Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Naxn
What's the word on gold Stadium Truck Dirt Webs? I've had them on backorder forever and the date keeps getting pushed back.
Everyone acts like I hit the lottery when they see I have gold DirtWebs for my T5m. I ordered them like 6 weeks ago because I made an educated guess that they would become scarce, based upon past experience.

Why is this the case? Obviously JC knew the new AE and Losi stadium trucks were going to ignite. Why not just have a ton of these tires made up beforehand to meet the exploding market demand? Lots of cash that could be flowing into JC is instead going to AKA.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
Why is this the case? Obviously JC knew the new AE and Losi stadium trucks were going to ignite. Why not just have a ton of these tires made up beforehand to meet the exploding market demand? Lots of cash that could be flowing into JC is instead going to AKA.
Jesse, in a business it's hard to be the one who takes a gamble on future products. Yea, they knew the 2.0T and the T5M were coming, but with lead time and no idea of what the demand would be, it may be better to hold back and look at backorders than to order let's say...$25,000 worth of product, do the run, have it ready by the time the truck drops....

Then watch the class surge for a month and then die. It's a gamble sure, but I would assume you would want to gauge the need first, then up production.

Look at proline! They don't even offer much for a stadium truck...
Old 04-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sorry. I wish I hadn't of made that posting. I've always been quite happy with the majority of the JC products I've purchased. It's not my role to question their decisions that are best for whatever the reasons may be. My bad. Just have several track buddies looking for ST DirtWebs right now.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
Jesse, in a business it's hard to be the one who takes a gamble on future products. Yea, they knew the 2.0T and the T5M were coming, but with lead time and no idea of what the demand would be, it may be better to hold back and look at backorders than to order let's say...$25,000 worth of product, do the run, have it ready by the time the truck drops....

Then watch the class surge for a month and then die. It's a gamble sure, but I would assume you would want to gauge the need first, then up production.

Look at proline! They don't even offer much for a stadium truck...
Proline doesn't offer much for Stadium Truck? The 2 hottest tires right now, Ions and Primes are both available for Stadium Truck.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tradin Paint
Proline doesn't offer much for Stadium Truck? The 2 hottest tires right now, Ions and Primes are both available for Stadium Truck.
JC offers 11 different tires, majority have the full spread of compounds. PL offers 6 different tires, and most are single compound only.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

PW

I'm going to be running some gold barcodes on my T5M at OCRC raceway in So Cal since it's what I already had before the Dirtwebs came out. What would be the best direction to run them for their medium to high grip track? Large Y bar facing out or in.
Thanks in advance.
- Javier
Old 04-19-2015, 12:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flintTRDTC
PW

I'm going to be running some gold barcodes on my T5M at OCRC raceway in So Cal since it's what I already had before the Dirtwebs came out. What would be the best direction to run them for their medium to high grip track? Large Y bar facing out or in.
Thanks in advance.
- Javier
Depends, on the front large Y goes inside.
On the rear the large Y goes outside.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:45 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Naxn
What's the word on gold Stadium Truck Dirt Webs? I've had them on backorder forever and the date keeps getting pushed back.
No ETA for full inventory, but small batches coming and going in the next week or so.

Jesse, in a business it's hard to be the one who takes a gamble on future products. Yea, they knew the 2.0T and the T5M were coming, but with lead time and no idea of what the demand would be, it may be better to hold back and look at backorders than to order let's say...$25,000 worth of product, do the run, have it ready by the time the truck drops....Then watch the class surge for a month and then die. It's a gamble sure, but I would assume you would want to gauge the need first, then up production. Look at proline! They don't even offer much for a stadium truck...
Sorry. I wish I hadn't of made that posting. I've always been quite happy with the majority of the JC products I've purchased. It's not my role to question their decisions that are best for whatever the reasons may be. My bad. Just have several track buddies looking for ST DirtWebs right now.
Maybe we haven't come across the right "easy button" that actually works...

Seriously guys, it's just not that easy. We have vendors too and only so much rubber can be produced, so with very limited amounts of rubber you have to split up production between multiple scales and classes.

I dare say we have the hottest 10th scale tire line-up right now and make tires as fast as we can with the amount of rubber supplied.

Thanks in advance.
- Javier
Like thecman mention; the "Y" is more side bite and the "u" is less, so mount accordingly.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Is the 22T MM body a long ways off?
Old 04-20-2015, 07:12 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
Is the 22T MM body a long ways off?
The mold is finished and we are working on the press release info/photos now
Old 04-20-2015, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
The mold is finished and we are working on the press release info/photos now
Old 04-22-2015, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

How close is the red compound to the gold?
Old 04-22-2015, 12:25 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dpcardoza
How close is the red compound to the gold?
Completely different family.

Family 1:
-Black
-Green
-Blue
-Red

Family 2 (clay compound):
-Silver
-Gold
Old 04-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

How have guys been mounting up the new remix tires? They look like the barcode in terms of which bar you want on the outside foe different conditions.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by ironzgti35
How have guys been mounting up the new remix tires? They look like the barcode in terms of which bar you want on the outside foe different conditions.
If i recall as long as you mount them all the same way depending what side of the car you mount them on will depend if the bar is going forward or backwards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.