R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes

Old 03-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #7411
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101

I ordered some clamping hexes for my B44.2 buggy from Tower Hobbies, and one of them was defective. Out of the bag It was drilled too large so the screw didn't thread at all, and doesn't clamp. Should I contact JC directly for a replacement or go through the distributer, Tower?
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #7412
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumi101 View Post
I ordered some clamping hexes for my B44.2 buggy from Tower Hobbies, and one of them was defective. Out of the bag It was drilled too large so the screw didn't thread at all, and doesn't clamp. Should I contact JC directly for a replacement or go through the distributer, Tower?
You can contact us directly with a description of the problem and all your info - info@jconcepts.net

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #7413
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
You can contact us directly with a description of the problem and all your info - info@jconcepts.net
Thanks, will do.
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #7414
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
I had the same issue with new B4.1 front hexes. Same vendor. I put a message in through the jconcepts website but have not recieved a response. I will send a message to the 'info' address.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #7415
Tech Regular

Just ordered the Monore carbon fiber battery strap for the 22sct hopefully this ends my issues with the battery and foam blocks coming out of the truck. I've been running the blue barcodes and love them. But looking at your website I was a little confused as the different compounds go by how hot it is? if I understood correctly?

I'm running a indoor clay track in Upstate NY and its not heated and the indoor temp is in the 40's right now. So are the blue barcodes good for that.
namewasdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:47 AM   #7416
PW
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by namewasdallas View Post
Just ordered the Monore carbon fiber battery strap for the 22sct hopefully this ends my issues with the battery and foam blocks coming out of the truck. I've been running the blue barcodes and love them. But looking at your website I was a little confused as the different compounds go by how hot it is? if I understood correctly?

I'm running a indoor clay track in Upstate NY and its not heated and the indoor temp is in the 40's right now. So are the blue barcodes good for that.
Normally when it gets cold, we tend to drop down to a softer compound to compensate (rubber hardens in colder temps), but its all traction dependent. If the track is cold, but still produces great traction, then stick with the Blue.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:59 AM   #7417
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey PW, got the punisher all painted and cut. Love this body dude. I need white rims.lol
Attached Thumbnails
JConcepts Thread-image.jpg  
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #7418
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Hey PW, got the punisher all painted and cut. Love this body dude. I need white rims.lol
Very Nice! My sentiments exactly about the Jconcept entire Line of Punisher Bodies... They always seem to make the car a bit more stable, predictable and Fly nicely... Of course they look great as well!!!

Sponsors: Serpent, JCONCEPTS, PT RC Racing oils.
offroadlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #7419
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks buddy. Yeah, i got them for all 3 of my cars. Love the tires as well.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #7420
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default tires punching

I have decide this year too use 4 small holes in my tires to vent them instead of just the two holes. i also have place my hole on the inside of the tire. so my hole location are inside on 3 set of tires at 3 , 6, 9, and 12 if your looking at a clock. Im nut sure if this is a good thing or bad i have herd of this before but forgot where. i am mainly hopping this will help keep the dirts out of the tires just a little more before. i seem to have to open up the same set of tires like 3 times a year before they even get worn out to get the dirt out of them from the tracks, has anybody done this yet. pro and cons maybe or just some input if it good or a bad idea lol.
Hotbodies D812
Hotbodies ve8 Tekin 2050
imrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #7421
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
Nice, love this body too.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #7422
Tech Regular

Got a question. Where would you use 7's for in 1/8th buggy? Im thinking hard packed light dust, maybe if its blown out to knock the edge off?

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:42 AM   #7423
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will the Double Dees (green) be a good choice for a 4WD 1/10 Buggy on loose – dry soil?

Thanx!
CENTRAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:58 AM   #7424
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imrob View Post
I have decide this year too use 4 small holes in my tires to vent them instead of just the two holes. i also have place my hole on the inside of the tire. so my hole location are inside on 3 set of tires at 3 , 6, 9, and 12 if your looking at a clock. Im nut sure if this is a good thing or bad i have herd of this before but forgot where. i am mainly hopping this will help keep the dirts out of the tires just a little more before. i seem to have to open up the same set of tires like 3 times a year before they even get worn out to get the dirt out of them from the tracks, has anybody done this yet. pro and cons maybe or just some input if it good or a bad idea lol.
When you say four holes on the inside of the tire, are you meaning the sidewall itself? I personally think 4 holes is overkill, and if you do mean the sidewall, then the sidewall would be significantally softer. I normally race at a track that requires slicks and sauce, and we do 2 holes inner sidewall because it prevents the sauce from getting onto foam and deteorating it quicker, but I also run JC rims which have 2 holes pre drilled.

I hope this helps.

As for the green double dees, how much dust does the track get usually, or loose dirt? Does it have a groove under that layer?
3404 NE 37 PL.
Wildwood, FL 34785
Captcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:04 AM   #7425
PW
Tech Elite

Quote:
Looks awesome Jason and white wheels will look sweet!

Quote:
Unfortunately we only get 2 or 3 runs out of a set of tires in FL, so I will have to leave that for someone else to answer .

Quote:
Got a question. Where would you use 7's for in 1/8th buggy? Im thinking hard packed light dust, maybe if its blown out to knock the edge off?
You got it . Hardpack grooved surfaces and they are good in the bumps or square edges.

Quote:
Will the Double Dees (green) be a good choice for a 4WD 1/10 Buggy on loose dry soil?
That's where I would start.