R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #5266
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,393
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Aaron(W-W), check with MooCow at Trackside. He runs a Tamiya and can fill you in on what you need to do.

Paul, it was stated "the heat of the day required a change for A2, Ryan switched to Orange Compound Double Dees in the front" at the 15th Annual Hot Rod Hobbies race for SC. What did the heat do to the track to justify this change?
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #5267
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,378
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Aaron(W-W), check with MooCow at Trackside. He runs a Tamiya and can fill you in on what you need to do.

Paul, it was stated "the heat of the day required a change for A2, Ryan switched to Orange Compound Double Dees in the front" at the 15th Annual Hot Rod Hobbies race for SC. What did the heat do to the track to justify this change?
The traction goes up and the truck gets really twitchy, so switching to DD fronts helps tame the steering down a little (SCT).
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #5268
Tech Elite
 
Wicked-Wayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Do you feel you're a star?
Posts: 2,033
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Aaron(W-W), check with MooCow at Trackside. He runs a Tamiya and can fill you in on what you need to do.
Yep I know, he is the reason I bought the Tamiya 201. He also helped me build it to his setup. I was just too lazy to send him a text message I guess.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
__________________
Schacht Design Works Trackside Hobbies Dirtheaven CRC Hobbies MidWest Tri-Clone RC Scoring Pro LiveRc.com 92 Zero Designs
Wicked-Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #5269
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 484
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz View Post
Thanks for the info, do any of the other 1/10th rims work? Do I have to do anything to the rears to work?

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Perhaps that is a question best asked in, I don't know, maybe the TRF201 thread?
__________________
Sh Sh Shaw
R.Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #5270
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Just picked up a pair of JConcepts Double Dee's to replace some worn down Holeshots.

The guy at the shop advised they would work in similar conditions, just wondering if the was full of BS.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #5271
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 5,693
Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Just picked up a pair of JConcepts Double Dee's to replace some worn down Holeshots.

The guy at the shop advised they would work in similar conditions, just wondering if the was full of BS.
Nope...They should be even better than your old holeshots
__________________
Thanks to: JConcepts ~ Schelle ~ Kustom RC Graphics

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #5272
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Nope...They should be even better than your old holeshots
HUZZAH!!! Guess Ill find out tomorrow.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #5273
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 484
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Just picked up a pair of JConcepts Double Dee's to replace some worn down Holeshots.

The guy at the shop advised they would work in similar conditions, just wondering if the was full of BS.
Oh I don't know. I mean look at the double dees, and then look at the hole shots. They look so dissimilar (dissimilar means different) to one another that there is no way they would work in anything close to the same conditions. In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. I mean really? I guarantee that if you closed your eyes and had a friend of yours hand you a DD and a HS (both tires for the same type of vehicle, with the same foams and glued to a rim) that you would have a very very difficult time telling the difference between the two. I could see if the tread patterns were way different, but they are so close to the same thing, that one would have to be a dunderhead to think that they would not work in a similar manner, in the same conditions. I say again, really?
__________________
Sh Sh Shaw
R.Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #5274
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Shackleford View Post
Blah blah blah Im a smart arse, blah blah blah.?
No actually they dont look that similar to me, and as its only my second set of Rear Buggy tyres I thought I would ask.

Thanks to everyone who gave a helpful answer.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #5275
Tech Master
 
Tradin Paint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,301
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Shackleford View Post
Oh I don't know. I mean look at the double dees, and then look at the hole shots. They look so dissimilar (dissimilar means different) to one another that there is no way they would work in anything close to the same conditions. In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. I mean really? I guarantee that if you closed your eyes and had a friend of yours hand you a DD and a HS (both tires for the same type of vehicle, with the same foams and glued to a rim) that you would have a very very difficult time telling the difference between the two. I could see if the tread patterns were way different, but they are so close to the same thing, that one would have to be a dunderhead to think that they would not work in a similar manner, in the same conditions. I say again, really?
Do you feel better now? I see no reason for that response.

I have run both tires before and could never get a set of Hole Shots to hook up but love the DDs, so yes they are different
__________________
Happy with: Team Associated, Team Tekin, Airtronics, Avid, JConcepts, Fantom motors and Aero Model batteries.
Proud Supporter of Warehouse 3 RC Hobby Shop, that just happens to have an indoor track
"Because Size Does Matter"
Ryan H.
Tradin Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #5276
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradin Paint View Post
Do you feel better now? I see no reason for that response.

I have run both tires before and could never get a set of Hole Shots to hook up but love the DDs, so yes they are different
Thats his typical condescending response.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #5277
Tech Addict
 
DirtRacer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pa
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Man03 View Post
Any details on a anti-roll kit for the SC10 that I saw in my RC Car Action? Can't seem to find any info.
What issue did you see that in?
__________________
AE FT SC5M W/LRP SXX TC Ver.2, LRP X12 8.5
AE FT T5M W/LRP SXX TC Ver.2, Orion VST Pro 7.5
Bumps & Jumps, G's R/C Raceway, Pit Stop Hobbies
DirtRacer68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #5278
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 484
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradin Paint View Post
Do you feel better now? I see no reason for that response.

I have run both tires before and could never get a set of Hole Shots to hook up but love the DDs, so yes they are different
What foam were you running in the Hole Shots? What foam were you running in the DD'S? Have you ever run them back to back (same day, same track conditions)?
__________________
Sh Sh Shaw
R.Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #5279
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Shackleford View Post
What foam were you running in the Hole Shots? What foam were you running in the DD'S? Have you ever run them back to back (same day, same track conditions)?
I've used both back to back with the same foams. They are very different. From the spacing of the lugs to the length of the lugs. Some track conditions demand a shorter lug. The tires are different. Are they similar? Yes. But they behave differently on the track. I prefer DD's.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #5280
Tech Regular
 
JeremyHarris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 309
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
I've used both back to back with the same foams. They are very different. From the spacing of the lugs to the length of the lugs. Some track conditions demand a shorter lug. The tires are different. Are they similar? Yes. But they behave differently on the track. I prefer DD's.
+1
__________________
Jeremy G. Harris
Pro-Line-RCWrapz-LFR-SXT-KustomRCGraphics-Airtronics-Team Associated-Reedy-LRP-Superiorhobbies.com
JeremyHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 11:04 AM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 08:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 09:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 03:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 06:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net