R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #7351
Tech Elite
 
rider313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 4,431
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Call JC direct to get your dirt web tires. A lot of times they have tires in house weeks before any distributers or online shops.
__________________
Dan Williams
MNRC Chairman
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #7352
Tech Master
 
Tradin Paint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,301
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
Call JC direct to get your dirt web tires. A lot of times they have tires in house weeks before any distributers or online shops.
Pick up a phone, what a concept! People would rather sit on these forums and bitch. If they spent half of that time looking online and locally for tires they might find them.
__________________
Happy with: Team Associated, Team Tekin, Airtronics, Avid, JConcepts, Fantom motors and Aero Model batteries.
Proud Supporter of Warehouse 3 RC Hobby Shop, that just happens to have an indoor track
"Because Size Does Matter"
Ryan H.
Tradin Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #7353
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 319
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsdriver View Post
Lol, sweet, our Dirt Web problems are solved:

http://www.liverc.com/news/new_produ...10_buggy_tire/
Looks too much like the Dirt Webs! Knock off!!
__________________
Would like to thank my sponsor "Walmart".
JasonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #7354
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 862
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsdriver View Post
Lol, sweet, our Dirt Web problems are solved:

http://www.liverc.com/news/new_produ...10_buggy_tire/
Wow, that's seriously lame. I saw the fake Barcodes a few weeks ago too.

wtf
ntJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #7355
Tech Regular
 
zachattak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Townsville, Nth Qld
Posts: 272
Default

Hey guys!
Want to get opinions on what 1/8 buggy tyre to run this weekend. Track is a bit loamy, but the proper line is much better. Also tracks kind of rough in spots, with not a great deal of grip usually. Also, would you go for a flatter, softer foam like the closed cell yellow foams, or the std blue foams wgich are obviously a bit higher and narrower?

TIA!
__________________
DRIVE HARD, RACE HARDER....
zachattak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #7356
Tech Master
 
Captcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ocala, fl
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Zachattack: I would also post your question in the JConcepts thread in the Nitro Off Road section, might get a quicker response for a 1/8 tire
__________________
Brandon Ryan
Public Relations, and Hype-Man
301 Raceway & Hobby
3404 NE 37 PL.
Wildwood, FL 34785
Captcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:42 AM   #7357
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,378
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaari77 View Post
Is there a timeframe for the Serpent Spyder body yet?
Working on it now; so production at the end of the month.

Quote:
I'm looking to buy the SC inserts that come with Barcodes gold. All I can find are these and they say firm. http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=468

Does JC sell a medium or soft CC insert?
That insert is the same one that comes in the tires. They use to be firm and there was a running change; website needs to be updated.

Quote:
So whats the on drawing board for hop ups for the B5's? In order of importance

I second this motion
That's not info we divulge, but we are looking/working on some things now. This car is very young and we would like to get some time on them to see whats needed.

Quote:
Hey guys!
Want to get opinions on what 1/8 buggy tyre to run this weekend. Track is a bit loamy, but the proper line is much better. Also tracks kind of rough in spots, with not a great deal of grip usually. Also, would you go for a flatter, softer foam like the closed cell yellow foams, or the std blue foams wgich are obviously a bit higher and narrower?
Do you have any links/pics of the track? Sounds like you could go with the Hybrids (stock insert) if you are mostly on the racing line, but if the whole track lane is being used, maybe the 3D's would be a nice universal tire.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #7358
Tech Regular
 
zachattak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Townsville, Nth Qld
Posts: 272
Default

Thanks! Il head over and see how i go.
As for the track, heres a quick pic
Attached Thumbnails
JConcepts Thread-neo-townsville-cup-flyer-2013-web-.jpg  
__________________
DRIVE HARD, RACE HARDER....
zachattak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #7359
Tech Apprentice
 
Tom-sct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Middletown,CT.
Posts: 88
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Standard white inserts

Hello guys.
So I got some green Barcodes for my buggy.
I mounted them up front and rear. I notice that the tires 'pack in'
What I mean by this is the foam becomes very soft and you can squeeze the
tyre all the way to the rim with no effort. In a short amount of time.
The guys at the track told me this was a big part of my steering issues. (car didn't turn).
So after buying another set of tyres and AKA red inserts it has gotten better.
BTW I race indoors clay, damp, hard pack.
So my question is what are the standard white inserts used for, track condition wise? Outdoors?

Thanks.
Tom
__________________
Losi TLR 22-4 , Losi 22 2.0 Buggy , Losi Ten SCTE 1.5 , Losi 8ight E 2.0
Tom-sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #7360
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,712
Trader Rating: 119 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-sct View Post
Hello guys.
So I got some green Barcodes for my buggy.
I mounted them up front and rear. I notice that the tires 'pack in'
What I mean by this is the foam becomes very soft and you can squeeze the
tyre all the way to the rim with no effort. In a short amount of time.
The guys at the track told me this was a big part of my steering issues. (car didn't turn).
So after buying another set of tyres and AKA red inserts it has gotten better.
BTW I race indoors clay, damp, hard pack.
So my question is what are the standard white inserts used for, track condition wise? Outdoors?

Thanks.
Tom
Tom, I see in your sig you run 2wd and 4wd buggy. Not sure which vehicle you are referring to here with this issue (maybe both) but here is what I do as well as about everyone and my track and most all over. For 2wd front, the front foam is too small. You need to use the open cell foam out of the rear tires and cut about 1/4 off of it. It will seem like it doesn't want to fit but you just have to work it in there. It will go.
As far as 4wd fronts, they really need closed cell foams
skoalisbad4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #7361
Tech Apprentice
 
Tom-sct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Middletown,CT.
Posts: 88
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me View Post
Tom, I see in your sig you run 2wd and 4wd buggy. Not sure which vehicle you are referring to here with this issue (maybe both) but here is what I do as well as about everyone and my track and most all over. For 2wd front, the front foam is too small. You need to use the open cell foam out of the rear tires and cut about 1/4 off of it. It will seem like it doesn't want to fit but you just have to work it in there. It will go.
As far as 4wd fronts, they really need closed cell foams


I forgot to mention ,its on my 22-4 buggy, sorry.
I trimmed the white inserts to get them to fit into the tires.
I already replaced the fronts with CC foam, that helped.
So I can still use the rears with the stock white cell foam on indoor clay tracks? Whew ! I was thinking I had to throw them away and start all over.

Thanks for the help.
__________________
Losi TLR 22-4 , Losi 22 2.0 Buggy , Losi Ten SCTE 1.5 , Losi 8ight E 2.0
Tom-sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #7362
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
That's not info we divulge, but we are looking/working on some things now. This car is very young and we would like to get some time on them to see whats needed.
not sure why ppl even ask these questions, its pretty routine, the real question is what do they have that's NEW new

let me take a stab at this for you since you cant answer officially...

cf battery strap
metric battery strap screws
metric wheel nuts
alu steering
alu wing mounts
alu wheel hexes
motor plate
chassis protectors
front axles
alu from arm brace

some interesting stuff to see would be...

alu rear hubs
alu c hubs
cf chassis

i can see you guys making CF shock towers, like the b4, but i really never saw the point, even on the b4, but if you make it, they will buy i guess?
narth327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 AM   #7363
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 862
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default

Any ETA on the new style wheels? I know they were just announced, but an idea would be neat.

Also, will the new style wheels only be compatible with a new style tire to match?
ntJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:16 AM   #7364
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,378
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntJeff View Post
Any ETA on the new style wheels? I know they were just announced, but an idea would be neat.

Also, will the new style wheels only be compatible with a new style tire to match?
Unfortunately no ETA, but should get more info once they return from the Cactus. You can actually just cut off the standard bead of your favorite 2.2 tires and they mount up perfectly .
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #7365
Tech Master
 
Captcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ocala, fl
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I was thinking that, but wasnt 100% sure.

Those inserts though!
__________________
Brandon Ryan
Public Relations, and Hype-Man
301 Raceway & Hobby
3404 NE 37 PL.
Wildwood, FL 34785
Captcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 11:04 AM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 08:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 09:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 03:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 06:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:37 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net