R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree28Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #5476
Tech Regular
 
drepus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 401
Default

Hi guys looking for a little advice. I am going back to a track later this month and am looking for tire advice for 2wd & 4wd buggy. Earlier this year blue barcode (v1) with molded inserts worked well in 2wd with a track temp in the high 70's. The track is probably 60/40 clay/dirt. I am heading back soon but the temps may be in the high 40's to mid 50's and they like to water the track at night so i assume the dirt will be moist all day long. Do you think the blue compound will still work or are greens going to be required? Also do you think molded or standard inserts?
thanks guys
__________________
Dave Henry
TLR/Losi Team Driver,Team Horizon,Spektrum,Dynamite,JR,Nitrotane,AKA,CRC,Pinnacle Hobby, racing since '86 (at least trying!)

drepus???? it's "superd" backwards since it was taken!
drepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #5477
Tech Elite
 
idrummerboy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Deer Park
Posts: 2,021
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to idrummerboy13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drepus View Post
Hi guys looking for a little advice. I am going back to a track later this month and am looking for tire advice for 2wd & 4wd buggy. Earlier this year blue barcode (v1) with molded inserts worked well in 2wd with a track temp in the high 70's. The track is probably 60/40 clay/dirt. I am heading back soon but the temps may be in the high 40's to mid 50's and they like to water the track at night so i assume the dirt will be moist all day long. Do you think the blue compound will still work or are greens going to be required? Also do you think molded or standard inserts?
thanks guys
They should be fine with a JC molded or aka. But I'm pretty sure the wetter the track the better blues work. Here its 70.30 clay dirt and when its moist in the 50 degree weather blues just work. In the dry conditions greens are the way.
__________________
-Guy
idrummerboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #5478
Tech Master
 
F18engineguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,611
Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
This was basically discussed a few post down; we will look into this for 2013.
Paul, sorry about that... I should have looked before I typed:-). Hope you guys smooth them rims out:-)
F18engineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:10 AM   #5479
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,377
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB11741 View Post
Are the Firm And1 truck foams different from the foams that come in , say Blue Bar Codes???

Thanks,
They are the same, but every once in a while it seems like a pair of tires comes with a softer insert.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #5480
Tech Master
 
liquid g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: streamwood
Posts: 1,133
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

hey guys have a question a guy at our track had left his truck sitting on his bench for a couple of months over the summer.he just came back racing and noticed his closed cell foams in his green barcodes for his sct have a bad flat spot on them .is there any way to bring it back ?thanks
__________________
associated sc-10 tekin rs blinky 17.5 murfdogg
associated b4.1 wc tekin rs blinky 17.5 murfdogg
associated t4.2 tekin rs 10.5 murfdogg
dex410 2010 spec rspro boosted murfdogg
liquid g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #5481
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 5,690
Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid g View Post
hey guys have a question a guy at our track had left his truck sitting on his bench for a couple of months over the summer.he just came back racing and noticed his closed cell foams in his green barcodes for his sct have a bad flat spot on them .is there any way to bring it back ?thanks
I have heard that hitting a closed cell foam with a hair dryer helps to give them a boost but have never tried it. I also dont know how it will work seeing as how they are still in the tire, i heard it used when re-using the foams in another set of tires.
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #5482
Tech Regular
 
drepus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid g View Post
hey guys have a question a guy at our track had left his truck sitting on his bench for a couple of months over the summer.he just came back racing and noticed his closed cell foams in his green barcodes for his sct have a bad flat spot on them .is there any way to bring it back ?thanks
Just tell your friend to go run them a little easy for a battery and they should be fine.
__________________
Dave Henry
TLR/Losi Team Driver,Team Horizon,Spektrum,Dynamite,JR,Nitrotane,AKA,CRC,Pinnacle Hobby, racing since '86 (at least trying!)

drepus???? it's "superd" backwards since it was taken!
drepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #5483
Tech Regular
 
drepus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drepus View Post
Hi guys looking for a little advice. I am going back to a track later this month and am looking for tire advice for 2wd & 4wd buggy. Earlier this year blue barcode (v1) with molded inserts worked well in 2wd with a track temp in the high 70's. The track is probably 60/40 clay/dirt. I am heading back soon but the temps may be in the high 40's to mid 50's and they like to water the track at night so i assume the dirt will be moist all day long. Do you think the blue compound will still work or are greens going to be required? Also do you think molded or standard inserts?
thanks guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrummerboy13 View Post
They should be fine with a JC molded or aka. But I'm pretty sure the wetter the track the better blues work. Here its 70.30 clay dirt and when its moist in the 50 degree weather blues just work. In the dry conditions greens are the way.
Thanks drummboy!
Anyone else want to chime in?
__________________
Dave Henry
TLR/Losi Team Driver,Team Horizon,Spektrum,Dynamite,JR,Nitrotane,AKA,CRC,Pinnacle Hobby, racing since '86 (at least trying!)

drepus???? it's "superd" backwards since it was taken!
drepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #5484
Tech Addict
 
Mini-Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Santa Rosa,CA
Posts: 578
Default

Blue v1s should be fine. That's my go to compound in conditions like those. If you want something with a little more side byte, then try v2s. Insert wise, the softer it is the more grip it'll produce. For 2w I would go with jc medium closed cell rears and and1 rears cut with 3/4s remaining for the fronts. For 4w, go with the same rears and play around with fronts like proline or aka closed cell. Front insert does a lot to steering.
__________________
E.Albano

Yokomo / Hobbywing / JConcepts / A Main Performance Hobbies / Solaris Racing Products / ProTek RC / Schelle / Boom RC / TNP (TopNotchPaints)
Mini-Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #5485
Tech Regular
 
drepus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Mod View Post
Blue v1s should be fine. That's my go to compound in conditions like those. If you want something with a little more side byte, then try v2s. Insert wise, the softer it is the more grip it'll produce. For 2w I would go with jc medium closed cell rears and and1 rears cut with 3/4s remaining for the fronts. For 4w, go with the same rears and play around with fronts like proline or aka closed cell. Front insert does a lot to steering.
Thanks
__________________
Dave Henry
TLR/Losi Team Driver,Team Horizon,Spektrum,Dynamite,JR,Nitrotane,AKA,CRC,Pinnacle Hobby, racing since '86 (at least trying!)

drepus???? it's "superd" backwards since it was taken!
drepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #5486
Eli
Tech Master
 
Eli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 1,438
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Really liking the gold pressure points on my t4.1
__________________
Eli Westrup - SDRC Raceway - B6D - SC5M - B64D ALL FOR SALE!
Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #5487
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
They are the same, but every once in a while it seems like a pair of tires comes with a softer insert.
You were spot on with my tire choice for yesterday bro. Car was sick. Damn switch turned off on me on my ESC in the main and killed my race but everything was on point otherwise. Seems like I always have something ridiculous kill my race right?
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #5488
Super Moderator
 
racer1812's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,699
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Paul, how close are we to seeing a stadium truck CC insert?

If an eta has been mentioned I apologize.
__________________
Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #5489
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Mod View Post
Blue v1s should be fine. That's my go to compound in conditions like those. If you want something with a little more side byte, then try v2s. Insert wise, the softer it is the more grip it'll produce. For 2w I would go with jc medium closed cell rears and and1 rears cut with 3/4s remaining for the fronts. For 4w, go with the same rears and play around with fronts like proline or aka closed cell. Front insert does a lot to steering.
The V1s on indoor tracks actually produce more sidebite then the V2s. At least that has been my understanding and I am fairly sure that is what Paul has said in this thread in the past.
__________________
Kevin Van Ert | RC^2 | CRC Racing | Team Scream Racing | Dumpers Speed Shop | Genesis RC | Race Rewards | Lake Superior RC Car Club | www.lsrcc.com
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #5490
Tech Addict
 
Mini-Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Santa Rosa,CA
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave View Post
The V1s on indoor tracks actually produce more sidebite then the V2s. At least that has been my understanding and I am fairly sure that is what Paul has said in this thread in the past.
I always notice more forward with v1 and side with v2. At least for outdoor. Indoor, then yes v1s are awesome.
__________________
E.Albano

Yokomo / Hobbywing / JConcepts / A Main Performance Hobbies / Solaris Racing Products / ProTek RC / Schelle / Boom RC / TNP (TopNotchPaints)
Mini-Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 11:04 AM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 08:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 09:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 03:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 06:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net