R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes

Old 01-05-2015, 12:09 AM   #8101
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Is this bag (jconcepts medium roller bag) photoshopped to appear larger? It states its 26" in length, which would make that girl about 4'5" in comparison to the bag. I had this bag in my amain shopping cart after seeing the picture, but didn't pull the trigger when I read it's only 26" long.
AZJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:30 AM   #8102
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJP View Post
Is this bag (jconcepts medium roller bag) photoshopped to appear larger? It states its 26" in length, which would make that girl about 4'5" in comparison to the bag. I had this bag in my amain shopping cart after seeing the picture, but didn't pull the trigger when I read it's only 26" long.
No; the background has been photoshopped out, but the bag, girl, etc are actual size. My guess is the bag looks larger because it's closest to the camera.

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:36 AM   #8103
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJP View Post

Hideeho
Comparing the girl to the truck, she probably is under 5' tall. The truck isn't jacked up, is not that large to begin with, & she is barely tall enough to look in the window.
Waflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:49 AM   #8104
Tech Regular

Default Bullet Wheels

Does anyone have any advice on gluing the 60mm wheels to the 2.4 tire?

I searched a few videos that make it look pretty easy... but man these are tough. With no outer edge to catch the glue... the glue has really no other place to get pushed to the face of the wheel, and with no bead on the tire to "snap" into the wheel, its extremely hard to keep the sidewall of the tire even all the way around as there is no outer lip on the wheel to locate it. I don't know, but these seem like a mess. Anyone have luck?
Old 01-05-2015, 06:59 AM   #8105
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

use less glue I like to use thinner glues and use less of it.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:05 AM   #8106
Tech Regular

Yeah I didn't use much, I guess it was less a problem than I made it sound, because I didn't really get any on the wheel face... but I found it extremely hard to get the side wall "true" all the way around with no real "bead" on the tire, or lip on the wheel, for it to catch and locate on.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:24 AM   #8107
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
Yeah I didn't use much, I guess it was less a problem than I made it sound, because I didn't really get any on the wheel face... but I found it extremely hard to get the side wall "true" all the way around with no real "bead" on the tire, or lip on the wheel, for it to catch and locate on.
we need a glue jig like the 8th scale guys have
Old 01-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #8108
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
Does anyone have any advice on gluing the 60mm wheels to the 2.4 tire?

I searched a few videos that make it look pretty easy... but man these are tough. With no outer edge to catch the glue... the glue has really no other place to get pushed to the face of the wheel, and with no bead on the tire to "snap" into the wheel, its extremely hard to keep the sidewall of the tire even all the way around as there is no outer lip on the wheel to locate it. I don't know, but these seem like a mess. Anyone have luck?
man up, put a band on the tire. get 'er done. Just keep checking those beads after the first couple of runs.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:38 AM   #8109
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
man up, put a band on the tire. get 'er done. Just keep checking those beads after the first couple of runs.
+1 on tire bands. the little glue straws are great to applying the glue right where you want it also.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:05 AM   #8110
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

I'm a huge fan of thin glue; especially when mounting 2.2, but I've found that med glue is the way to go on the 60mm tires.

After cleaning the tires and mounting them on the wheels, I make sure the inner bead of the tire is sitting flat/flush with the wheel bead all the way around. Using med glue with glue tip (glue tip is the key), I pull back the sidewall with my thumb in an angle so that the inner most part of the tire bead is still in contact with the wheel and apply a thin layer of glue about 3/4" at a time as I work around the tire. I put my JC rubberband on the tire and then quickly wipe away all the excessive glue that is pushed out of the bead. Sometimes I will use 2 bands on the rear tires to make sure the bead is completely flush.

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:41 AM   #8111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I love my JC roller bag. I am shocked at how much I could fit in it compared to my three drawer Mugen bag. I was conteplating going with a Ogio 9800 and this bag. I went with the JC for its a bit smaller taking up less room in the pits and car. I don't pack light and I can fit all my parts, oils/cleaners, tools, ps/charger, tire washer, car stands lots of tires and pit mat. If I slimmed up some of my containers I could fit my 2 1/10 buggies in there to, but I just throw them on the top against the handle when wheeling.

---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #8112
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

I can pack nearly everything I need to go racing anywhere with the JC bag and one 9800. They're built well, are lighter which allows you to pack in the gear. The 9800 is nearly 15 lbs to start off so a bit of a weight penalty when travelling.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,KoPropUSA,JConcepts,Avid RC,MIP,SikLidz,ImagineItGraphx, FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #8113
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
No; the background has been photoshopped out, but the bag, girl, etc are actual size. My guess is the bag looks larger because it's closest to the camera.
Does she come with the bag?

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #8114
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
PW, since we are on the subject of bags I would like to make a suggestion if you think it would be nice maybe run it by the team.

Has anyone ever looked into a modular style bag system? A few pieces that can be bought separately but have a way of attaching to other pieces. Like a roller that that a med or small bag can be secured to and a radio bag that can go on top of that.

Something like this to give you an idea.

I race buggy, stadium truck, 2 and 4 wheel SCT, have a plethora of tires for each model, plus all the stuff that goes along with them and I use an SCT back pack and a roller now, but I still need more room. I hate having to make multiple trips out to the truck when unloading.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #8115
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
PW, since we are on the subject of bags I would like to make a suggestion if you think it would be nice maybe run it by the team.

Has anyone ever looked into a modular style bag system? A few pieces that can be bought separately but have a way of attaching to other pieces. Like a roller that that a med or small bag can be secured to and a radio bag that can go on top of that.

Something like this to give you an idea.

I race buggy, stadium truck, 2 and 4 wheel SCT, have a plethora of tires for each model, plus all the stuff that goes along with them and I use an SCT back pack and a roller now, but I still need more room. I hate having to make multiple trips out to the truck when unloading.
Hideeho
That is an AWESOME idea! That's genius!
Maybe a base bag with a rigid frame that folds open with storage space for tools & oils, wheels & a long pull out handle. The expand with a line of semi rigid bags that attach to that on the outside or the top (& attach to the handle). You could have seperate bags for each type of car, each type of tire, setup board/station, charger/tx, lipos, etc. each person would buy the main wheeled bag & the supplemental bags for what ever clas they run. Then each race day you grab the main bag & bags for what ever clas you are running that day & attach it all together. One trip with 1 bag gets you everything.
Waflet is offline   Reply With Quote