R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #7411
Tech Addict
 
mschumi101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago-land/U of Wisconsin-Madison
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101
Default

I ordered some clamping hexes for my B44.2 buggy from Tower Hobbies, and one of them was defective. Out of the bag It was drilled too large so the screw didn't thread at all, and doesn't clamp. Should I contact JC directly for a replacement or go through the distributer, Tower?
__________________
Associated B5M Reedy 7.5 | Xray T4 ORCA 17.5
Orange Powered!
Previous: B44.2 | TC5R | TC5 | B4.2 | B44 | Slash | E4RS | TA05R | TT01
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #7412
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,378
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumi101 View Post
I ordered some clamping hexes for my B44.2 buggy from Tower Hobbies, and one of them was defective. Out of the bag It was drilled too large so the screw didn't thread at all, and doesn't clamp. Should I contact JC directly for a replacement or go through the distributer, Tower?
You can contact us directly with a description of the problem and all your info - info@jconcepts.net
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #7413
Tech Addict
 
mschumi101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago-land/U of Wisconsin-Madison
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
You can contact us directly with a description of the problem and all your info - info@jconcepts.net
Thanks, will do.
__________________
Associated B5M Reedy 7.5 | Xray T4 ORCA 17.5
Orange Powered!
Previous: B44.2 | TC5R | TC5 | B4.2 | B44 | Slash | E4RS | TA05R | TT01
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #7414
Tech Adept
 
mick33b4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
Posts: 111
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
You can contact us directly with a description of the problem and all your info - info@jconcepts.net
I had the same issue with new B4.1 front hexes. Same vendor. I put a message in through the jconcepts website but have not recieved a response. I will send a message to the 'info' address.
__________________
Support MI Off-Road Tracks: AMS:RC Clubhouse:Larry's:Dirtburners
mick33b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #7415
Tech Regular
 
namewasdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 299
Default

Just ordered the Monore carbon fiber battery strap for the 22sct hopefully this ends my issues with the battery and foam blocks coming out of the truck. I've been running the blue barcodes and love them. But looking at your website I was a little confused as the different compounds go by how hot it is? if I understood correctly?

I'm running a indoor clay track in Upstate NY and its not heated and the indoor temp is in the 40's right now. So are the blue barcodes good for that.
namewasdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:47 AM   #7416
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,378
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by namewasdallas View Post
Just ordered the Monore carbon fiber battery strap for the 22sct hopefully this ends my issues with the battery and foam blocks coming out of the truck. I've been running the blue barcodes and love them. But looking at your website I was a little confused as the different compounds go by how hot it is? if I understood correctly?

I'm running a indoor clay track in Upstate NY and its not heated and the indoor temp is in the 40's right now. So are the blue barcodes good for that.
Normally when it gets cold, we tend to drop down to a softer compound to compensate (rubber hardens in colder temps), but its all traction dependent. If the track is cold, but still produces great traction, then stick with the Blue.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:59 AM   #7417
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hey PW, got the punisher all painted and cut. Love this body dude. I need white rims.lol
Attached Thumbnails
JConcepts Thread-image.jpg  
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #7418
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Woodbridge, Va
Posts: 143
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Hey PW, got the punisher all painted and cut. Love this body dude. I need white rims.lol
Very Nice! My sentiments exactly about the Jconcept entire Line of Punisher Bodies... They always seem to make the car a bit more stable, predictable and Fly nicely... Of course they look great as well!!!
__________________
Robert (Bobby) Stroud

Sponsors: Serpent, JCONCEPTS, PT RC Racing oils.
offroadlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #7419
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Thanks buddy. Yeah, i got them for all 3 of my cars. Love the tires as well.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #7420
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,498
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default tires punching

I have decide this year too use 4 small holes in my tires to vent them instead of just the two holes. i also have place my hole on the inside of the tire. so my hole location are inside on 3 set of tires at 3 , 6, 9, and 12 if your looking at a clock. Im nut sure if this is a good thing or bad i have herd of this before but forgot where. i am mainly hopping this will help keep the dirts out of the tires just a little more before. i seem to have to open up the same set of tires like 3 times a year before they even get worn out to get the dirt out of them from the tracks, has anybody done this yet. pro and cons maybe or just some input if it good or a bad idea lol.
__________________
Team Argus
Team Rw- Mods |www.rw-Rw mods.com|
Hotbodies D8T Argus .23 | tb - 1 pipe|
Hotbodies D812
Hotbodies ve8 Tekin 2050
imrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #7421
Tech Elite
 
T. Herwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 2,373
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Hey PW, got the punisher all painted and cut. Love this body dude. I need white rims.lol
Nice, love this body too.
__________________
Tyler Herwig
Tekno RC teknorc.com ∙ JConcepts jconcepts.net ∙ Spider Hobbies spiderhobbies.com ∙ SMC smc-racing.net ∙ Upgrade RC upgrade-rc.com ∙ Kustom RC Graphics kustomrcgraphics.com
T. Herwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #7422
Tech Regular
 
zachattak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Townsville, Nth Qld
Posts: 272
Default

Got a question. Where would you use 7's for in 1/8th buggy? Im thinking hard packed light dust, maybe if its blown out to knock the edge off?

Thanks!
__________________
DRIVE HARD, RACE HARDER....
zachattak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:42 AM   #7423
Tech Adept
 
CENTRAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Will the Double Dees (green) be a good choice for a 4WD 1/10 Buggy on loose – dry soil?

Thanx!
CENTRAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:58 AM   #7424
Tech Master
 
Captcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ocala, fl
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imrob View Post
I have decide this year too use 4 small holes in my tires to vent them instead of just the two holes. i also have place my hole on the inside of the tire. so my hole location are inside on 3 set of tires at 3 , 6, 9, and 12 if your looking at a clock. Im nut sure if this is a good thing or bad i have herd of this before but forgot where. i am mainly hopping this will help keep the dirts out of the tires just a little more before. i seem to have to open up the same set of tires like 3 times a year before they even get worn out to get the dirt out of them from the tracks, has anybody done this yet. pro and cons maybe or just some input if it good or a bad idea lol.
When you say four holes on the inside of the tire, are you meaning the sidewall itself? I personally think 4 holes is overkill, and if you do mean the sidewall, then the sidewall would be significantally softer. I normally race at a track that requires slicks and sauce, and we do 2 holes inner sidewall because it prevents the sauce from getting onto foam and deteorating it quicker, but I also run JC rims which have 2 holes pre drilled.

I hope this helps.

As for the green double dees, how much dust does the track get usually, or loose dirt? Does it have a groove under that layer?
__________________
Brandon Ryan
Public Relations, and Hype-Man
301 Raceway & Hobby
3404 NE 37 PL.
Wildwood, FL 34785
Captcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:04 AM   #7425
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,378
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Hey PW, got the punisher all painted and cut. Love this body dude. I need white rims.lol
Looks awesome Jason and white wheels will look sweet!

Quote:
I have decide this year too use 4 small holes in my tires to vent them instead of just the two holes. i also have place my hole on the inside of the tire. so my hole location are inside on 3 set of tires at 3 , 6, 9, and 12 if your looking at a clock. Im nut sure if this is a good thing or bad i have herd of this before but forgot where. i am mainly hopping this will help keep the dirts out of the tires just a little more before. i seem to have to open up the same set of tires like 3 times a year before they even get worn out to get the dirt out of them from the tracks, has anybody done this yet. pro and cons maybe or just some input if it good or a bad idea lol.
Unfortunately we only get 2 or 3 runs out of a set of tires in FL, so I will have to leave that for someone else to answer .

Quote:
Got a question. Where would you use 7's for in 1/8th buggy? Im thinking hard packed light dust, maybe if its blown out to knock the edge off?
You got it . Hardpack grooved surfaces and they are good in the bumps or square edges.

Quote:
Will the Double Dees (green) be a good choice for a 4WD 1/10 Buggy on loose dry soil?
That's where I would start.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 11:04 AM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 08:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 09:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 03:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 06:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:19 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net