Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to get racing tips?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Where to get racing tips?

Every forum that I have seen about racing only talks about where to race and who won what. I looking for somewhere that I can get information from other racers on how to adjust my truck and what works and what doesn't. If your truck is doing this then you need to change that! What kind of tires to use for this type of track and so forth. Where can I find this kind of information?

tbfoto
Old 03-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Losi has a tire guide for their tires, as does pro-line.

The manuals provide a lot of good information on what changes do, but a lot of people here are willing to help as well if you need further assitance or explaination.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sometimes the back of your manual for you vehicle will tell you what affects what. I know my Losi AD2 and 8ight manual does, and so does the Xray manuals. Also talk to fellow racers.

This is for onroad but the only difference in offroad and onroad is when traction occurs pretty much.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
200mm guide.pdf (216.4 KB, 127 views)
Old 03-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I have found to exstinsive guides
http://aedownloads.com/pdf/RC_HandbookV2.pdf

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/2314/rc-faq.html

I really wish I would have read these before I bought my first car. Peace Ethan
Old 03-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Make friends with the fast guys at the 5 tracks closest to you and ask them. That's usually the best-especially if they are sponsored drivers and you run the same vehicle as them.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

or you can just ask right here and we will be more than happy to help you out you dont gotta freak out
Old 03-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

tbfoto what kind of car do you have?
Old 03-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This site has a lot of good general setup info...

http://users.pandora.be/elvo/

Otherwise, here is a great place to have questions like yours answered!

Tire choice is the one thing that would best be answered at the place you race. There's just no way of knowing what would work without trying it. The fast guys will always know. Don't be afraid to ask.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Xray X8 manual has KILLER info and is downloadable. I am sure the other ones are great as well. NThat ASE guide is killer as well, and AE has another book that describes all about electric stuff, turns, winds, gearing adn stuff, great info there as well.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

A guy named Charlie Perez posts an enormous amount of information on what adjustments on cars do, its located on RC10B4.com. I suggest starting on page one and reading through everything if your really intrested and really want to learn (its alot of pages). Charlie races Team Associated cars and trucks but the information works on all cars.

http://www.rc10b4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32
Old 03-09-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Old 03-09-2007, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Old 03-09-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

This thread should be stickied
Old 03-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old 03-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Well.....ok then let me ask a few questions. First of all I'm an old guy (47) and I just got my first ever RC truck this past summer. I knew nothing about them. I was on e-bay late one night and started looking at them and put in a bid on one that I was sure would not win but....so I ended up with an older Associated RC10T. It is in very good condition. I started reading alot about RC on the internet. I soon found out that not too many people still have these however I felt like it could still be a good "starter" for me. I ran it up and down the street in my spare time and that got old real fast. I soon discovered that my town had an indoor track. I went over my truck real good and added bearings, got a new stock motor and some new batteries. I bought a few replacment parts and off to the track I went. This track is a dirt banked oval. The keep the dirt moist (not muddy). We have to use a treaded tire (rules). My truck drives like it is on ice. I guess the term is "loose". I had one guy tell me I need to have stiffer springs, another guy said he runs the softest springs he can find. Now I know they have different trucks (a T4 and Evader) but I would think the principal would be the same. It is so bad that I get run into by the other trucks because I have to go so slow to get around the turns without the back end going around. I recently switched radios to one that has adjustable steering rates and I think that may help some. I'm not looking to be a pro just tired of getting beat by all those 10 year old's. LOL I guess maybe I just need to spend an off day at the track and keep changing things untill it gets better. I will get a newer truck one day but for now I need to run this. Got any ideas?

tbfoto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.