Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
It depends where you race and track conditions, if you don't use the foams, you can send them to me, and I can distribute them to all the racers in my area, where they will get used and work better than closed cells..
What track conditions do the open cells work better for you? What is the lifespan of those open cell foams also compared to the life of the tire? Are the foams lasting the same amount of time as the tire?
Old 08-08-2011, 03:37 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by swoll_929
What is the advantage of the finisher over the punisher? or is it just style preference?
Finnisher cab is further forward and the window is stood up more. Side-pods are less aggressive.

What is with the subculture SC molded foams. Their like too small for the tire. Kinda bummed on that deal.
Some of the inserts come out smaller than others; if your inserts are extremely undersized, we will replace them.

Speaking of foams, maybe you guys can explain the logic behind this. Why is it that the 4wd buggy tires cost nearly as much of the sct tires yet they don't come w/ the nice closed cell foams? The mold for the sct requires more material plus they get nicer 9 dollar a pair foams for about the same price as the 4wd tires. Somewhat dissapointed in that.
Dave
Simple; we originally released the SCT tires with std foam inserts and pricing was set. Once we upgraded to the newer inserts, we decided to eat the price increase for the customer .
Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Simple; we originally released the SCT tires with std foam inserts and pricing was set. Once we upgraded to the newer inserts, we decided to eat the price increase for the customer .
Thanks JC!....
Old 08-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Finnisher cab is further forward and the window is stood up more. Side-pods are less aggressive.

Some of the inserts come out smaller than others; if your inserts are extremely undersized, we will replace them.

Think it is time for the 4wd foam upgrade . $10 per set of tire increase (Expense of 2 closed cell foams) adds up especially when some other manufacturers at your same price point include closed cell foams. Food for thought. Thanks for addressing the question though, nice to see a company up front w/ their customers.

Dave
Old 08-10-2011, 04:58 PM
PW
Tech Elite

JConcepts Blog updates - Click Here

JConcepts gallery - Click Here

Stay tuned for some "Brand New" items debuting this weekend from JC

Old 08-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW

Dialed!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by PW

thought it was a converted sc10 to buggy ;p
Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Any plans for a finisher body for the RB5? If not, will the body fit with minimal cutting? I like it better then the punisher body.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah what about Kyosho?? two extended bodies made and nothing for us? not even Betty answers
Old 08-11-2011, 11:39 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by What up?
Any plans for a finisher body for the RB5? If not, will the body fit with minimal cutting? I like it better then the punisher body.
We have it on the list for the Rumored updated car coming late this year (hearing October-ish).
Old 08-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onefast8
What is with the subculture SC molded foams. Their like too small for the tire. Kinda bummed on that deal.
I have a pair of subcultures I bought new. I used them for a bit, changed them out by boiling the tire off the wheel. The foams with molded sidewall got trashed in the process. Since Jconcepts doesn't mold a sidewall into the tire itself, and I can't seem to find those specific foams anywhere, am I screwed?

Seems like whatever foams I try in the tires now, including the jconcepts blues a team driver hooked me up with, leave a squishy nasty feeling sidewall.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:26 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lowroad
I have a pair of subcultures I bought new. I used them for a bit, changed them out by boiling the tire off the wheel. The foams with molded sidewall got trashed in the process. Since Jconcepts doesn't mold a sidewall into the tire itself, and I can't seem to find those specific foams anywhere, am I screwed?

Seems like whatever foams I try in the tires now, including the jconcepts blues a team driver hooked me up with, leave a squishy nasty feeling sidewall.
The new "closed-cell" JConcepts inserts are what we have found to best in the tires. The tire/insert combo has won multiple national level events and seem to be working great. There was a small batch of the "close-cell" inserts that were under-sized and didn't fill the tire properly.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Are you releasing aluminum heaxes for the new AE B4.1 hex drive?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
The new "closed-cell" JConcepts inserts are what we have found to best in the tires. The tire/insert combo has won multiple national level events and seem to be working great. There was a small batch of the "close-cell" inserts that were under-sized and didn't fill the tire properly.
hm, ok, thanks!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PW
We have it on the list for the Rumored updated car coming late this year (hearing October-ish).
I heard it was extended then I heard it wasnt so I guess we will just have to wait.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.