Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would interpret the A's and B's as how well that specific tire and compound works on that specific surface. Assuming A is the best and so on...

Notice the Tire Compounds listed at the top of the chart:
Y - Yellow (Medium)
B - Blue (Soft)
O - Orange (Soft - Groove Condition)
G - Green (Super Soft)
Old 12-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Has there been a perminant price reduction on the tires as I see them at $18 on the web site but the original price was $24? or is it just a special price for there release?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyosho_101
Any idea what days JConcepts will be closed over the christmas break?
Very few as far as my schedule. Obviously Christmas day and New Years day, and I think both "eve's" as well. Passed that Im not sure.

Originally Posted by MustGoFaster
I would interpret the A's and B's as how well that specific tire and compound works on that specific surface. Assuming A is the best and so on...

Notice the Tire Compounds listed at the top of the chart:
Y - Yellow (Medium)
B - Blue (Soft)
O - Orange (Soft - Groove Condition)
G - Green (Super Soft)
Thats exactly correct. The categories that have multiple letters are for tires that are available in multiple compounds.

Originally Posted by Kyosho_101
Has there been a perminant price reduction on the tires as I see them at $18 on the web site but the original price was $24? or is it just a special price for there release?
The price on the website is MAP, and the other is full retail for the tires. I dont think there has been a change though.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just picked up a used BJ4 WE used from a local racer. its super clean and smooth. Can't wait to start reading up on tuning and getting this car race ready. I have been eye-balling getting a 4wd for some time, but couldn't quite justify the cost, nor could I realistically get one since i already have over 20 in my stable!.

But, for $275 w/ a 5.5 brushless motor and servo (no ESC) I really couldn't say no.

MOmo
Old 12-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MOmo
Just picked up a used BJ4 WE used from a local racer. its super clean and smooth. Can't wait to start reading up on tuning and getting this car race ready. I have been eye-balling getting a 4wd for some time, but couldn't quite justify the cost, nor could I realistically get one since i already have over 20 in my stable!.

But, for $275 w/ a 5.5 brushless motor and servo (no ESC) I really couldn't say no.

MOmo
Im sure you'll love it. If you need any help, just let me know. To start off with use the Tebo Nats setup located here:

http://www.rc10b4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7927
Old 12-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just mounted up a set of new tires and put the jconcepts new buggy inserts in them. They feel really nice and I believe they will be good on the track.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hey andy , would you know when your gettin the big hauler bags back in. ive already contacted jconcepts and gave my info .my zipper busted on mine , love the bag and still usin it but cant zip it. just curious if u knew when they were goin to be back in , thank you
Old 12-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
I just mounted up a set of new tires and put the jconcepts new buggy inserts in them. They feel really nice and I believe they will be good on the track.
Where did you get them, Im curious about our distribution channels.

Originally Posted by buckracer
hey andy , would you know when your gettin the big hauler bags back in. ive already contacted jconcepts and gave my info .my zipper busted on mine , love the bag and still usin it but cant zip it. just curious if u knew when they were goin to be back in , thank you
They should be available soon, the holidays have us running ragged, so we're up to our eyeballs in orders. I'll pm you when they are available again.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just tryed to order the new 1:10 scale rimes from my LHS and they said there is something going on where no manufacturer can get the wheels because Associated has the rights to then and is stopping JConcepts from selling them.

Either way i ordered them online myself and I just got an email saying they where shipped.

Just thought I would share that but i can't wait for the wheels.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by What up?
I just tryed to order the new 1:10 scale rimes from my LHS and they said there is something going on where no manufacturer can get the wheels because Associated has the rights to then and is stopping JConcepts from selling them.

Either way i ordered them online myself and I just got an email saying they where shipped.

Just thought I would share that but i can't wait for the wheels.
I think your local hobby shop has made a mistake. Our distributors have all the new products on order and they should be trickling down to the dealers that have them on order very soon
Old 12-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks Jason for responding so quickly, I was kinda surprized because it doesnt make any sense, I was wondering if anyone had heard anthing like that. I'm glad its not true.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by What up?
Thanks Jason for responding so quickly, I was kinda surprized because it doesnt make any sense, I was wondering if anyone had heard anthing like that. I'm glad its not true.
From my expirience, people dont always know what they are talking about.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

or they are just too lazy to order them........ any news yet if you are going to release RB5 spoked wheel i would be all over that i would be buying 12 pairs lol
Old 12-19-2007, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any ideas when the new kyosho ST-RR body will be released, it was listed as a coming soon but that was a couple of months ago now.

and

Any idea how long until the yellow compound 1/8 scale tires will be released and if there will be a hard compound released
Old 12-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, here's the update.

Stopped by the local track (5 min from my Apt) and gave the car a shake down run. Barely set up the car, still have some radio configurations to make in addition to setting my ESC to handle the 13x2 motor.

-Complaint- putting the motor in is a PITA!!!! I had such difficulty getting the motor screws into place. The angle with which to get the screws to line up was a real bear. I had to take off the top of the rear shock in order to reach the position correctly, and even then, it was tough. Im half tempted to just remove the front battery post closest to the motor to make install easier.

The track: http://www.amainraceway.com/
Blue Groove hard clay which favors the Losi Taper tires. (The person I bought the car from did a great job of setting it up for the track, but it didn't suit his driving style.) He doubled the f and r shock towers along with some other subtle mods.

Changes:
I adjusted the turn-buckles and camber to make sure everything was even and also make sure the turnbuckles all had the same adjustment (small line facing the same way). I was also told by a fellow racer, to move the shocks to the middle hole in the front and change the shock oil accordingly. (I didn't have time to change oil, but I did move the position to the middle).

Initial Configuration:
Using a 13x2 Reedy mod motor. Geared 20T pinion, stock Spur
Novak Atom ESC - basic setup, I think its set for a stock motor.
Novak XXL FM Receiver
SMC 2400s (its all I have in Saddle config. new batterys coming soon)
3PJS Futaba Radio
Hitec Digi Servo
One way installed. Ceramic diffs F & R

I replaced one of the models on my radio with the BJ4WE. I returned everything back to 0. Minimal adjustments to steering servo, (I only had to dial it to the L about 2 clicks.)

Test drive:
HOLY CRAP!!!!
-Great punch off the line, car felt very planted and stable.
-Steering was a bit twitchy, but I think that will change once i go through and play with radio settings.
-Suspension soaks up the jumps very will, but again, I'll need to adjust things a bit. Considering using Truck front springs rather than buggy.
-I haven't driven a 4wd for a while, so it will take a bit to ge familiar with the handling as well as jumping. (Im used to driving a 2wd buggy)
-seemed to "slap" a bit more to my liking. I might need to go to heavier oil, and also, again, more practice will help in how i land too.

(My previous experience was a XX4 several years ago on a bigger indoor track and same conditions. So I have some familiarity w/ elec. 4wd, but its been several years)

To give you a visual of the track. http://www.amainraceway.com/indoor.htm
(Track layout different from picture)

-Front straight into a slight right over 2 med. doubles 2 ft apart.
-Banked corner into a de-escalating quad (most fast guys can clear all 4)
-Quick 180 into a kicker which drops into another 180 with a med. outside berm, and a small inner berm.
-into 2 small doubles (just far enough apart that you can't clear them in a single jump)
-into a 90 degree uphill into a pair of doubles, designed to be rolled through, not jumped
-right 90 degree into a 6 ft mogul section of 4-6 moguls before a slight 45 back onto the front straight.

Damage:
When i got home i noticed that the front top plate was cracked at the center mount. The car did take a couple tumbles, but nothing severe enough to damage the arms, which the orig. owner said could be the weak-point. I'll chalk the damage up to a few hard landings.

Overall, I like this car. If not for the issue mounting the motor, I would be completely satisfied. With tuning and practice I can make this very competitive. 4wd mod is one of the biggest classes at my track. I also want to corner balance my car and see how the weight figures in.

MOmo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.