R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree33Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #496
Tech Master
 
Dasupacat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1
Default

Any plans for JC to come out with some 1/10 4wd fronts/rear tires? Just wondering. Would love to see other treads out there other than whats out there. Proline seems to want to only concentrate on 1/8. Losi can't supply the demand. Panther needs to drop their pricing. It's too bad. With 4wd becoming bigger with the release of more cars. You would think some of these companies would wake up.
4wd mod is one of the bigger classes at my track.

Proline - Lack of variety, M3=one run$
Losi - More variety, always on backorder
Panther - Less variety, way too expen$ive
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #497
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

[Dasupacat1] -We've definately noted the demand, and lack of options for 4wd fronts. I think I'll add another good word for adding that to the list.
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #498
Tech Fanatic
 
AzBobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1 View Post
Any plans for JC to come out with some 1/10 4wd fronts/rear tires? Just wondering. Would love to see other treads out there other than whats out there. Proline seems to want to only concentrate on 1/8. Losi can't supply the demand. Panther needs to drop their pricing. It's too bad. With 4wd becoming bigger with the release of more cars. You would think some of these companies would wake up.
4wd mod is one of the bigger classes at my track.

Proline - Lack of variety, M3=one run$
Losi - More variety, always on backorder
Panther - Less variety, way too expen$ive

while i agree there needs to be more options for 4wd fronts. the panthers are 1.95 more then prolines, however they will last you 6 to 10 runs depending on track and driving style. i mean optimum performance too. where as like you said proline will get you 3 to 5 runs. so is the 2 dollar difference worth the extra runs to you or not?

Andy yes put me down for another vote for Jconcepts to make 4wd fronts.
AzBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:25 AM   #499
Tech Master
 
nhodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,030
Send a message via Yahoo to nhodd
Default

well the amount of tracks and quality of them in the country is amazing. Most of the best drivers in the world are from there with the level of competiton available.Tracks race during the week as well as weekends.In Australia the distance between sydney and perth for instance is 4-5hr by plane.Our tracks are spreadout across the country.You have heaps of indoor tracks and last but not least most of the r/c equipment is made in the US.Oh and also the dollar is way better.
nhodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:26 AM   #500
Tech Master
 
Dasupacat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzBobby View Post
while i agree there needs to be more options for 4wd fronts. the panthers are 1.95 more then prolines, however they will last you 6 to 10 runs depending on track and driving style. i mean optimum performance too. where as like you said proline will get you 3 to 5 runs. so is the 2 dollar difference worth the extra runs to you or not?

Andy yes put me down for another vote for Jconcepts to make 4wd fronts.
That maybe true, but my track is extremelu rutted, hard packed, dry. and dust in areas. Don't think that Panther makes a tire for that would work here. Everybody uses Bigshots in 2wd (work great)and mostly Holeshots in 4wd because there really isn't anything else that works. Wish Losi made a 4wd version of the Bigshot because that would be the ticket here in 4wd.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #501
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzBobby View Post
Andy yes put me down for another vote for Jconcepts to make 4wd fronts.
Will do!

[nhodd] -I guess I can see your points, haha. Definately interesting to hear a perspective outside our community, and what its like in other areas.
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #502
Tech Master
 
memyselfandI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,381
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

although we do have a few good drivers..... Josh Pain made the B final in factory mod at this years Cactus classic
__________________
Carisma Racing Australia
Modelflight.com.au
Team AKA
Ryper Hobbies
memyselfandI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:43 PM   #503
Tech Fanatic
 
fatbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 811
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear
Default

4WD fronts.........yes please
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #504
Tech Master
 
eds24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,128
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eds24 Send a message via Yahoo to eds24
Default

Just wondering the length of the T4 and GT2 bodies offered by you guys? Thanks Ethan
eds24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 AM   #505
Tech Master
 
nhodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,030
Send a message via Yahoo to nhodd
Default racing

Cmon lotto.Oh and the pros actually get paid to race during he week while ride motorbikes on the weekend
nhodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #506
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 324
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I'd like to see titanium screw kits for the BJ4WE. For at least what I would need to replace the existing screw with titanium or ss.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #507
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandI View Post
although we do have a few good drivers..... Josh Pain made the B final in factory mod at this years Cactus classic
You guys have some very talented guys down there, Andrew M, Josh P, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eds24 View Post
Just wondering the length of the T4 and GT2 bodies offered by you guys? Thanks Ethan
Umm, Im not sure off hand, I'll have to get back to you on that. What is the measurement for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhodd View Post
Cmon lotto.Oh and the pros actually get paid to race during he week while ride motorbikes on the weekend
Well, thats why they are "professional".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I'd like to see titanium screw kits for the BJ4WE. For at least what I would need to replace the existing screw with titanium or ss.
Im pretty sure rc screwz offers a SS screw kit for both cars, if Im not mistaken. Lunsford racing might be the only option for a ti screw kit(pieced together) though, and that will be pricey.
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #508
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1 View Post
That maybe true, but my track is extremelu rutted, hard packed, dry. and dust in areas. Don't think that Panther makes a tire for that would work here. Everybody uses Bigshots in 2wd (work great)and mostly Holeshots in 4wd because there really isn't anything else that works. Wish Losi made a 4wd version of the Bigshot because that would be the ticket here in 4wd.
john luiguidice ran panthers last fall (big 4 wheel drive fronts on a b4) and smoked everyone by a lap in the pay out race
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:03 PM   #509
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenlife View Post
john luiguidice ran panthers last fall (big 4 wheel drive fronts on a b4) and smoked everyone by a lap in the pay out race

Driving goes a long way....
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #510
Tech Master
 
nhodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,030
Send a message via Yahoo to nhodd
Default racing

at least we have each other in australia.looking forward to the worlds at the end of the year.Are all the team drivers going?
nhodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 11:04 AM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 08:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 09:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 03:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 06:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:19 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net