Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 05:27 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R.Shackleford
Also what is the eta on the pressure points on that BMax2 in the product announcement?
I don't have one, but will check into it.

Is there ever going to be a softer or medium Short Course Insert to give tuning options for low traction tracks?

Also Ive had some hazard wheels latly coming out of the pack warped and buckled pretty bad so has my friend also
The stock inserts are medium; nothing softer in the works.

We haven't seen this; please contact us directly so that we can take care of the issue ASAP.

I was wondering is there an ETA on the anti-roll kit for the Associated SC10? and will JConcepts be making the Bro codes for the SCT as well?
Still no ETA on the sway-bar kits, a new mold had to be remade .

No Bro Codes for SCT right now.

ETA on the T4.1 12mm hex conversion?
In production now, not sure when they will ship.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Paul,

Can you explain when Barcodes in the Gold compound would be the tire of choice? Seems like at local track most people will use "Green" then jump to "Blue" if traction changes. No one seems to really utilize "Golds".

Is that more of a high traction/groove type compound? I see it listed for FT drivers at large events often. Just wondering because the compounds are listed as "soft" and "indoor soft".

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Gold is a blue grooved, high temp (higher than here) west coast thing. I haven't found a use for them on the east.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Gold is a blue grooved, high temp (higher than here) west coast thing. I haven't found a use for them on the east.
top...You are thinking of Orange. Gold is an indoor compound for wet clay tracks.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

You're right, but I haven't found a track where gold works. The larger indoor tracks around here (RC Excitement and Island Raceway and Hobby) usually run blues.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus
Paul,

Can you explain when Barcodes in the Gold compound would be the tire of choice? Seems like at local track most people will use "Green" then jump to "Blue" if traction changes. No one seems to really utilize "Golds".

Is that more of a high traction/groove type compound? I see it listed for FT drivers at large events often. Just wondering because the compounds are listed as "soft" and "indoor soft".

Thanks.
Gold compound is for indoor wet/packed/sticky clay surfaces. Green and Blue Bar Codes are for drier/hard packed surfaces that may or may not have dust.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tire prep

has anyone tried preping there tires with anything? i have raced dirt oval gokarts for 20 years now and it is huge in that racing world. i club race at the hobbytown hobbyplex in omaha nebraska, and i have a prep that works pretty good with jc tires to cut through the slime on a hard wet track; and another prep for a dry slick to cut through the dust and wear the tires but not tear or grain them. just thought id see what kind of reply's i could get here. one of the chemicals im using i have sold for $300 a gallon to other karters, i take tires pretty seriously lol
Old 10-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WILDWILLIE 9
has anyone tried preping there tires with anything? i have raced dirt oval gokarts for 20 years now and it is huge in that racing world. i club race at the hobbytown hobbyplex in omaha nebraska, and i have a prep that works pretty good with jc tires to cut through the slime on a hard wet track; and another prep for a dry slick to cut through the dust and wear the tires but not tear or grain them. just thought id see what kind of reply's i could get here. one of the chemicals im using i have sold for $300 a gallon to other karters, i take tires pretty seriously lol
Stop teasing and spill the beans!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drepus
Stop teasing and spill the beans!
ill be at the spectrum race at trackside in November if you want to try or buy some my name is Will Brinton
Old 10-17-2012, 05:22 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WILDWILLIE 9
Yes; tire sauce is a huge part of r/c racing, but it mostly pertains to indoor racing. There are dozens of purpose made tires sauces for r/c as well as plenty of home brewed ones. 2 or 3 stand out above the rest as the others come and go, but racers are always looking for that next magic sauce .
Old 10-17-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Yes; tire sauce is a huge part of r/c racing, but it mostly pertains to indoor racing. There are dozens of purpose made tires sauces for r/c as well as plenty of home brewed ones. 2 or 3 stand out above the rest as the others come and go, but racers are always looking for that next magic sauce .
Motor spray and buggy grip?
Old 10-17-2012, 05:34 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Motor spray and buggy grip?
It's all track dependent.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Paul, just wanted to let ya know I am getting a T4.1 and a Finnisher body for it. Also looking at getting the axle conversion and some other Jconcepts gear for it too. Thanks Jconcepts!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:40 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JasonLee
Hey Paul, just wanted to let ya know I am getting a T4.1 and a Finnisher body for it. Also looking at getting the axle conversion and some other Jconcepts gear for it too. Thanks Jconcepts!
Very cool! Enjoy it man
Old 10-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

PW.....u got PM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.