Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 05:06 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable 4th of July weekend!

Old 07-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Paul, just saw the tire sticks, they look great. Any word on the Reflex tires shown in the product release?
Old 07-09-2015, 05:57 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
Paul, just saw the tire sticks, they look great. Any word on the Reflex tires shown in the product release?
Unfortunately I don't have an ETA yet, but it must be getting close.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I was wondering why the jconcepts 4mm serrated wheel nuts do not have the locking nylon in the middle?...I have purchased some and was curious about this...
Old 07-09-2015, 08:39 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skinned
I was wondering why the jconcepts 4mm serrated wheel nuts do not have the locking nylon in the middle?...I have purchased some and was curious about this...
Our serrated wheel nuts are actually machined from a high grade aluminum.

The ones with the nylon are molded/cast; which are not as strong and wear much faster. Once the nylon stretches/wears out, you now have half the thread engagement. There just is no need for the nylon now that we are using the serrations. The reason you see some with both, is they are just taking the cheaper molded/cast nuts and adding the serrations to the existing nut.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PW
Our serrated wheel nuts are actually machined from a high grade aluminum.

The ones with the nylon are molded/cast; which are not as strong and wear much faster. Once the nylon stretches/wears out, you now have half the thread engagement. There just is no need for the nylon now that we are using the serrations. The reason you see some with both, is they are just taking the cheaper molded/cast nuts and adding the serrations to the existing nut.
thanks for the answer/reply........they look "so cool" new...but as soon as you use them(as with all anodized metal) the blue comes right off which sucks....cause when im racing.... im trying to look good too
Old 07-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What is the softest Jconcepts tire?? Super soft?? Indoor super soft?? Mega soft??

I currently run AKA chainlink supersoft but don't care for the EVO style bead. I bought a set of Dirt Web indoor soft and I find the quality to be superior. They spin so true and smooth and straight and I prefer the 2.2 bead. No vibration at all. They just don't hook up. At all.

So which compound is softest or similar to or better than AKA supersoft??
Old 07-11-2015, 05:50 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Mega soft (black) is the softest of the JC compounds. The JC super soft (green) would be very similar to their super soft and the mega would be slightly softer.

The indoor soft (gold) is a completely different rubber and is comparable to "Clay" compound from the other brands.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Mega soft (black) is the softest of the JC compounds. The JC super soft (green) would be very similar to their super soft and the mega would be slightly softer.

The indoor soft (gold) is a completely different rubber and is comparable to "Clay" compound from the other brands.
Thanks so much!! Getting my order in for next weekend.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:20 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PW
I spoke with Team Associated and the truck is the same width as the SC10, which means you will still need the +3 Hazards to make it max width (ROAR).
Too bad, I've got some 0 offset wheels on the way meanwhile... Thanks for clarifying before I ordered even more of the wrong ones!

Originally Posted by PW
I personally think it will continue to be a tuning option unfortunately. Truthfully it's not an option that was really needed, but now its here along with the added cost and confusion .
In what conditions would you run the 2.4" wheels? I remember that Yokomo introduced the 2.2" wheels which eventually became today's standard when everyone else used 2.0" wheels, which were inferior on the bumpy tracks back then. Are 2.4"s similarly better on bumpy tracks? I'll drive a wheeler on the blown out dirt tracks in our region and stick to 2WD on astroturf. The reflex tires look promising, but I am not sure what to think of the closed cell inserts and the 2.4" wheels. So far, standard foams have been better on our rough dirt tracks than any of the molded inserts out there.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't understand why you would release a outdoor tire for low traction tracks on a 60mm wheel with the hardest insert I know of. I like the looks of the reflex tire, we will have to wait and see how it works.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:06 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mes
In what conditions would you run the 2.4" wheels? I remember that Yokomo introduced the 2.2" wheels which eventually became today's standard when everyone else used 2.0" wheels, which were inferior on the bumpy tracks back then. Are 2.4"s similarly better on bumpy tracks? I'll drive a wheeler on the blown out dirt tracks in our region and stick to 2WD on astroturf. The reflex tires look promising, but I am not sure what to think of the closed cell inserts and the 2.4" wheels. So far, standard foams have been better on our rough dirt tracks than any of the molded inserts out there.
I don't understand why you would release a outdoor tire for low traction tracks on a 60mm wheel with the hardest insert I know of. I like the looks of the reflex tire, we will have to wait and see how it works.
The Reflex isn't necessarily designed for "low traction"; it is designed to bridge the gap when you're between running a big pin tire (DD's, Flipouts, etc) and bar/web tires. The Reflex tires seem to really excel on hard packed surfaces that are not quite grooved yet or just starting to groove, but still dusty.

I've actually found that the 2.4" jumps/lands better and feels more stable. My lap times don't seem any better, but I like the comfort feel of them. This is with 2.4" Dirt Webs/cut rear insert, on an indoor orange clay grooved track.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:48 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Thank you, Paul!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have tried every combination of inserts tires and wheels you could imagine. Especially with Jcon tires, dirt webs, pressure points, whippits, rippts, diamond bars, bro codes, even electrons, ions and primes, ..........I cant even think of all of them. I am really liking the diamond bars, but they need some more testing, but I have not been able to beat Green/Green dirt webs on 2.4s with dirt tech inserts on hard packed clay, low dust and no groove. I am gonna start mixing up 2.2s and 2.4s front to rear to see how it affects the handling of the car.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

Any plans to make black wheels?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.