Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is there any long term fix for the front hinge pin where it starts wearing away at the chasis or do I proceed with my set screw instalation in the pivot block?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will be looking for a new Pit bag, Tools, little Bro bag, JC sweat shirts and some new kicks for my truck....... Jason have anything like that hahha

Keep up the good work you are an asset to R/C and we are glad to have you around

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aggdaddy
The B4 arms work for real? I was thinking about using some type of substitute last Saturday, but nothing looked like it matched up.
yep thats what they started with. it wasnt until the shortly after the worlds edition came out that the heavy duty arms followed.

Rc Blue well after two years running mine, actually three now that the Cactus just ended, mine have not rubbed there. you could either put a bit more tire glue right there on the chassis to protect it. or a couple layers of the under chassis tape thats comes with the car, clear contact paper would work. or you could go with the drill hole tap it method then install a screw.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

[AzBobby] -From what Ive heard those guys are incredibly hard on stuff, hence the revised piece.

[Aggdaddy] -The B4 arms should fit, although I havent tried them myself. The old car also used a specially made spacer to help support the lower shock mount screw.

[RCBLUE] -I know that the hinge pin does contact the chassis there, but is yours actually wearing at that point? I know on my car it also touches, but I see very little if any signs of wear. Maybe post a pic so I can get a better idea.

[Kevin Boyle] -We might just have some solutions for what youre looking to buy, haha. As soon as I can I'll post more info/and or the actual pics/teaser pics. Thanks for the compliment, Jason works unheard of hours in order to keep everything in check, as well as get great new products out.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I had mine wearing the chaisiss, so what I did, was take an extra rear hinge pin, and push it all the way back into the new "groove" in the chaisiss, and then cut the hinge pin to length, it actually seems to work better now, as I havn't had it wear the chaisis anymore than original, i think since it wore a little craddle for its self, it sits in there nice and moves even less,
Old 03-20-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Andy,

You have PM

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Old 03-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I use Jconcepts bodies on my xxxcr,mf2, and my revo, thay look awsome and last forever.I just got a Hot Bodies Lighting truggy and I wondering if any of the current bodies will fit this truck? I would love to the same great Jconcepts look on it that I have on all my other cars.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

[bobf24] -Not a bad idea, just make sure that there is enough clearence so that the suspension wont bind with the shocks off.

[Kevin Boyle] -pm replied.

[slammin] -I think you might just have to try a few different ones to see. The truggies mounting points are rather simplistic, so you shouldnt have difficulty finding one. Maybe start with the HPI h*llfire first, HPI and Hot Bodies seem to be connected at the hip.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Stole your thunder Andy, I found this on the JConcepts website. Is this the new product you guys where speaking of??

http://www.jconcepts.net/news/showar...?articleID=143
Old 03-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Andy,

I was holding off as well to post the link. I saw an update on RC10B4.com from Jason about the update to the JConcepts site.

D4man,

This one of the many new products that Jason has been working so hard on. To be fly on the wall at JConcepts.....WOW that would be cool.

Jason keep up the good work

Andy,

You are still the man keep us posted on the other producs that are coming from JConcepts.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 03-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I wish I could be a fly on the wall, but not only at j concepts

I wonder what compound they will be similar to? Holeshots (M3), King Pins?, or something else??
Old 03-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

[d4man] -The tires thing has slowly leaked out of the past few weeks since the Nitro Challenge. No problem about posting the link, I was working on a paper for school all day today. As far as the compounds, we should be offering two, one soft, and one medium (not their actual names).

[Kevin Boyle] -Exactly right, its nice being that fly, haha. Hopefully I can post up a couple of pics in the next few days related to our other new items.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

For those who havent seen the post on our site:

JConcepts Racing Tires - Press Release

"Double Dees" unleashed - First Big race, first Big win.

JConcepts Racing Tires made their debut at the 2007 Nitro Challenge in Surprise, AZ. In the hotly contested 45 minute A-main event, Ryan Maifield made it a debut to remember by winning the Pro Gas Truck class A-main with his Associated GT2 running on JConcepts "Double Dees" tires in Sticky Green Compound.

In 1/8th scale buggy, Maifield also blitzed the track in Round 2 of qualifying with his Associated RC8 by laying down a TQ run using the 1/8th scale version of the "Double Dees". That qualifying run set panic throughout the pits forcing everyone to adjust their selections for round 3.

JConcepts driver Ryan Maifield stated:
"You can tell if a tire is going to work on the first lap and especially in 1/10th scale and gas truck in particular. While in the lead with 2 minutes to go when I heard the race announcer say I had my fastest lap in the entire 45 minute A-main, I was impressed!

JConcepts President Jason Ruona stated:
"I have been fascinated with R/C tires since I started racing in 1991. I've driven in 3-IFMAR Worlds A-main finals and been a Pro driver since 1994. Great drivers can make a lot of products look good; tires are not one of those products."

Although, the first major event for these tires, they have been under development for nearly a year. Rigorous testing by qualified drivers and designers make for ideal racing products. JConcepts - Will, Vision, Desire, Strength and Creativity.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBLUE
Is there any long term fix for the front hinge pin where it starts wearing away at the chasis or do I proceed with my set screw instalation in the pivot block?
I know this is a long process but here is what I do: Take a small piece of lexan and ca glue it to the arm, on the side where the hinge pin would slide out (just a small drop). Then take a dremel and smooth it out. I will see if I can post a pic later. This problem is the only complaint I have ever had on the bj4.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Andy, tell Jason that if he needs a test pilot for these tracks in Jacksonville, I'm his man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.