Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Nice results John, Im glad the tires are working for you. Its nice to get such a detailed look at racing in another area of North America; your blog site is sweet!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So andy have you packed my little order

If things keep going the way they are you are going to have to sleep at the warehouse
Old 05-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kyosho_101
So andy have you packed my little order

If things keep going the way they are you are going to have to sleep at the warehouse
There are two

And youre correct, I would have to sleep at the warehouse at this rate, haha. pm sent.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

The JConcepts RCSignup.com SuperCup!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...10#post4424410
Old 05-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

New video is up, the Cactus Classic. I know its a little late...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zav0imV3mbA
Old 05-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Are you going to have a product tent at Farmers (5/17-18 State Race) next week?

Hope so need a set of Double Dee for my gas truck!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Andy, I check the jconcepts website pretty regularly and I was wondering if you have an idea when the rulux wheels will be available in white for the rear of the B4 again. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20881

idk if you wanted them from JC officially or not...
Old 05-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I just picked up a used non-worlds BJ4 to race here. Wanted to give 4wd buggy another try.

I run lipos and they do not have the humps to secure the batts in the slots. Does anyone know where I can get side stops so the batts dont move side to side? I thought I saw some aluminum blue ones once but wasnt sure where they are from.

Chirag
Old 05-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ran a set of blue Goosebumps in 1/8th scale today on a wet-but-drying semi loamy track and they were awesome. Even the inserts held up so far. I think the main reason my previous set of inserts tore was excessive ballooning of the front tires from having 5K oil in the center diff (standard 5,5,5 setup for the RC8) Before today, I switched to 7K in the center to try and control the ballooning. So far, so good. I was especially impressed by how the tires felt the same from the beginning of a 15 min main with water puddles still on the track, to the end with the loose surface dirt dry. Everyone else was running various tires from Komodo 2's, M3 Crimefighters, Losi red eclipses, and some big pin tires that I didn't really recongnize. I think the GPs were better than all of them. I expect that these will be the tire of choice by next week , after I won the main by 2 laps
Old 05-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpatel529
I just picked up a used non-worlds BJ4 to race here. Wanted to give 4wd buggy another try.

I run lipos and they do not have the humps to secure the batts in the slots. Does anyone know where I can get side stops so the batts dont move side to side? I thought I saw some aluminum blue ones once but wasnt sure where they are from.

Chirag
My BJ4 (Non W.E.) Came with a Li-Po tray that the Previous owner made... I'll try and get a pic in a few days.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I've now raced four diff tracks with one set of Goose Bumps.

Hurricane, Farmers, DC Offroad RC Park and Machine Offroad RC Club, all are in Florida.

Farmers is the only track that they did not work!!!

BUT! They had just prepped it for next weeks Nitro State Race. The track had a blue groove developing, I sure Double Dee would have been a better tire, which I didn't have. So I was forced to use a lesser tire (hole shots) to TQ and finish 1st in gas truck!!! Hope I can get a set of DD's by next week!!!

Andy, Farmers is out of DD's for gas truck HINT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tmail55
Are you going to have a product tent at Farmers (5/17-18 State Race) next week?

Hope so need a set of Double Dee for my gas truck!!!
I believe we will have product there for sale.

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Andy, I check the jconcepts website pretty regularly and I was wondering if you have an idea when the rulux wheels will be available in white for the rear of the B4 again. Thanks for any help.
We should have stock built back up pretty soon, so we'll put them back on the website.

Originally Posted by rdub202
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20881

idk if you wanted them from JC officially or not...
A very good idea, amain almost always has what you need, haha.

Originally Posted by cpatel529

Chirag
I would just servo tape the battery down, that coupled with the stock battery brace should be more than enough to hold it into place. The piece youre talking about (assuming its ours) wont work with that type of battery.

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Ran a set of blue Goosebumps in 1/8th scale today on a wet-but-drying semi loamy track and they were awesome. Even the inserts held up so far. I think the main reason my previous set of inserts tore was excessive ballooning of the front tires from having 5K oil in the center diff (standard 5,5,5 setup for the RC8) Before today, I switched to 7K in the center to try and control the ballooning. So far, so good. I was especially impressed by how the tires felt the same from the beginning of a 15 min main with water puddles still on the track, to the end with the loose surface dirt dry. Everyone else was running various tires from Komodo 2's, M3 Crimefighters, Losi red eclipses, and some big pin tires that I didn't really recongnize. I think the GPs were better than all of them. I expect that these will be the tire of choice by next week , after I won the main by 2 laps
Thats great to hear, how was the wear after that amount of time?

Originally Posted by tmail55
I've now raced four diff tracks with one set of Goose Bumps.

Hurricane, Farmers, DC Offroad RC Park and Machine Offroad RC Club, all are in Florida.

Farmers is the only track that they did not work!!!

BUT! They had just prepped it for next weeks Nitro State Race. The track had a blue groove developing, I sure Double Dee would have been a better tire, which I didn't have. So I was forced to use a lesser tire (hole shots) to TQ and finish 1st in gas truck!!! Hope I can get a set of DD's by next week!!!

Andy, Farmers is out of DD's for gas truck HINT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
Thats great to hear, how was the wear after that amount of time?
Andy, no noticeable wear at all. But the track was not abrasive at all either.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks Andy for the quick reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.