R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree28Likes

Old 10-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #5476
Tech Regular

Hi guys looking for a little advice. I am going back to a track later this month and am looking for tire advice for 2wd & 4wd buggy. Earlier this year blue barcode (v1) with molded inserts worked well in 2wd with a track temp in the high 70's. The track is probably 60/40 clay/dirt. I am heading back soon but the temps may be in the high 40's to mid 50's and they like to water the track at night so i assume the dirt will be moist all day long. Do you think the blue compound will still work or are greens going to be required? Also do you think molded or standard inserts?
thanks guys

drepus???? it's "superd" backwards since it was taken!
drepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #5477
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to idrummerboy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by drepus View Post
Hi guys looking for a little advice. I am going back to a track later this month and am looking for tire advice for 2wd & 4wd buggy. Earlier this year blue barcode (v1) with molded inserts worked well in 2wd with a track temp in the high 70's. The track is probably 60/40 clay/dirt. I am heading back soon but the temps may be in the high 40's to mid 50's and they like to water the track at night so i assume the dirt will be moist all day long. Do you think the blue compound will still work or are greens going to be required? Also do you think molded or standard inserts?
thanks guys
They should be fine with a JC molded or aka. But I'm pretty sure the wetter the track the better blues work. Here its 70.30 clay dirt and when its moist in the 50 degree weather blues just work. In the dry conditions greens are the way.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #5478
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
This was basically discussed a few post down; we will look into this for 2013.
Paul, sorry about that... I should have looked before I typed:-). Hope you guys smooth them rims out:-)
F18engineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:10 AM   #5479
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB11741 View Post
Are the Firm And1 truck foams different from the foams that come in , say Blue Bar Codes???

Thanks,
They are the same, but every once in a while it seems like a pair of tires comes with a softer insert.

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #5480
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

hey guys have a question a guy at our track had left his truck sitting on his bench for a couple of months over the summer.he just came back racing and noticed his closed cell foams in his green barcodes for his sct have a bad flat spot on them .is there any way to bring it back ?thanks
dex410 2010 spec rspro boosted murfdogg
liquid g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #5481
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid g View Post
hey guys have a question a guy at our track had left his truck sitting on his bench for a couple of months over the summer.he just came back racing and noticed his closed cell foams in his green barcodes for his sct have a bad flat spot on them .is there any way to bring it back ?thanks
I have heard that hitting a closed cell foam with a hair dryer helps to give them a boost but have never tried it. I also dont know how it will work seeing as how they are still in the tire, i heard it used when re-using the foams in another set of tires.
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #5482
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid g View Post
Just tell your friend to go run them a little easy for a battery and they should be fine.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #5483
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drepus View Post
thanks guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrummerboy13 View Post
They should be fine with a JC molded or aka. But I'm pretty sure the wetter the track the better blues work. Here its 70.30 clay dirt and when its moist in the 50 degree weather blues just work. In the dry conditions greens are the way.
Thanks drummboy!
Anyone else want to chime in?

Old 10-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #5484
Tech Addict

Blue v1s should be fine. That's my go to compound in conditions like those. If you want something with a little more side byte, then try v2s. Insert wise, the softer it is the more grip it'll produce. For 2w I would go with jc medium closed cell rears and and1 rears cut with 3/4s remaining for the fronts. For 4w, go with the same rears and play around with fronts like proline or aka closed cell. Front insert does a lot to steering.

Yokomo / Hobbywing / JConcepts / A Main Performance Hobbies / Solaris Racing Products / ProTek RC / Schelle / Boom RC / TNP (TopNotchPaints)
Mini-Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #5485
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Mod View Post
Blue v1s should be fine. That's my go to compound in conditions like those. If you want something with a little more side byte, then try v2s. Insert wise, the softer it is the more grip it'll produce. For 2w I would go with jc medium closed cell rears and and1 rears cut with 3/4s remaining for the fronts. For 4w, go with the same rears and play around with fronts like proline or aka closed cell. Front insert does a lot to steering.
Thanks

Old 10-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #5486
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Really liking the gold pressure points on my t4.1
Old 10-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #5487
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
They are the same, but every once in a while it seems like a pair of tires comes with a softer insert.
You were spot on with my tire choice for yesterday bro. Car was sick. Damn switch turned off on me on my ESC in the main and killed my race but everything was on point otherwise. Seems like I always have something ridiculous kill my race right?
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #5488
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Paul, how close are we to seeing a stadium truck CC insert?

If an eta has been mentioned I apologize.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #5489
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Mod View Post
The V1s on indoor tracks actually produce more sidebite then the V2s. At least that has been my understanding and I am fairly sure that is what Paul has said in this thread in the past.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #5490
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave View Post
The V1s on indoor tracks actually produce more sidebite then the V2s. At least that has been my understanding and I am fairly sure that is what Paul has said in this thread in the past.
I always notice more forward with v1 and side with v2. At least for outdoor. Indoor, then yes v1s are awesome.

Yokomo / Hobbywing / JConcepts / A Main Performance Hobbies / Solaris Racing Products / ProTek RC / Schelle / Boom RC / TNP (TopNotchPaints)
Mini-Mod is offline   Reply With Quote