Like Tree28Likes

Old 12-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #8026
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinb86 View Post
Paul,

What closed cell inserts are included with the stadium truck Dirt Webs? It doesn't specify on the description. I assume it's the standard blue ones. I normally run AKA foams but would really like to try the Dirt Tech. I just don't wanna end up ordering the Dirt Tech foams separately and end up with extras right now when money is tight during the holidays.

If they are not included do u have any plans to make it a upgrade option in the future? Would be really cool to be able to save some money and not waste inserts.

Thanks.
I would assume they would be standard cc foams. But I could be wrong!
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #8027
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to bdyche Send a message via AIM to bdyche Send a message via Yahoo to bdyche

Just ordered a couple of sets of Dirt Webs for stadium truck. Can't wait to try them out next weekend at Tacoma RC Raceway for the Northwest Indoor Series.
Attached Thumbnails
JConcepts Thread-dirtwebsorder.jpg   JConcepts Thread-fri-dycheact.jpg  
bdyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #8028
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Quote:
Paul,

What closed cell inserts are included with the stadium truck Dirt Webs? It doesn't specify on the description. I assume it's the standard blue ones. I normally run AKA foams but would really like to try the Dirt Tech. I just don't wanna end up ordering the Dirt Tech foams separately and end up with extras right now when money is tight during the holidays.

If they are not included do u have any plans to make it a upgrade option in the future? Would be really cool to be able to save some money and not waste inserts.

Thanks.
I like Dirt Tech foams better then AKA now. They take longer for them to break in so I give ample time. They seem to stay more consistent for me then AKA do. But if in a hurry I will use AKA.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:35 AM   #8029
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Paul,

Thanks.
The current batch of Truck Dirt Webs will come with the blue closed cell inserts. Once those sell out, we will make the switch to the Dirt Techs for future batches of Dirt Webs. The blue inserts for truck have been really good and are nothing like the old 2wd buggy blue inserts .

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:38 AM   #8030
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What inserts are included in the sct tires?
Micah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:03 AM   #8031
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah123 View Post
What inserts are included in the sct tires?
Currently blue closed cell. I will have to check if/when they will make a switch to the Dirt Techs.

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #8032
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to spamager

is there a good guide (loaded question) of which inserts to use? ie im sitting with new Gold, blue, green, red, orange tires im going to mount and have AKA reds(say soft), as well as Dirt tech greys(say med/firm) [arrgh unfortuantely the rears were backordered] so im trying to be logical about my pairing.

the Jconcept Red compound confuses me as "medium soft" yet #8 also - im thinking this is harder than all the rst i listed for tires, so do i want the firmer dirt tech inserts instead of the AKA soft?
Scalextric Digital Slot Track for when we can't get out!
RCHR.biz is my home Track - Waterbury CT - Mid October 2014 Entry to RC Offroad!
spamager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #8033
Tech Initiate

another couple Q - Whats the Scrubs equivalent in Jconcepts world.

#2 One RC'er mentioned to me that you should run all proline or all jconcepts on a specific vehicle.. that should have matched BRAND. it doesnt make much sense to me knowing you may have two different tire models on the car at a certain point. any logic to this?
RCHR.biz is my home Track - Waterbury CT - Mid October 2014 Entry to RC Offroad!
Old 12-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #8034
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamager View Post
is there a good guide (loaded question) of which inserts to use? ie im sitting with new Gold, blue, green, red, orange tires im going to mount and have AKA reds(say soft), as well as Dirt tech greys(say med/firm) [arrgh unfortuantely the rears were backordered] so im trying to be logical about my pairing.

the Jconcept Red compound confuses me as "medium soft" yet #8 also - im thinking this is harder than all the rst i listed for tires, so do i want the firmer dirt tech inserts instead of the AKA soft?
I like to think of inserts as tire pressures. Stiffer=more pressure, softer=less pressure. It is a matter of preference and conditions. I can't tell you what you would like or what would work at your track. I can tell you what I like at my track. I had to try all brands of foam until I found what I like. In the rear I like Sweeps orange for a dry track and JConcepts gray when the track is moist to wet. Some guys at my local track love the open cell foams. I hate them. Fronts I use AKA reds all the time. I do still have to try the JCon grays inserts in the front. This is all on 2.2 rims on my B4. Cant try the 60MM wheels because I don't have hexes, and I have too many pin rims to make the conversion. I am hoarding all of the JCon Rulux wheels. Just got a set for my T4.1.
Quote:
another couple Q - Whats the Scrubs equivalent in Jconcepts world.

#2 One RC'er mentioned to me that you should run all proline or all jconcepts on a specific vehicle.. that should have matched BRAND. it doesn't make much sense to me knowing you may have two different tire models on the car at a certain point. any logic to this?
You don't have to match tire brands, You use what works. Of course unless you are sponsored by that manufacturer. Sometimes I run Ions in the front depending on track conditions, because that is what the conditions call for. I even have a set of 4WD Ions mounted on 2WD just to help with tuning the steering. Although I must say I have not found a rear tire that works like the Pressure Points for me.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #8035
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:

Return the reds, oranges and golds unless you plan on traveling out west or down south. There is not one track in the Northeast where those compounds are suitable or useable. Some NJ, NY and PA tracks are clay where Golds are the ticket however.

If you are racing at RCHR you can't go wrong with green compound bar codes V1 with AKA or JC Dirt Tech inserts.

All of the tracks in the Northeast run greens or blues (some like blacks but they are rare).

Tell John that JLopes says "hi" and plans to stop by soon.
Jeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #8036
Tech Initiate

1/4 mile & Jeel - thanks for the info!

I did some more studying after posting that and its all starting to make some sense. I grabbed the golds for the Track I frequent when travelling to Mass (RC Excitement Fitchburg Mass) where they have hard packed clay indoor. ive used the green or blue dirt web/bar codes there before as well but wanted to see the feel. and after a bunch of reading i mounted the gold bar codes F/R up all with open cell - the fronts cut down from the rear.

@ RCHR this morning/afternoon before the races just started (3PM EST) I was double dutying tuning my boys B5 I just built up from a roller and having some fun with the new track layout that just opened today - what a blast. Given the first running of the track it would get a little loamy and i had decided to run splitters (blue) on my rears with the more aggresive Scrubs(M3) on the front - arrows forward. I was really liking this combination and the splitters were a thing of beauty. didnt have time but wanted to flip the scrubs the other way to see if it would take a little edge off. with the new track layout it has lots of turns , off camber turns etc so really want that steering at 1/4-1/3 speed or entering the corner from the fast straight.

The boys buggy i was tuning i dressed with Red Dirt Webs all around, and they were AKA red inserts. i was digging harder Reds on the rear w CC, though the front was pushing. still some tuning to be done so could have been the more forward battery position not giving me weight xfer to the wheels on entering..or a combination.

I really like the Jconcept lineup and just grabbed 3 rear grey inserts to put in the green, orange and blue bar codes. Need to see what fronts are equivalent to the scrubs.

May be possible that ribbed would have been the right choice for fronts today as well.

thanks again for the input guys - jim Jlopes look forward to meeting you one of these times.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #8037
Tech Initiate

Another Question -

I saw it mentioned somewhere.. maybe by PW that barcodes had two mounting options - Y side out more side bite/aggresive, U side out less.

Does that apply to v2, because i dont see the different on the side bars..
Old 12-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #8038
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Quote:
Another Question -

I saw it mentioned somewhere.. maybe by PW that barcodes had two mounting options - Y side out more side bite/aggresive, U side out less.

Does that apply to v2, because i dont see the different on the side bars..
The Y option only applies to the Stadium Truck Barcodes. Upper case, sharp angled "Y" outboard is more agressive; usually mounted "Y" outboard in the rear. The "u" shaped smaller y can be mounted outboard for smoother traction; usually mounted outboard in the front for linear steering.

For 1/10 buggy, Barcodes/Brocodes use the rounded "u" shaped y and are smoother.

The V2 Barcodes for 1/10 buggy utilize the large, angular uppercase "Y" and is best suited when you need the rear of the car to break away more aggressively. Typically best for very high traction conditions.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #8039
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
The Y option only applies to the Stadium Truck Barcodes. Upper case, sharp angled "Y" outboard is more agressive; usually mounted "Y" outboard in the rear. The "u" shaped smaller y can be mounted outboard for smoother traction; usually mounted outboard in the front for linear steering.

For 1/10 buggy, Barcodes/Brocodes use the rounded "u" shaped y and are smoother.

The V2 Barcodes for 1/10 buggy utilize the large, angular uppercase "Y" and is best suited when you need the rear of the car to break away more aggressively. Typically best for very high traction conditions.
thanks mblgjr
Old 12-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #8040
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
I've been just recycling my inserts so that they are broke-in; they seem to last a really long time (3+ months).

November through December; it's a very long process for the team manager.

Thanks for the very fast reply! The longer it takes to hear back the better right?
bounced is offline   Reply With Quote