PM

Thanks for the response, proline.com isnt an implemented site, but i assume you are simply trying to direct me to proline.

I was looking for a recommendation for *which* tires... It is hard to tell how durable the rubber is through a picture. I was hoping for a little more from personal experience from folks here.

Lin

AzBobby 03-11-2007 09:31 PM

sorry had alot going on. the road rage tires will do what your looking for. but at least you saw all their options for road tires. since they are designed for street use the rubber will hold up well.

Cain 03-12-2007 08:47 AM

Road Rages or dirt hawgs. Dirt hawgs will hold up better, though they are just slightly taller.

Rysuleod 03-12-2007 08:56 AM

The website is www.prolineracing.com

Click on ProLine Racing. Click Products on the left. Click 1:10 Truck Tires. Scroll down.

swannco 03-12-2007 07:58 PM

I use the Dirt Hawgs for mixed bashing; some dirt, some grass and a lot of asphalt. They hold up well and are a good all-round choice for me.

Some issues you might want to think about:
-they are a bit taller
-they are tough as hell, so sliding around on asphalt won't eat them alive
-they won't have as much grip as a dedicated road tire
-you can get a realistic power slide, similar to dirt, on asphalt ifn u wanna

Hope this helps somewhat. If anybody has personal exp with the Road Rage tires, I would love to hear about it too, because I was considering a set. My only concern was that I would just have zero control when I jumped it back onto the grass or dirt. [My space is limited, so I try to use every inch that isn't infested with nasty trees and light-poles, etc.... This means VERY irregular surface quality] :lol:

tfrahm 03-13-2007 07:30 PM

I raced a XXX-T in the local club's parking lot racing series two summers and found that LOSI T-90's (silver fronts, red rears) last forever and can race rings around proline's street tires...

Rufus2000 03-13-2007 08:08 PM

I'm behind Losi tires as well... The Smasher tire is perfect for asphalt and very good for offroad as well, tried reds and they last a very long time. Also the proline masher 2k or moab are possibly the longest lasting tires, however they're bigger than your standard stadium truck tires.

Linthu 03-15-2007 06:54 PM

You guys rock - thank all!