Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:01 AM
J_P
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
Any plan on Splitters for front 4wd buggy?
It is something we are looking into.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Okay, so I am hung on the new black and silver compounds and need help with compound choice from someone who has tried them.

I have always run either gold or SS, but am having trouble with them at a new track. This track has a wet clay surface, slicks are hooking up, but gold barcodes no longer have any traction if they have any tread.

Any suggestions on what compound to try? Going to be running dirt webs and barcodes.

Last edited by JourneyMan; 02-05-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

^ Green or black compounds.

Dirtwebs front, Bar/brocode rears; or DW all around should be a good place to start.

However, I have seen track surfaces like that sometimes only like slicks. In that case, use the green compound.

Just raced on a track really similar to what you described. Dirtwebs front/barcodes rear were good; as were slicks. The latter you just have to try to find out.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
What is the best front buggy tire from JC, is it still the barcode? Also is there anything out to compete with the scrubs at the moment.
I typically run 1/10 indoor. I always wanted a tire more linear and aggressive than the barcode... Dirtwebs provide that
Old 01-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Any plan on dirt webs for stadium truck?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So please tell me jc will be releasing a finnisher body for b5 and b5m on release day? I cant stand the bulldog bodies. Soooo ugly.

Pw?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NICEALLDAY
So please tell me jc will be releasing a finnisher body for b5 and b5m on release day? I cant stand the bulldog bodies. Soooo ugly.

Pw?
It will not be a Finnisher body, but from what I understand it will be as close to release as possible.

They are coming out with a brand new design/line for 1/10 bodies.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
It will not be a Finnisher body, but from what I understand it will be as close to release as possible.

They are coming out with a brand new design/line for 1/10 bodies.
Hideeho
I know it's not going to happen, but...
please, PLEASE, PLEASE no more cab forward! or at least a cab mid

Oh, and as long as I'm pleading, how about some rulux with 12mm hexes?
Old 01-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Waflet
Hideeho
I know it's not going to happen, but...
please, PLEASE, PLEASE no more cab forward! or at least a cab mid

Oh, and as long as I'm pleading, how about some rulux with 12mm hexes?
Cab forward bodies have proven to aid in the aerodynamics on these super high bite tracks of today. Not going with a cab forward design would probably be a step backwards, tbh.

They don't make bodies just for looks, but as improvements, much like all of the components offered. Function > Form.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
Cab forward bodies have proven to aid in the aerodynamics on these super high bite tracks of today. Not going with a cab forward design would probably be a step backwards, tbh.

They don't make bodies just for looks, but as improvements, much like all of the components offered. Function > Form.
Hideeho
I know. That's why I know it won't happen. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.
I would GREATLY prefer to have a cab rear body & neat, well designed front wing. This is a perfect exmple of what I'm talking about:
http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk/wp-conte...ple/oople4.jpg

p.s. if anybody ever started importing these I'd be very interested in one
Old 01-22-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
Okay, so I am hung on the new black and silver compounds and need help with compound choice from someone who has tried them.

I have always run either gold or SS, but am having trouble with a new track I am running on. It is a clay surface that is about 3-4yrs old, new tires have no traction. They have put diesel (), cal mag and sugar beat juice in the clay and they have decided to start running it wet. Slicks are hooking up, but gold barcodes no longer have any traction if they have tread.

Any suggestions on what compound to try? They typically run ions in front and subs in rear... (but now slicks). Going to be running dirt webs and barcodes.
If you are talking about Addiction RC, I have always ran gold as well with great results, on the super wet track a few weeks ago, my barcodes did not hookup like usual, so I tried gold pressure points and they performed very well. I have some new gold dirt webs to try out this weekend. I am thinking they will be good for that surface. I have never been a fan of slicks!! I have not tried silver or black yet, but what I have heard about the new silver is good just a tad bit softer than gold but it breaks in faster.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rotten
If you are talking about Addiction RC, I have always ran gold as well with great results, on the super wet track a few weeks ago, my barcodes did not hookup like usual, so I tried gold pressure points and they performed very well. I have some new gold dirt webs to try out this weekend. I am thinking they will be good for that surface. I have never been a fan of slicks!! I have not tried silver or black yet, but what I have heard about the new silver is good just a tad bit softer than gold but it breaks in faster.
I am hoping the dirt webs will be the answer. They should perform similar to Pro-Line IONS. Might have to try out some silvers, they would break-in quicker which is a plus.

Last edited by JourneyMan; 02-05-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does Jconcepts have a Stadium Truck Body that fits the DEST210?
Old 01-25-2014, 10:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Man i would love if you guys came out with a Soft or Clay compound 2wd Staduim truck Flip out tires ! I been running the Green Flip out tires on a carpet track on the Rear end.

And they work great and last a decent amount of time with a firmer tire insert . And still work fine with the with the middle tread worn down.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

These dirt webs are the real deal. Turned quite a few heads to boot. Better get a steady supply of these to all hobby shops In Sacramento and the Bay Area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.