R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree38Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2016, 03:17 PM   #9031
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 18
Default

Does anyone know what the new tire compounds R2, O2 & Y2 are comparable to (green, blue, black etc)?
Thanks
Thomas2225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:36 AM   #9032
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas2225 View Post
Does anyone know what the new tire compounds R2, O2 & Y2 are comparable to (green, blue, black etc)?
Thanks
Not really comparable at all. They are the new long-wear compounds developed for outdoor high-bite/hot conditions.
- R2 = med/soft
- O2 = med
- Y2 = med/hard

The new Dirt Maze tire is designed for outdoor, hard packed, grooved or sugared style tracks and that's why they are only available in those new compounds.

Quote:
anyone know when swaggers are gonna be shipping again? they seem to be on back order at my usual places
Checking on that now.

Quote:
curious on silver compounds for dirt webs. anyone have any experience with it at OCRC?
They work good, but not has good as Golds.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:03 AM   #9033
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,721
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Not really comparable at all. They are the new long-wear compounds developed for outdoor high-bite/hot conditions.
- R2 = med/soft
- O2 = med
- Y2 = med/hard

The new Dirt Maze tire is designed for outdoor, hard packed, grooved or sugared style tracks and that's why they are only available in those new compounds.



Checking on that now.


They work good, but not has good as Golds.

Any idea if these new tires and compounds will work on red clay treated with a dirt binder like dirtglue? PS, I'm really liking the detox tire, they are so good and versatile.
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:20 AM   #9034
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Any idea if these new tires and compounds will work on red clay treated with a dirt binder like dirtglue? PS, I'm really liking the detox tire, they are so good and versatile.
Yes, we have had great results on glued/red clay outdoor tracks with the new tire and compounds (R2). However, if the track is indoors/glued red clay, then gold compound might still be better.

What compound are you currently liking on that surface?
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:18 AM   #9035
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,721
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Yes, we have had great results on glued/red clay outdoor tracks with the new tire and compounds (R2). However, if the track is indoors/glued red clay, then gold compound might still be better.

What compound are you currently liking on that surface?
We mostly prefer AKA clay compound slicks with protek light or heavy traction compund, however slick can be a double edge sword, they are the fastest but if there is dust and you get off the racing line you may fined yourself doing donuts.
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #9036
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
We mostly prefer AKA clay compound slicks with protek light or heavy traction compund, however slick can be a double edge sword, they are the fastest but if there is dust and you get off the racing line you may fined yourself doing donuts.
I don't think this will be the tire or compound for your track. Worn gold Dirt Webs (if dusty) or Smoothies would be the JC tires for that surface.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:08 AM   #9037
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Harford Co. Maryland
Posts: 661
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

any word on the Swaggers? I killed my last pair and had to buy Shum. Cut Stagger Lows
__________________
Associated B6 x2
Associated B64D
Associated B64
Associated T5M
Scott R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:17 AM   #9038
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
any word on the Swaggers? I killed my last pair and had to buy Shum. Cut Stagger Lows
In packaging now and should be available starting tomorrow
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #9039
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 953
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

Hey Paul, are the space bars going to be available in other compounds, I.e. Black?
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:57 AM   #9040
Tech Fanatic
 
ironzgti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yardley, PA
Posts: 928
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

What is the deal with the Bullet wheels for the losi 22? Some descriptions say 10mm hex while others say 12mm. Did the part number stay the same with a running change or how would I know what to order?
__________________
HB Racing Proline Sweep Racing USA - PT RC Racing Oils
ironzgti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:29 AM   #9041
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Carey View Post
Hey Paul, are the space bars going to be available in other compounds, I.e. Black?
Gold for now and other compounds will follow soon, but not sure about black.

Quote:
What is the deal with the Bullet wheels for the losi 22? Some descriptions say 10mm hex while others say 12mm. Did the part number stay the same with a running change or how would I know what to order?
The Bullet wheels (60mm/2.4) are all 10mm hexes and no change has been made to them, nor description. However, the Mono wheels (2.2) have now been converted to 12mm hex and all of our stock is updated. Unfortunately we don't know what dist/dealers have in their current or old stock.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:03 AM   #9042
Tech Fanatic
 
ironzgti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yardley, PA
Posts: 928
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Paul
__________________
HB Racing Proline Sweep Racing USA - PT RC Racing Oils
ironzgti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:23 PM   #9043
Tech Apprentice
 
iDesign5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 77
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Truck Barcodes

Hey everyone not new to this thread as far as reading, just my first time posting.

Recently grabbed a set of Stadium Truck Barcodes. What is the difference in mounting, square Y out vs round Y out?
iDesign5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #9044
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,584
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Rears big Y out and fronts big Y out is the usual way... tones down the steering...
__________________
Kyle Predmore
FB AE Fanboy/Insta @ae_fanboy
Sticky Kicks RC\Prolevel RC\MIP\Schelle
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:08 AM   #9045
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDesign5 View Post
Hey everyone not new to this thread as far as reading, just my first time posting.

Recently grabbed a set of Stadium Truck Barcodes. What is the difference in mounting, square Y out vs round Y out?
The "Y" out is normally more side bite and the "U" out is less.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 12:04 PM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 09:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 10:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 04:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 07:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:31 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net