R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree38Likes

Old 11-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #991
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all

Just got a secondhand original BJ4 and it didnt come with a manual so does anyone have a link or a pdf they could send me?

Thanks
Tim
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #992
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I tried to find the manual for the BJ4 on their site, but it wasn't there however I did find the manual for the BJ4 W.E.

Also could any one of you guy's form JC make a list as to what tires will work with what track surface?

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #993
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon madness View Post
Also could any one of you guy's form JC make a list as to what tires will work with what track surface?

Here is the tires chart from the JConcepts Site:

http://www.jconcepts.net/index.php?/...tail_details/1
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #994
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle View Post
Andy,

We slipped to the second page... this can not happen guys.

So what new things are coming out this week?

I am hoping the tires come out soon... there are many fast guys out there looking to go faster on JC tires. I was at the Truck Nats and was able to try the Double Dees on my GT2 and they were hooked up. Just wish I could have done better.

Any new Illuzion bodies coming out?

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
KB, there are 3 releases in the works, 1 of which Im sure you'll LOVE. You'll have to talk to Jason about the tires. The target release date is still "before the Clash/mid-end Nov".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCristo View Post
Does anyone have a pic of the JConcepts Revo wing mount and wing?
There are some pics of it on the 0036 Revo Tango body on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
Hi all

Just got a secondhand original BJ4 and it didnt come with a manual so does anyone have a link or a pdf they could send me?

Thanks
Tim
PM "MustGoFaster", I believe he has a copy of the .pdf. I'll see what I can do to get it back on the site.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #995
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
KB, there are 3 releases in the works, 1 of which Im sure you'll LOVE. You'll have to talk to Jason about the tires. The target release date is still "before the Clash/mid-end Nov".
Thanks Andy, you have mail

Later
Kevin
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #996
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCristo View Post
Does anyone have a pic of the JConcepts Revo wing mount and wing?
http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=182

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=181

PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #997
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripthreat View Post
Here is the tires chart from the JConcepts Site:

http://www.jconcepts.net/index.php?/...tail_details/1
Cool, i looked everywhere for it on the site, but couldn't find it (maybe I didn't look hard enough).

thanks

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #998
Tech Adept

That is one evil looking Revo!!! Makes me almost want to mess with nitro again.
Lextek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #999
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

Will any of the rims fit the losi xxx cr????
If so you got a stock number?

Got to see the new rims in person today how sweet they are!
Xray T2 x2
--> B44<--- New Baby
srs64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #1000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lextek View Post
That is one evil looking Revo!!! Makes me almost want to mess with nitro again.
"almost"

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs64 View Post
Will any of the rims fit the losi xxx cr????
If so you got a stock number?

Got to see the new rims in person today how sweet they are!
The rears will fit. I honestly cant say if Losi front wheels are in the future though...
Old 11-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #1001
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

Sorta figured that lol

Wish there was, we got what was on the market so far coming to our LHS today,

The wife made a visit there today I told her the only thing santa needed to know was.....
1 letter and 2 numbers

B44
Xray T2 x2
--> B44<--- New Baby
srs64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:35 PM   #1002
Tech Fanatic

So I finished by BJ4 WE and raced it this weekend at LIR. Car was awesome--I used the Tebo Nationals setup. Great turn in. NO comparison compared to my XXX4!! One issue I noticed: At the end of the day (after 3 runs, 2 qualifying and the main--missed one quaify) the front shocks were still smooth and buttery but the rears felt terrible!! As if they were filled with sand. I rebuilt them tonite with new o-rings ( I build all associated shocks by taking some material off the length of the long spacer and from the OD of the long and short spacers--get good action and no leaks like that) and noticed they still aren't very smooth. I am starting to think a big part of it is the Unobtanium shock shafts. The Unobtanium shafts have a "matte" finish and seem to have "gritty" feeling action in the shock body. Another possible reason is the that the pistons are a tight fit in the bores and seem to be adding friction in the rear shocks. I never had any such problem with the ti-nitride (gold) shafts that are in my T4, those are over 6 months old with alot of run-time and are still smooth as heck. What are peoples thoughts? Do the unobtanium shafts add friction to the action? If so, I think is not cool in a $475 car--I am not blaming JConcepts as they sourced whatever Associated had available at the time (I know some of the early T4s and B4s used Unobtanium instead of gold shafts)-but I wonder if this is the reason that all modern T4s, B4s and the new B4 ALL use gold (ti-nitirde) shafts--which are visibly much smoother and glossier. I am thinking of getting some MIP gold shafts or Associated gold shafts to replace these things. Is it all in my head? Or are they actually not as smooth? Thoughts?
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #1003
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Re-build your shocks without removing any of the material from the spacers. You have introduced slop at the shock shaft and the shaft is not supported by the orings and plastic bushings. The shaft is using the metal of the shock body as a bushing surface. If removing material from these bushing's diameter had yeilded smooth shocks in the past I say you're lucky to not have had this problem yet.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #1004
Tech Fanatic

I think you are misunderstanding me. Its pretty standard fare to take a bit off of the OD (outside diameter) of the long and short spacers so they fit without binding into the cavity in the actual shock body. No slop was introduced from the shaft to the plastic spacers as I didn't enlarge the ID (inside diameter) where the shock shafts slides in. I only remove a tiny amount of plastic from the OD of the spacers when they fit too tightly in the recess in the body--which tends to squeeze the o-ring too much and adds to much friction. I shorten the actual length (top to bottom) of the long spacer simply because most of them are too long to fit in the cavity of the aluminum body without excessively "pinching" the o-rings--again adding friction. You can tell that you need to shorten the length of the long spacer when you disassemble the shock and the spacer looks "bowed" as if it was stepped on!! Again, this is pretty well known info. I do the same with my T4--no leaks, smooth action. If I was enlarging the ID of the plastic spacers--then I could see leaks and such, but since I am leaving the ID untouched leaks are a non issue. It is the stiction I am getting from these shafts that is bothering me. You can see just by running your finger and looking at them that they physically aren't as smooth as the gold (ti-nitride) shafts. Thanks for the reply--any body else notice any rough action from the Unobtanium shafts?
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #1005
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I see what you're saying and agree that adjusting the length of the spacer can allow the orings to be less tight but the spacer should fit tightly in the shock body. If you remove material from it so that it slips into place then the job of guiding the shock shaft falls more on the hole in the body and the piston. The slop is not at the shaft/spacer contact point but the spacer/body. I have rebuilt lots of AE shocks and I have never had to remove material from the OD on the long spacer. It should be snug in the body to guide the shock shaft accurately. I really think the problem you're having is more noticable in the rears because the longer stroke amplifies the issue. Give it a try, the parts are cheap so it's probably worth it to check.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote