Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Impossible question to answer, but I need to ask...

What would be an all around decent tire that will give me longest wear on a slash 4x4? I can't do a new set of tires every other race and I also have two kids with SC trucks to take care of. Since we are all learning we will be getting as much practice as we can.

there are two tracks in my area. One is an indoor clay track (red and really nice) and the other is an outdoor dirt track that seems very packed down and has rocks and pebbles as part of the mix. The clay track is about an hour from me, vs 20 minutes or I would just go there all the time. (plus it's $10 practice and only open 3 days a week.)
Old 04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc10t3b4
I run a Rc10T4 since it's release and been a proline fan. But after building this T4.1Ft I'm switching to Jconcept. I love the fit and finish of the tires(didn't even need to balance them) and the bodies is very strong. I hope you guys start pushing the stadium truck market even harder.
Thank you and yes

Any slick tires for 1/10 electric in the pipeline??
Not at this time.

Impossible question to answer, but I need to ask...

What would be an all around decent tire that will give me longest wear on a slash 4x4? I can't do a new set of tires every other race and I also have two kids with SC trucks to take care of. Since we are all learning we will be getting as much practice as we can.

there are two tracks in my area. One is an indoor clay track (red and really nice) and the other is an outdoor dirt track that seems very packed down and has rocks and pebbles as part of the mix. The clay track is about an hour from me, vs 20 minutes or I would just go there all the time. (plus it's $10 practice and only open 3 days a week.)
Subcultures
Old 04-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

Is the rulux hex wheels for the sc10 and rulux hex wheels for the scte 4x4 the same offset? I was just wondering because I might use the same for each vehicle. Thanks and any info is appreciated!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys. I got the Associated 8in1 hex driver set and figured to show my support for jconcept go with their standard nut driver http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=196
but everywhere it's out of stock. Has this set been discontinued? I hope not.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:30 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
Is the rulux hex wheels for the sc10 and rulux hex wheels for the scte 4x4 the same offset? I was just wondering because I might use the same for each vehicle. Thanks and any info is appreciated!
They are really close; I think they are about 1mm difference. The issue is the inner support ribbing on the sc10 & scte 4x4 wheels are different. The sc10 wheel won't fit the scte unless you remove some of the ribbing to clear the front arms.

Hazard wheels are almost ready for the SCT-E....stay tuned

Hey guys. I got the Associated 8in1 hex driver set and figured to show my support for jconcept go with their standard nut driver http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=196
but everywhere it's out of stock. Has this set been discontinued? I hope not.
Unfortunately they have been discontinued.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What is up with all the temporarily unavailable SC tires in clay compounds?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Paul, What solution do you recomend for tire cleaning and prep while racing. I've tried SG but have since read it will dry out the tires. Is WD40 ok since it's not a degreaser? I run 3 to 4 different tread patterns on each of my vehicles so they only last maybe 8 to 10 weekends. Is that long enough to see the bad affects of SG?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe wd40 softens the tire more drastically than simple green? I wouldn't use it.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:46 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
What is up with all the temporarily unavailable SC tires in clay compounds?
I think the only gold SC tire we are sold out of is Bar Codes and they are in transit. Pressure Points and DD's in gold are in stock.

Paul, What solution do you recomend for tire cleaning and prep while racing. I've tried SG but have since read it will dry out the tires. Is WD40 ok since it's not a degreaser? I run 3 to 4 different tread patterns on each of my vehicles so they only last maybe 8 to 10 weekends. Is that long enough to see the bad affects of SG?
Simple Green works fine and I never heard about it drying out the tires. WD40 works great on tires if you are trying to soften the rubber or revitalize older tires.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
I think the only gold SC tire we are sold out of is Bar Codes and they are in transit. Pressure Points and DD's in gold are in stock.
Thanks for the quick answer. I do most of my business with Tower and Stormer, and both of them had "on order" or "temporarily unavailable" on a ton of stuff, but in particular, bar codes in blue or gold. We have a brand new indoor track (the only one between Orange County and Sacramento) and I have no idea what to run for compounds.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I picked up two sets of hybrids yesterday for my 2wd buggy, they look great, but they did not take glue as well as aka or proline tires.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B00t13g
I picked up two sets of hybrids yesterday for my 2wd buggy, they look great, but they did not take glue as well as aka or proline tires.
Strange...I haven't had or heard of any issues. They are the same "green" super soft compound used for all of our tires. What did you use to clean/prep the tires before gluing and what type of glue?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PW
Strange...I haven't had or heard of any issues. They are the same "green" super soft compound used for all of our tires. What did you use to clean/prep the tires before gluing and what type of glue?
I cleaned/ prepped the same way I always have. Motor spray on the included foams, cut off the extra molding parts let them dry used your tire bands and then glued them using the thin ca glue you get at your lhs in the clear bottle with a blue label. The glue just seemed to run off of the bead and get next to no tackiness. It happened on both pairs. After the first tire I re- cleaned the other three with no change.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Also this was the first time I've ever used your tires. I glued some rebar fronts at the same time with no issues. Idk
Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Not sure what is happening there.

I always use med JC glue without any issues, maybe the thin glue didn't soak in well on the new tires. I actually mounted a set of Hybrids trackside last week just before my run with med JC glue and it was perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.