Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

PW, let me ask you about the 2.4 vs 2.2 thing. I have noticed that Pro-line has pulled all their 2.4 products and are strictly going with 2.2, where JConcepts seems to be going the opposite direction. Why is the support for 2.2 from JConcepts going away? I know most people on the East coast prefer the 2.2s over the 2.4s. Why no new tires available in 2.2?
Old 03-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
PW, let me ask you about the 2.4 vs 2.2 thing. I have noticed that Pro-line has pulled all their 2.4 products and are strictly going with 2.2, where JConcepts seems to be going the opposite direction. Why is the support for 2.2 from JConcepts going away? I know most people on the East coast prefer the 2.2s over the 2.4s. Why no new tires available in 2.2?
I have been wondering the same thing. I would love to run smoothies but I can't afford to have them tear off the rim. I run 2.2 primes instead.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:11 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
I'm going to try and play nice on this one .

We are certainly not going in the opposite direction and the 2.2 support isn't going anywhere from JConcepts. We currently have one of the most successful 2.2 treaded tires in the industry that is constantly being used as the benchmark for many manufactures to compete with.

Against our better judgment, we decided to make the investment to give the racers exactly what they "thought" they needed when 2.4 was all the rage and the must have item. We produced several treads in 2.4 that work very well, but those same "gotta have" racers realized it wasn't the magic wand they were promised by X brand. So now racers are migrating back to 2.2 tires and it will take some time to retool and make the switch back to 2.2 on some of our newer tires.

From any form of racing, full scale auto, BMX, Motocross, go carts, to R/C racing; racers are only concerned with what they do and race and have a hard time seeing outside their racing class. The racer must realized these manufactures are producing racing products for countless different scales, classes, etc and there is only so much money and time in the day, month, and year. JConcepts is always striving to make the best r/c accessories possible, but it can't all be done at the snap of a finger.

Once the 2.4 stuff was finished, we decided it was time to revamp our entire 1/8th tire program and that has been another huge investment of time and money. It is really paying off now as we have had some incredible results, including TQ'ing and finishing 1st & 2nd in Pro Buggy at the 2016 Silver State Championships over the weekend.

All that being said, stay tuned for more innovating 1/10th scale tires and products in 2016
Old 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

For the summer the tracks here are more old school style dirt.

I am looking to run basically step pin style tires when its fluffy which at one track will be pretty much all the time. I picked up some Goose bumps and flipouts for wheeler and 1/10 2wd buggy.

I am curious, for these kind of conditions, should I just use the stock foams or is there benefit to using the molded inserts from Joncepts and if so, which ones?
Old 03-22-2016, 08:43 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
For the summer the tracks here are more old school style dirt.

I am looking to run basically step pin style tires when its fluffy which at one track will be pretty much all the time. I picked up some Goose bumps and flipouts for wheeler and 1/10 2wd buggy.

I am curious, for these kind of conditions, should I just use the stock foams or is there benefit to using the molded inserts from Joncepts and if so, which ones?
98% of the time I would say the stock inserts in those conditions. There are times when the track is hard and the fluff gets pushed out of the line, then the closed cell inserts can be a option even in pin style tires. Normally the inserts will give a little more forward bite and a little less side bite in those conditions.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:53 AM
Tech Legend

thanks!

I do have some other brand step pins I'll use too, depending on how the goosebumps go, may even try my hand at making some step-pin fronts. Looking forward to seeing on the goosebumps do!

Another question, what tire from the Jconcepts lineup would compare most to a proline blockade for 1/8 and SCT?
Old 03-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

[QUOTE=PW;14458977]

Once the 2.4 stuff was finished, we decided it was time to revamp our entire 1/8th tire program and that has been another huge investment of time and money
. It is really paying off now as we have had some incredible results, including TQ'ing and finishing 1st & 2nd in Pro Buggy at the 2016 Silver State Championships over the weekend.

All that being said, stay tuned for more innovating 1/10th scale tires and products in 2016 :sneaky

You have some awesome 1/8 scale treads and compounds, so keep it up, but don't forget about us who don't run loose and slick tracks outside the US. Also what did Maifield run in the final? Thanks
Old 03-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PW
I'm going to try and play nice on this one .

We are certainly not going in the opposite direction and the 2.2 support isn't going anywhere from JConcepts. We currently have one of the most successful 2.2 treaded tires in the industry that is constantly being used as the benchmark for many manufactures to compete with.

Against our better judgment, we decided to make the investment to give the racers exactly what they "thought" they needed when 2.4 was all the rage and the must have item. We produced several treads in 2.4 that work very well, but those same "gotta have" racers realized it wasn't the magic wand they were promised by X brand. So now racers are migrating back to 2.2 tires and it will take some time to retool and make the switch back to 2.2 on some of our newer tires.

From any form of racing, full scale auto, BMX, Motocross, go carts, to R/C racing; racers are only concerned with what they do and race and have a hard time seeing outside their racing class. The racer must realized these manufactures are producing racing products for countless different scales, classes, etc and there is only so much money and time in the day, month, and year. JConcepts is always striving to make the best r/c accessories possible, but it can't all be done at the snap of a finger.

Once the 2.4 stuff was finished, we decided it was time to revamp our entire 1/8th tire program and that has been another huge investment of time and money. It is really paying off now as we have had some incredible results, including TQ'ing and finishing 1st & 2nd in Pro Buggy at the 2016 Silver State Championships over the weekend.

All that being said, stay tuned for more innovating 1/10th scale tires and products in 2016
Well said Paul. I do agree that the Dirt Webs are the best treaded tires available. I do race other classes. All of them in fact and have been waiting for the outdoor season to start so I can test out some of the new 1/8th scale stuff that kind of slipped my mind when making that post.

In fact I am hoping to see some new 1/8th truck stuff soon to compliment the new 1/8th buggy stuff as well as the RC8T3.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Will you guys be doing the new style Ford Raptor as an SCT body? I personally don't like the looks of the HF2 and would love to see some new bodies for my SC5m
Old 03-23-2016, 06:24 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
You have some awesome 1/8 scale treads and compounds, so keep it up, but don't forget about us who don't run loose and slick tracks outside the US. Also what did Maifield run in the final? Thanks
Thank you and we have been working closely with Savoya for international style tracks. I think our new tread patterns have been great worldwide, we just needed the longer wearing rubber and we now have that. We are getting close to releasing the new compounds as well

Maifield used O2 (long wear med) Detox throughout qualifying and switched to R2 (long wear med/soft) Detox for the cooler temps in the main. Spencer TQ'd and finished 2nd on O2 Detox. Savoya used O2 Detox to make the main and Cole Ogden used O2 Diamond Bars to make the main. The JConcepts drivers also reran the same set of tires throughout 3 rounds of qualfying

Will you guys be doing the new style Ford Raptor as an SCT body? I personally don't like the looks of the HF2 and would love to see some new bodies for my SC5m
Not at the moment.

Another question, what tire from the Jconcepts lineup would compare most to a proline blockade for 1/8 and SCT?
I don't have any experience with those tires, but I would probably suggest Reflex or Diamond Bars for 1/8th. We have had amazing results with the Lil Chasers on SCT for 90% of the tracks. However, the 3D's would be our most durable tire for SCT.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:28 AM
Tech Legend

thanks for the info. I'll give those 1/8 tires a look as that is the area I am lacking for tread this year.

As for SCT bodies, which would you say gives the best low profile for a 4x4 SCTs? I currently use the titan but will probably need a new body here soon since it cracked more than the last titan did, so curious what else is out there.

Will be used for outdoor 1/8 style tracks and if it lasts, indoor carpet track too.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

any idea when the aluminum rear hubs or steering blocks for the b5m will be available.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:11 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
thanks for the info. I'll give those 1/8 tires a look as that is the area I am lacking for tread this year.

As for SCT bodies, which would you say gives the best low profile for a 4x4 SCTs? I currently use the titan but will probably need a new body here soon since it cracked more than the last titan did, so curious what else is out there.

Will be used for outdoor 1/8 style tracks and if it lasts, indoor carpet track too.
My favorite SCT body is still the original HF 0222, but I've had several racers tell me the 2012 F-250 Super Duty (#0243) is a great SCT 4x4 body (durability/performance). Regardless of which body, I would recommend a light layer of shoe-goo in the high stress areas when running on a SCT 4x4 . Just put some shoe-goo on the body in the high stress area and then spread thin/evenly with a wet finger. I do this on all of Ryan Maifield's nitro race bodies.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:12 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by walter white
any idea when the aluminum rear hubs or steering blocks for the b5m will be available.
They have been delayed for some reason, I'm guessing a late summer release.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tires

It looks like the hybrids and black jackets are being phased out in 1/8 buggy and truck. What are suitable replacements for the two? Are you keeping double dees for sct or will those move to triple dees? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.