Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree38Likes

Old 05-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #8881
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztal3 View Post
i try find a jconcepts hauler bag in website but i cant find it ?
Unfortunately only the roller bag is in stock, but here is the link to all 3 racing bags:

Roller Bag

Large - 3 drawers

Small - 2 drawers

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:55 PM   #8882
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

PW- Are you making it out to Outback in July for the Jconcepts race? I need to plan on the old Schumacher reunion Dominic, Mo, Wittman and myself will be there. We can form Voltron if you come
Old 05-19-2016, 04:39 PM   #8883
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

PW,

I noticed that the Vintage RC10 Bellcrank doesn't list the bearing size.

If we need to replace the bearings, can we get the dimension? Also, I was able to get a group buy on the recently released 10T parts, and wanted to order the bellcranks set, but they were out, does JC plan to make more, or were the parts only a limited run?

Got the new 10T body and the towers, can wait to get my team colors thrown on and add a vintage ST to my arsenal.

MOmo
"Im not a racer, but I play one on the Internet"
MOmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:53 PM   #8884
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOmo View Post
PW,

If we need to replace the bearings, can we get the dimension? Also, I was able to get a group buy on the recently released 10T parts, and wanted to order the bellcranks set, but they were out, does JC plan to make more, or were the parts only a limited run?

Got the new 10T body and the towers, can wait to get my team colors thrown on and add a vintage ST to my arsenal.

MOmo
I'm positive the 10T bellcranks are vastly different than the 10 version.
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:49 PM   #8885
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
I'm positive the 10T bellcranks are vastly different than the 10 version.
Actually the T2 and GT steering shortened up to mimic the size/stroke/ackerman of the buggy. I use buggy steering in my 10T and love it (and T2).
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:30 AM   #8886
PW
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
PW- Are you making it out to Outback in July for the Jconcepts race? I need to plan on the old Schumacher reunion Dominic, Mo, Wittman and myself will be there. We can form Voltron if you come
Sorry, no Schuy reunion for me...LOL Jason will be going out this year.

Quote:

Bearings, 1/4 x 3/8 in, flanged - AE bearings

The JC bellcranks were a limited run.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:59 PM   #8887
Tech Adept

Does anybody know if the finished body for the dex210 v1 is the same height over the esc as standard? Really like the finisher body but it looks a little low at the side pods and I run a fan.

Thanks in advance.
Pistol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:27 PM   #8888
Tech Adept

Default JConcepts B5m worlds body

Just bought and painted a JC worlds body for my B5m and it doesn't fit over the slipper. I read on their website retrospectively, that this particular body is for a lay down style transmission. Has anyone modified this body to fit a standard 3 or 4 gear trans? If so, could you please post or PM me pictures? Thanks.
RookieRacer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:08 AM   #8889
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieRacer00 View Post
Just bought and painted a JC worlds body for my B5m and it doesn't fit over the slipper. I read on their website retrospectively, that this particular body is for a lay down style transmission. Has anyone modified this body to fit a standard 3 or 4 gear trans? If so, could you please post or PM me pictures? Thanks.
Bump
RookieRacer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:37 AM   #8890
PW
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieRacer00 View Post
I personally like the way Cav cut his, but you can see Spencer left a little more material. I attached one of mine and it's cut much like Cavs.

Attached Thumbnails
JConcepts Thread-gic_race.jpg  

Old 05-23-2016, 10:24 AM   #8891
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

question for you guys, the track i run at I am looking for some advice on JConcepts tires that could work. The common proline or aka tires for 1/8 can range from Calibers / City Blocks to something like a proline stunner / AKA Grid iron. In general, Compound usage for the taller tread types are M4s / Super Softs and smaller treads like an M3 / Soft. "Soft" in the taller treads have too much slip.

Any tips on what JConcepts tires to go with? I was thinking about trying that Metrix tire on sale on the JConcepts site but shipping is killer lol so may see what i can find local. That, more maybe some chasers.

As for 1/10, It looks like closet tire to an proline m4 caliber would be the Goosebump in Green compound?

Track is mostly AKA but I am liking what i have for Jconcepts stuff right now, so trying to get on point.

Also, how well do the stock foam inserts that come with the 1/10 goosebumps hold up? Track is very rough and loose, so figuring going with those.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #8892
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

just waiting for those 2.2 smoothies...................................
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #8893
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
question for you guys, the track i run at I am looking for some advice on JConcepts tires that could work. The common proline or aka tires for 1/8 can range from Calibers / City Blocks to something like a proline stunner / AKA Grid iron. In general, Compound usage for the taller tread types are M4s / Super Softs and smaller treads like an M3 / Soft. "Soft" in the taller treads have too much slip.

Any tips on what JConcepts tires to go with? I was thinking about trying that Metrix tire on sale on the JConcepts site but shipping is killer lol so may see what i can find local. That, more maybe some chasers.

As for 1/10, It looks like closet tire to an proline m4 caliber would be the Goosebump in Green compound?

Track is mostly AKA but I am liking what i have for Jconcepts stuff right now, so trying to get on point.

Also, how well do the stock foam inserts that come with the 1/10 goosebumps hold up? Track is very rough and loose, so figuring going with those.
For 8th scale, I run Reflex in 99.99999% of the tracks I go to. No matter what everyone else is on

I do practice alot with Remix (green compound) on my nitro car because they last a long time.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:03 PM   #8894
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

that remix looks like something that could be the ticket as when the 1/8's get to run, its pretty much dry by that point. Kind of reminds me at least from what I can tell from the pins like what I see on my SCT with the proline stunners, maybe taller pins?

I'll give these a look.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #8895
PW
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post

-I would suggest Subcultures in green (super soft) for a caliber/city block replacement.

-I would suggest Reflex, Triple D's, Lil' Chasers for small pin tires in green and blue.

-Goose Bumps and Flipouts would be a good 1/10th buggy tire in green compound if you are on Calibers. The stock insert is recommended for tracks that these particular tread patterns work.

Quote:
just waiting for those 2.2 smoothies..................................
Unfortunately it will be a long wait, maybe see something for next indoor season/winter .