Help Me Choose A Truck Please!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Me Choose A Truck Please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help Me Choose A Truck Please!!!!

I am having trouble deciding on a Traxxas truck to buy. I need to choose between a T-Maxx or an E-Maxx. The T-Maxx would cost $360 and the E-Maxx would cost $325. I want something for off road but not racing just in the forest and maby mod it to do minor rock crawling. I dont know if i can lower the gear ratio on either truck. I like the gas truck since i dont have to charge any batteries but the electric one probably has lower speeds which is good for the off roading i want to do. Over all i justr cant decide!!!! HELP!!

E-Maxx: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=TRA3906

T-Maxx: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=TRA4910
Old 03-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can get either slightly cheaper on Tower Hobbies and use a coupon. Might be able to find it cheaper than that even.

Gas will be messy, smelly, loud, and need more maintenance than electric. You will have to learn a small amount of information related to engine tuning probably at some point. You will get longer runtimes since you can keep refilling gas until your receiver battery wears down.

Electric is quiet and clean. It's plug and play. You will have a lot more downtime as you will have to recharge batteries often.

Gas would not be good for rock crawling but I think it's more fun to rip around with. Zoom zoom.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

It takes more battery packs to keep up with to run gas than it does electric. You have the R/X pack, the T/X pack, the rotostart/starter box, the temp gun battery and the glow ignitor battery versuses the electric, the main battery and the T/X battery.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, im gunna check more into the E-Maxx
Old 03-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

gas you get more runtime. is more louder than elec.

elec. has less of a runtime. is quiter.

personally, i like gas better because in a few hours, you can get a lot more run time than elec. can. plus with elec. your motors over heat and eventually need a cleaning or a cutting on the com.

it's really your choice. go with what best suits you.