R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree33Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #5716
Tech Master
 
xtraman122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,251
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Anything in the works for a +8mm body for the DEX210? I know the original can be made to fit, just wanted to see if something proper was being made.

Thanks
xtraman122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #5717
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,385
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraman122 View Post
Anything in the works for a +8mm body for the DEX210? I know the original can be made to fit, just wanted to see if something proper was being made.

Thanks
Not at the moment; its on the list, but several bigger projects ahead
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #5718
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,842
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Another Durango question- any plans for a body for the DEST210? Looking to get bodies ready for Motorama in February and would like a dialed cab forward look to match the buggies we have.
__________________
Serpent America/Desoto Racing- www.serpentamerica.com
TrakPower Speed Equipment- www.trakpowerusa.com
B Fast RC Performance- www.bfastrc.com
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #5719
Tech Addict
 
vfrninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wichita,KS.
Posts: 515
Default

Just mounted up the new axles on the front of my B4 with Avid hexes and Avid wheels. Wheels rub on the arms before reaching full steering lock. Anyone else experience this yet?
I built them per instructions with shims on the inboard side of the steering block.
__________________
*Jammin' SCRT-10 * Tekno SCT410* Tekno EB48* AE B44.1* AE B4.1* AE SC10.1* Losi XXX SCBT *AE B5 rm*B5mm*
vfrninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:31 AM   #5720
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,385
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Another Durango question- any plans for a body for the DEST210? Looking to get bodies ready for Motorama in February and would like a dialed cab forward look to match the buggies we have.
It's on the list, but nothing before Motorama.

Quote:
Just mounted up the new axles on the front of my B4 with Avid hexes and Avid wheels. Wheels rub on the arms before reaching full steering lock. Anyone else experience this yet?
I built them per instructions with shims on the inboard side of the steering block.
Sorry I don't have any experience with Avid hexes/wheels, but the axle shouldn't have any affect on width. Width is determined by the hex and wheel offset.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:58 AM   #5721
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 378
Default Tire tread tearing off

Is this normal? I have some front gold Barcodes I have half a dozen runs on indoor clay with a patch of knobs/pins/bars that have ripped off. Kind of weird it is only in one patch. Maybe a bad tire? PM me please.
bambambennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #5722
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chandler,AZ
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambambennett View Post
Is this normal? I have some front gold Barcodes I have half a dozen runs on indoor clay with a patch of knobs/pins/bars that have ripped off. Kind of weird it is only in one patch. Maybe a bad tire? PM me please.
Happened to me on my Double'Dees to. Would like to know why..
__________________
Team Associated: B44.2 / B4.2 / T4.2 / RC8.2e powered by a Airtronics M12.

Thanks to my sponsors: Team G Racing / Hacker / DE Racing / Leadfinger R/C / High Velocity Racing / AZ-RC.com / Integy / Racers Edge
www.LeadFingerRC.com
Advantage R/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #5723
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,385
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambambennett View Post
Is this normal? I have some front gold Barcodes I have half a dozen runs on indoor clay with a patch of knobs/pins/bars that have ripped off. Kind of weird it is only in one patch. Maybe a bad tire? PM me please.
Quote:
Happened to me on my Double'Dees to. Would like to know why..
I'm not sure why it happened, but it sounds like a defect during the molding process. Please contact [email protected] and they will take care of the situation ASAP.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #5724
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 11
Default

Hi
Next race will be on a track that is indoors on hard packed slick clay that we normally run Barcode Green in 2wd. Thought the next race we will try a ribbed front tire, but there are some to choose from. Therefore I need help sort this out once and for all.

When ranking Rips, Groovy and Rounder, which have the most / least stearing and durability?

Thanks
__________________
Team Associated Sweden
Associated - Reedy - JConcept - Sanwa
Carrocar - Evolution Racing - GHEA
andersl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #5725
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sacramento,California
Posts: 656
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

P-DUB: what compound would you recommend for really cool weather! I will be attending a race here in Northen California on a track that's outside but covered track! It's clay slick hard packed! Gold bar codes work good but would blue or green perform alittle better because of the cold? Temps probably will be in the 35 to 50 degree range track kept wet! Thanks for any help!!!
__________________
LSR SPEEDWAY
R1 WURKS
Schelle Racing
MIP Racing
BN Racing
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #5726
Tech Elite
 
elex300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,951
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
P-DUB: what compound would you recommend for really cool weather! I will be attending a race here in Northen California on a track that's outside but covered track! It's clay slick hard packed! Gold bar codes work good but would blue or green perform alittle better because of the cold? Temps probably will be in the 35 to 50 degree range track kept wet! Thanks for any help!!!
In my own experience when golds work well,blue and green does'nt. From what you explained golds will probably be the tire. But thats just my opinion.
__________________
Erik Everett
EZ Customs (Rc Painting) www.facebook.com/ezcustomspainting
Jconcepts - Trinity/Revtech - Xtreme Hobbies - RCADDICTION Products
elex300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #5727
Tech Initiate
 
LCRC77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Money View Post
any word on a finnisher for the ZX5? I had to get a bulldog because you guys dont have one yet.
The Finnisher for the B44.1 is an almost direct fit. A little cutting is required. If you want a pic I can post one.
__________________
RC

Team Dirt Heaven
LCRC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 AM   #5728
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,385
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersl View Post
Hi
Next race will be on a track that is indoors on hard packed slick clay that we normally run Barcode Green in 2wd. Thought the next race we will try a ribbed front tire, but there are some to choose from. Therefore I need help sort this out once and for all.

When ranking Rips, Groovy and Rounder, which have the most / least stearing and durability?

Thanks
Between the 3:
-Rips give very smooth steering throughout the turn and 99% of the time are the best rib tire.
-Groovy normally feel more aggressive than Rips, but less consistent.
-Rounders normally have just to much steering and make the car to hard to drive.

I would recommend trying the Rips in Green with a rear foam cut.

Quote:
P-DUB: what compound would you recommend for really cool weather! I will be attending a race here in Northen California on a track that's outside but covered track! It's clay slick hard packed! Gold bar codes work good but would blue or green perform alittle better because of the cold? Temps probably will be in the 35 to 50 degree range track kept wet! Thanks for any help!!!
elex300 answered this perfectly. Try treating your golds with WD40 if you need them a little softer.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #5729
Tech Master
 
spider882009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana, Pa
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

When was the last time a JConcepts BJ4 World's Edition built??? How reliable are they? Will a B44.1 or .2 Body fit the car???
__________________
Sponsored by: Mugen|Proline|LFR|Carpy's
Chad Segner
spider882009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #5730
Tech Regular
 
champ3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 406
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Tire compounds

Paul,

We have some upcoming races at Flowood RC in MS where the temps will be cold. We've typically run the super soft compounds but the tires seem to wear quick. We would go to the softs for the longer races. Would your gold or the new black compounds work better here and what about tire wear. Looking for something to run on nitro buggy and 4w SC. What about some of your newer tread designs?

Thanks
champ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 11:04 AM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 08:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 09:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 03:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 06:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:38 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net