Is Hyper .21 8 Port a Good Engine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Hyper .21 8 Port a Good Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default Is Hyper .21 8 Port a Good Engine?

I have a Jammin X1-CR RTR, and it came with a Force 26 i think... would a hyper 21 be a better engine?
Old 02-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In my opinion, No. I do not like the 8 port.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

THE 8 port i had was great. It starts easy, runs all day.Lacks a little in grunt but keeps going.

The newer version Mach turbo is a lot better and goes harder..Can't go wrong.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:59 PM

Default hyper 8 port

Ill second that. I have an 8 port with 40 ltrs on it. It has been an excellent engine. It has the boost attachment. Guys at the track are always surprised when i tell them what motor i run. A reliable motor. I put the ttr 2039 pipe & header on it & it really opened up. Have run it in Monster Pirate & TTR ST1.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you like it, they must be some magical ones.
Had the usual 8 port ant the race version, both of them were rubbish. Didn't hold a tune, hadn't enough power and both were very unreliable. Stay away from that engine.
Bought an RB concept engine and all problems, concerning flame outs, idling, power, reliability, temps, passed away. Dont want to remember that headache again. Imagine a 30min final, being first in the A main, at half the race it starts to rain a bit, the car gets a bit heavier and flames out, then again and again and you finish last...It has never happined with my new engine.
I think better spend a bit more money, but buy a good budget engine from a well know brand, like the O.S. VG, RB S3, Werks B3 and so on..
Old 03-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scottfish0
I have an 8 port with 40 ltrs on it.
OMG if that isnt a reason to buy one i dont know what is. Ive found force engines have jack bottom end, the hyper would diff be better than your force. But yeh its diff worth shelling out a bit more for something better, id say just stay away from the os vspec, awesome engine, absolutely hammers just has major bearing problems and ive heard of alot of them retiring before 20 litres. (eg mine retired after 11 litres). Go italian if you can afford it.