R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree38Likes

Old 04-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #4966
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to idrummerboy13

v1 have better side bite, v2 have a lot of corner speed.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #4967
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That's what I figured. Thanks for the info
Old 04-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #4968
Tech Regular

Default Hauler

I just recently purchased the JConcepts New Medium Hauler (SCT Size) and it has been awesome! Just what I needed. Thanks for great product with a reasonable price.
Tekin: RS-Pro & Redline 6.5, RX-8 & Pro4 4000kv
Hi-tec: X4/AC Charger
dexon555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #4969
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I apologize if this has been asked, but what foams are used in the stadium truck premounts? They feel pretty nice, whatever they are.
Timmahhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #4970
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahhh View Post
I apologize if this has been asked, but what foams are used in the stadium truck premounts? They feel pretty nice, whatever they are.
The JC And1 foams. And yes they are great!
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #4971
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i got a set of rulux 1/10 yellow wheels and some green bar codes front. tried gluing them the first time and they never bonded. after twenty minutes i could peel them off the rims. i figured my glue was no good (about three weeks old) so i threw it away. sanded down the tires and scuffed the wheels. bought brand new glue and cleaned every thing with brake cleaner and reglued them. after 20 mins they were a little better, but this is thin ca proline tire glue (sets in 10 secs) and they still feel weak at the edges. let them sit for about 10 mins and they are glued but crunchy when you pull on the side wall.
just wondering if any one ha seen this? i have glued alot of wheels, six sets two weeks ago, and have never seen this. ambient temp was about 75* and low humidity. cleaned the wheels and the tires and dried for about 30 min before gluing. just never seen this and makes me worry if they are gonna hold up.

scott ross
Old 04-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #4972
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippz View Post
i got a set of rulux 1/10 yellow wheels and some green bar codes front. tried gluing them the first time and they never bonded. after twenty minutes i could peel them off the rims. i figured my glue was no good (about three weeks old) so i threw it away. sanded down the tires and scuffed the wheels. bought brand new glue and cleaned every thing with brake cleaner and reglued them. after 20 mins they were a little better, but this is thin ca proline tire glue (sets in 10 secs) and they still feel weak at the edges. let them sit for about 10 mins and they are glued but crunchy when you pull on the side wall.
just wondering if any one ha seen this? i have glued alot of wheels, six sets two weeks ago, and have never seen this. ambient temp was about 75* and low humidity. cleaned the wheels and the tires and dried for about 30 min before gluing. just never seen this and makes me worry if they are gonna hold up.

scott ross
Did you try cleaning the rims and tire beads with motor spray to clean away the release agent?

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #4973
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
Did you try cleaning the rims and tire beads with motor spray to clean away the release agent?
yes, cleaned with motor spray like jobby taught me when gluing tires. same method as all ways. since this post i have read through some of the others and found a few other people had this concern. i read the pw guy uses med ca glue. all ways used thin but may go to the med style.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #4974
Tech Adept

hey paul, i would just like to ask when would u run the new medium profiled rear buggy foams over the and1 foams at mills or coral when traction comes around for barcodes. just like your opinion on what combo u would choose(v1-v2, compound and open or closed cell foams)? ready to put a order in for tires!!
ANiznik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #4975
Tech Initiate

Just purchased the new Hybride tire for 1/10 scale and noticed its a really tall tire, Any suggestion on what foam to run and why is it so tall?
sdnspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #4976
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
yes, cleaned with motor spray like jobby taught me when gluing tires. same method as all ways. since this post i have read through some of the others and found a few other people had this concern. i read the pw guy uses med ca glue. all ways used thin but may go to the med style.
You're not alone. Most everyone I know has been having issues gluing Greens and Blues recently. Lately both have come with a shiny residue from what I assume is the mold release. We've found AKA and JC glue to work the best, but they definitely have issues taking glue compared to any other tire. Heck, my last set of Greens was completely covered with the stuff, half the tire was shiny and the rest with a dull finish. They didn't work too well...
xtraman122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #4977
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraman122 View Post
You're not alone. Most everyone I know has been having issues gluing Greens and Blues recently. Lately both have come with a shiny residue from what I assume is the mold release. We've found AKA and JC glue to work the best, but they definitely have issues taking glue compared to any other tire. Heck, my last set of Greens was completely covered with the stuff, half the tire was shiny and the rest with a dull finish. They didn't work too well...
thanks for the info...just wanted to make sure i was not crazy. took a ton of glue to get it to glue but it finally took. got some med. now so the next set we will see.

scott ross
Old 04-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #4978
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I've gotten good results cleaning the tires with alcohol. Get a rag damp and wipe the entire bead and sidewall. I let the tire air dry while I wipe the other 3, they get to dry while I reinstall the inserts. Same for the wheels, I use a rag damp with alcohol, I usually do that before working the tires.

I test fit the tires, making sure everything seats well. When gluing, I use tire bands (sorry, not JC ones, Panther ones) and let each side dry for 1/2 hour before moving to the next side.

I use a LHS brand of thin glue, haven't had any issues with JC green & gold, Proline M3 & M4 & MC, Losi pink & red and Panther Soft.
JRX2,LXT,XX-CR,22.4 1.0
RC10L4-O,Academy SPX-O,TRX1
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #4979
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
thanks for the info...just wanted to make sure i was not crazy. took a ton of glue to get it to glue but it finally took. got some med. now so the next set we will see.

scott ross
I have been using the thin CA from Sweep tires, awesome!

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #4980
Tech Master

I'm new to the Stadium Truck class and see that there are no hex wheels for the T4.1. Are there any plans for our friends at JConcepts to come out with some?
Ryan H.
Tradin Paint is offline   Reply With Quote