R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes

Old 03-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #5956
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
ok, best choice for 2wd rear buggy tire for hard packed clay / topsoil mix, dry, with generous amounts of dust on it. If it was swept, it would be a barcode track, no doubt, as the clean spots are pretty dialed with them now. The problem is that it just gets so much fluff over the entire track.
3Ds work great for this kind of track. Barcode style tread, but with pins for the loose stuff.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #5957
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
Paul, any update on the status of 1/10th Buggy Pressure Points? I'm ready to spend money.
We actually have them in stock, but they haven't made the official press release and not on the website yet; maybe today or tomorrow. I believe they are already shipping to distributors .

Quote:
Any reason why 2 of the 4 foam in my semi-new 3ds are much softer than the other 2( 4x4 SCT)? I rotate them frequently also....
Quote:
Me and my local mates also have had heaps of the JC Blue SCT foams lately be all over the place with firmness straight out of the packet, its so bad that its extremely noticeable and effects traction for sure.
Also the hazard rims coming buckled and even with deformities making them unusable.

These issues have made me unfortunately not buy many JC Products anymore, as the turn around for us getting them from Amain to Australia and then having to say something about it and then get more sent out and wait again, on more than a few occasions, was getting frustrating to say the least

It is a shame as I did and still do love the products, if only i knew they would arrive and be the same packet to packet

Flame me If u must but i am just saying what has happened to me and a few locals around me also
Thank you for the feedback and we have already been working on the manufacturing side to improve consistency of the inserts. The wheel issue was a packaging error (to many per box) and has been corrected already. Unfortunately we don't know the status of certain stores inventory.

Quote:
ok, best choice for 2wd rear buggy tire for hard packed clay / topsoil mix, dry, with generous amounts of dust on it. If it was swept, it would be a barcode track, no doubt, as the clean spots are pretty dialed with them now. The problem is that it just gets so much fluff over the entire track.

suggestions?
This has to be one of the worst track conditions to deal with and unfortunately there is no magic wand.... Even the best tire will still feel loose.

We get this a lot in Florida and sometimes we can get away with green Bar Codes with the stock white foam. If the dust is just to much; I have found that used 3D's with stock inserts work pretty good as well as DD's with stock inserts (both green compound). I like to spray the tire with Kalgard motorspray 5 - 10 minutes before my run. Normally use green Rips or blue Bar Codes on the front with 3/4 rear white foam.

Turning your throttle EPA down helps a bunch too .

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #5958
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
We actually have them in stock, but they haven't made the official press release and not on the website yet; maybe today or tomorrow. I believe they are already shipping to distributors .

Thank you for the feedback and we have already been working on the manufacturing side to improve consistency of the inserts. The wheel issue was a packaging error (to many per box) and has been corrected already. Unfortunately we don't know the status of certain stores inventory.

This has to be one of the worst track conditions to deal with and unfortunately there is no magic wand.... Even the best tire will still feel loose.

We get this a lot in Florida and sometimes we can get away with green Bar Codes with the stock white foam. If the dust is just to much; I have found that used 3D's with stock inserts work pretty good as well as DD's with stock inserts (both green compound). I like to spray the tire with Kalgard motorspray 5 - 10 minutes before my run. Normally use green Rips or blue Bar Codes on the front with 3/4 rear white foam.

Turning your throttle EPA down helps a bunch too .
Thanks Paul. I was running my 17.5 car with the mod guys and didn't even bother putting more motor in because I would have only made the problem worse.

I know that no matter what tread pattern I tried, it felt the same. I even tried Trinity Yellow Dot (Zip Grip 2) and that would help for the first minute or two and then it would just go away. I'll have to get some 3D's and try them. I suspect they will be good for this summer too.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #5959
Tech Addict

So am I right that Maifield was using Sevens when he won the Dirt Nitro Challenge? How do those tires wear?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #5960
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomErickson View Post
So am I right that Maifield was using Sevens when he won the Dirt Nitro Challenge? How do those tires wear?
I believe he was using the new Metrix tire.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #5961
PW
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomErickson View Post
He was using the new Metrix tire as Matt mentioned. You can see details of the tire from the IFMAR Worlds coverage.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #5962
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Hey PW, I was given a body to paint and it has clear over spray film on it. Did you guys switch to clear over spray film on your bodies instead of the blue?
elex300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #5963
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Clear is Proline
Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #5964
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
He was using the new Metrix tire as Matt mentioned. You can see details of the tire from the IFMAR Worlds coverage.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That, looks, dialed!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #5965
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsonmark71 View Post
Clear is Proline
I know that is how it usually is but this is a b4.1 finisher with clear film on it.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #5966
PW
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
Hey PW, I was given a body to paint and it has clear over spray film on it. Did you guys switch to clear over spray film on your bodies instead of the blue?
Yes...We are making a switch to clear over-spray film. It will take a little while for all the bodies, so you will probably see both color film right now.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #5967
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes...We are making a switch to clear over-spray film. It will take a little while for all the bodies, so you will probably see both color film right now.
Thats awesome! Makes it much easier for the painters. Thank you.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #5968
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That is true. Makes a world of difference when painting. I like painting Proline (before Jconcepts went clear) but rather run Jconcepts myself. Now I can have the best of both!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #5969
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Im seeing an issue w the jcon hex wheels for t4.1 mounting them on a t4.2....they slightly rub at full turn in. The wheels appear a little thicker on the inside. Possibly rub due to the new arm configuration......bummed cause ae only has white wheels at the moment
Old 03-05-2013, 05:43 AM   #5970
PW
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
Im seeing an issue w the jcon hex wheels for t4.1 mounting them on a t4.2....they slightly rub at full turn in. The wheels appear a little thicker on the inside. Possibly rub due to the new arm configuration......bummed cause ae only has white wheels at the moment
I will look into it later today; our team drivers including Brent Thielke & Maifiled have been running the new arms on their trucks for several races with our wheels and hexes. I also have one in my office using the new arms and no clearance issues; but we are of course using the JC hexes . I will check the stock T4.2 hex and wheel for a different offset.