Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by PW
Sorry for the delayed postings, but just returned from the off-road Nats.

The Dirt Web truck tires are still a little ways out as the Nationals were the first time we ever ran them (practice or race). They performed very well with a TQ and 2nd place finish on RC's truck and 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th, and 9th.

I would think the silver might give you that little bit extra, but tire wear will be a little higher. I will check on the fronts, and if available, I will have the website updated.

Yes; in the works.

The Metrix were designed for bigger westcoast style outdoor tracks that groove up, but are rough/broken up. The tire has great forward traction, but reduced side-bite to reduce traction rolling in high-speed rough and bumpy sections.

Ok thanks . The outdoor tracks in the NE/ two in the SE are hard packed and dry with mixed loose dirt that doesn't really grove up you just run on the lines with the minimum loose dirt clean lines but never puts rubber down .

It looks like that tire wouldn't work good than .
Old 08-26-2014, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

How well does the JConcepts glue work on JConcepts tires? I know that sounds like a silly question, but I always have issues gluing JConcepts tires. I'm a fan of AKA glue and that glue works like magic on Hot Bodies, Pro-Line & AKA tires. But for some odd reason AKA glue struggles to bond to any JConcept tires I try. I prep both the tires and wheels by cleaning them with denatured alcohol and still no luck. I have a set of Dirt Webs coming this week for my 2wd SC and I want to make sure I get them glued up well. I'm prepared to buy some new glue, but I'm looking for glue recommendations based on experience on which glue works best on JConcepts tires.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/sg_...ofessional.htm

gga, on everything.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=PW;13492629]
I would think the silver might give you that little bit extra, but tire wear will be a little higher. I will check on the fronts, and if available, I will have the website updated.

Originally Posted by PW
Silver Dirt Web fronts are on the site - http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/dirt-w...wd-front-wheel
Thanks for the insight and checking on the fronts. I will probably try them and take note on how they wear vs golds.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:45 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wease
How well does the JConcepts glue work on JConcepts tires? I know that sounds like a silly question, but I always have issues gluing JConcepts tires. I'm a fan of AKA glue and that glue works like magic on Hot Bodies, Pro-Line & AKA tires. But for some odd reason AKA glue struggles to bond to any JConcept tires I try. I prep both the tires and wheels by cleaning them with denatured alcohol and still no luck. I have a set of Dirt Webs coming this week for my 2wd SC and I want to make sure I get them glued up well. I'm prepared to buy some new glue, but I'm looking for glue recommendations based on experience on which glue works best on JConcepts tires.
The JConcepts glue works really well, as does AKA and Losi. The key is freshness; glue has a self life and last longer when stored in a cool, dry area. I would also recommend using straight Simple Green as your cleaner/prep. Clean the tire, let dry, and glue .
Old 08-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Any of the small carrier bags lying around anywhere? I'm looking for one to carry my 2wd and 4wd buggies in. I've go the Medium bag already loaded with parts, tires, etc. Just looking for the smaller 2 shelf bag.

Thanks,
Old 08-27-2014, 01:13 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SRC_DRIVER
Any of the small carrier bags lying around anywhere? I'm looking for one to carry my 2wd and 4wd buggies in. I've go the Medium bag already loaded with parts, tires, etc. Just looking for the smaller 2 shelf bag.

Thanks,
Unfortunately no; they are scheduled for the end of next month.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The absolute best pre-prep for gluing tires is good ole Palmolive or Dawn. The blue or green stuff. NOTHING removes oils and residues as well, outside of degreaser. I've found Simplegreen leaves a slight film so don't use it. Just palmolive and a tooth brush to scrub and then rinse and let air dry.

Be sure your tires are properly aligned because when you apply glue and press the tire down, it begins to stick almost immediately.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

PW any eta for B5 rear motor finnisher body.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:25 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BRSracing
PW any eta for B5 rear motor finnisher body.
Not yet; have a few other projects ahead of it.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Labor Day Sale happening?
Old 08-28-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are the dirt webs for 1/8 buggy still being made?
Old 08-29-2014, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

PW-

Did you ever get a picture of the MM Silencer for the 22 in rear motor configuration? I have one ready for mine I just am not sure where I want to cut it yet; I only have one chance!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:03 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AaronR
Labor Day Sale happening?
They normally do; I would keep a look out for something today.

Are the dirt webs for 1/8 buggy still being made?
That's the plan

Did you ever get a picture of the MM Silencer for the 22 in rear motor configuration? I have one ready for mine I just am not sure where I want to cut it yet; I only have one chance!
Here is a Finnisher I bumped into via a google search. Keep in mind you will have some big gaps between the chassis and body. I haven't come across the photos of the Silencer on rear motor; I will try again.

Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-tlr_finnisher.jpg  
Old 08-29-2014, 06:26 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alqwad
PW-

Our team driver JR Mitch sent me a pic. This is one of his good friends that runs the stock class here in FL.
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-silencer_22_rm.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.