Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Are the jconcepts 60mm rims susceptible to traction rolling like the Pro-lines are? Most sponsored pros here go with a standard wheel with AKA evo adapters to mount and use the VTR Electrons.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:58 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dale.0
Are most people modifying the dirt tech foams to make them a little softer? And if so doing what?
I've been just recycling my inserts so that they are broke-in; they seem to last a really long time (3+ months).

When will the team selection be in December?
November through December; it's a very long process for the team manager.

I just placed an order for 2.2 webs and 60mm foams.(didnt know the difference of 2.2/60mm) This is not perfect timing. Can I return 2.2 webs for 60mm as the foams I bought wont fit the tires I bought?
You can return any unopened packages if you ordered directly from us. It might be easier/cheaper (shipping charges) to just stick with the 2.2 tires and swap out your inserts for the standard 2.2 Dirt Techs or use a set of 2.2 inserts you may already have. You can also cut the bead like Rider posted.

when will they start shipping?
Now

See the new smoothies on the site,

Dumb question if anyone can answer, will there be some 4wd front smoothies? Would seem to make sense to me if those would have come out at the same time as the 2wd buggy ones. Hopefully those are in the pipe line to hit the site soon, before Cactus would be ideal.
Yes; they are finishing them up now and should ship with the next batch of Smoothies. The 1st 2 batches of 2wd Smoothies have already sold out.

Are the jconcepts 60mm rims susceptible to traction rolling like the Pro-lines are? Most sponsored pros here go with a standard wheel with AKA evo adapters to mount and use the VTR Electrons.
The wheel size is the same, but our wheels are stiffer. I can't speak/recommend what to do for PL stuff, but we offer our Dirt Webs in both 2.2 and 2.4, so no need for the adapters .
Old 12-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I have found i traction roll less with the 2.4 wheels. Less sidewall flex. The sidewalls were folding over on our high bite track with 2.2 wheels.

Paul, I know you recycle your inserts. I do the same with my aka red. The dirt tech inserts are more stiff than AKA reds, correct? I was thinking about smoothies for SRS, but I am concerned about how long the break in process will take. I might ask Spencer the next time I see him, what his breaking procedure for the dirt tech inserts at SRS is.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:00 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I have found i traction roll less with the 2.4 wheels. Less sidewall flex. The sidewalls were folding over on our high bite track with 2.2 wheels.

Paul, I know you recycle your inserts. I do the same with my aka red. The dirt tech inserts are more stiff than AKA reds, correct? I was thinking about smoothies for SRS, but I am concerned about how long the break in process will take. I might ask Spencer the next time I see him, what his breaking procedure for the dirt tech inserts at SRS is.
Yes; they are slightly stiffer.

There isn't really any break-in period for the Smoothies at SRS according to Jason, who was just there for the AZ States (maybe just 1 run to be safe).

In my experience with the Smoothies on our dry tracks, I just put one run on them to basically seed everything and check my glue job and they are race ready.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Will I need to change gearing with 60mm wheels for my stock b5m?
Old 12-03-2014, 08:27 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Micah123
Will I need to change gearing with 60mm wheels for my stock b5m?
You shouldn't; the overall tire diameter is still the same. I guess the only difference would be the 60mm combo is a little lighter, that might be worth a 1/2 tooth if you are getting super technical .
Old 12-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

allright.. dont laugh at the newbie for this..

I have a pair of splitters (2.2" buggy) for my b5. when i bought new wheels i now realize they are 60mm. w the aka closed cell red, the splitters look like they fit just beautifully. the 60 mm wheel no longer have the lip for the tire to fall completely into, but is this a valid mount? i see there are 2.4" tires.. but once mounted am i going to have an issue? looks like it will set nice..

i have a few sets of 2.2" tires that i am looking to mount like this, and the wheels i bought happened to be 60mm without catching it, so i want to know if i will be making a big mistake mounting 2.2" tires, w 2.2" inserts, on 60mm wheels.

Last edited by spamager; 12-03-2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: added info
Old 12-04-2014, 06:28 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spamager
allright.. dont laugh at the newbie for this..

I have a pair of splitters (2.2" buggy) for my b5. when i bought new wheels i now realize they are 60mm. w the aka closed cell red, the splitters look like they fit just beautifully. the 60 mm wheel no longer have the lip for the tire to fall completely into, but is this a valid mount? i see there are 2.4" tires.. but once mounted am i going to have an issue? looks like it will set nice..

i have a few sets of 2.2" tires that i am looking to mount like this, and the wheels i bought happened to be 60mm without catching it, so i want to know if i will be making a big mistake mounting 2.2" tires, w 2.2" inserts, on 60mm wheels.
I wouldn't recommend it and I would suggest getting the correct 2.2 wheels for optimum performance. If exchanging the 60mm wheels for standard 2.2's is not an option, I would recommend cutting the bead off the 2.2 tire and mounting them per design of the 60mm wheel/tire combo with 2.4 inserts.

I put together some pics on how to do this...
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-img_7760.jpg   JConcepts Thread-img_7761.jpg   JConcepts Thread-img_7762.jpg   JConcepts Thread-img_7763.jpg  
Old 12-04-2014, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

any plans for a body for the new three gear B5m transmission setup?
Old 12-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Why the 3 gear for mid motor, what will be the advantage?
Old 12-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
same body. they might just want to at "cut lines"
Old 12-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
I've been just recycling my inserts so that they are broke-in; they seem to last a really long time (3+ months).

November through December; it's a very long process for the team manager.

You can return any unopened packages if you ordered directly from us. It might be easier/cheaper (shipping charges) to just stick with the 2.2 tires and swap out your inserts for the standard 2.2 Dirt Techs or use a set of 2.2 inserts you may already have. You can also cut the bead like Rider posted.

Now

Yes; they are finishing them up now and should ship with the next batch of Smoothies. The 1st 2 batches of 2wd Smoothies have already sold out.

The wheel size is the same, but our wheels are stiffer. I can't speak/recommend what to do for PL stuff, but we offer our Dirt Webs in both 2.2 and 2.4, so no need for the adapters .
Yeah, it's s well known issue amongst PL drivers in so-cal. Haven't exactly gotten an explanation why, but VTRs are subject to traction rolling. I know I donr have any issue with EVO rims. When are a Dirt Tech rear inserts coming back in stock? Have 3 sets of rear dirt webs and don't want to use AKA red foams anymore in rear. Like the dirt techs better. But back ordered everywhere.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:33 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BRSracing
Like wildcat posted; it will be the same body with the added cutlines on the opposite side.

When are a Dirt Tech rear inserts coming back in stock?
We have them in stock now
Old 12-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
same body. they might just want to at "cut lines"
exactly so i dont screw up cutting it out
Old 12-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Dirt Webs for 1/10 stadium truck

Originally Posted by PW
Paul,

What closed cell inserts are included with the stadium truck Dirt Webs? It doesn't specify on the description. I assume it's the standard blue ones. I normally run AKA foams but would really like to try the Dirt Tech. I just don't wanna end up ordering the Dirt Tech foams separately and end up with extras right now when money is tight during the holidays.

If they are not included do u have any plans to make it a upgrade option in the future? Would be really cool to be able to save some money and not waste inserts.

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.