R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree38Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #4936
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 402
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Impossible question to answer, but I need to ask...

What would be an all around decent tire that will give me longest wear on a slash 4x4? I can't do a new set of tires every other race and I also have two kids with SC trucks to take care of. Since we are all learning we will be getting as much practice as we can.

there are two tracks in my area. One is an indoor clay track (red and really nice) and the other is an outdoor dirt track that seems very packed down and has rocks and pebbles as part of the mix. The clay track is about an hour from me, vs 20 minutes or I would just go there all the time. (plus it's $10 practice and only open 3 days a week.)
MikeInCtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #4937
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc10t3b4 View Post
I run a Rc10T4 since it's release and been a proline fan. But after building this T4.1Ft I'm switching to Jconcept. I love the fit and finish of the tires(didn't even need to balance them) and the bodies is very strong. I hope you guys start pushing the stadium truck market even harder.
Thank you and yes

Quote:
Any slick tires for 1/10 electric in the pipeline??
Not at this time.

Quote:
Impossible question to answer, but I need to ask...

What would be an all around decent tire that will give me longest wear on a slash 4x4? I can't do a new set of tires every other race and I also have two kids with SC trucks to take care of. Since we are all learning we will be getting as much practice as we can.

there are two tracks in my area. One is an indoor clay track (red and really nice) and the other is an outdoor dirt track that seems very packed down and has rocks and pebbles as part of the mix. The clay track is about an hour from me, vs 20 minutes or I would just go there all the time. (plus it's $10 practice and only open 3 days a week.)
Subcultures
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #4938
Tech Elite
 
Outtacontrol58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 2,129
Trader Rating: 91 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to Outtacontrol58
Default

Is the rulux hex wheels for the sc10 and rulux hex wheels for the scte 4x4 the same offset? I was just wondering because I might use the same for each vehicle. Thanks and any info is appreciated!
Outtacontrol58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #4939
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 611
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys. I got the Associated 8in1 hex driver set and figured to show my support for jconcept go with their standard nut driver http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=196
but everywhere it's out of stock. Has this set been discontinued? I hope not.
__________________
HPI-Racing|Team Traxxas|Team Tekin|Spektrum|Jr Racing|Jconcepts|Thunder Power|SPC-Racing
Blitz ESE|Traxxas SRT|Traxxas TCP|Rs Pro 7.5t|DX3C|Z9100s|TP-610C|
World Class Champion's runs World Class Equipment...Go Tekin or go home!
rc10t3b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #4940
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58 View Post
Is the rulux hex wheels for the sc10 and rulux hex wheels for the scte 4x4 the same offset? I was just wondering because I might use the same for each vehicle. Thanks and any info is appreciated!
They are really close; I think they are about 1mm difference. The issue is the inner support ribbing on the sc10 & scte 4x4 wheels are different. The sc10 wheel won't fit the scte unless you remove some of the ribbing to clear the front arms.

Hazard wheels are almost ready for the SCT-E....stay tuned

Quote:
Hey guys. I got the Associated 8in1 hex driver set and figured to show my support for jconcept go with their standard nut driver http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=196
but everywhere it's out of stock. Has this set been discontinued? I hope not.
Unfortunately they have been discontinued.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #4941
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

What is up with all the temporarily unavailable SC tires in clay compounds?
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:23 AM   #4942
Tech Elite
 
elex300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,951
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Paul, What solution do you recomend for tire cleaning and prep while racing. I've tried SG but have since read it will dry out the tires. Is WD40 ok since it's not a degreaser? I run 3 to 4 different tread patterns on each of my vehicles so they only last maybe 8 to 10 weekends. Is that long enough to see the bad affects of SG?
__________________
Erik Everett
EZ Customs (Rc Painting) www.facebook.com/ezcustomspainting
Jconcepts - Trinity/Revtech - Xtreme Hobbies - RCADDICTION Products
elex300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:56 AM   #4943
Tech Elite
 
Quad Racer 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe wd40 softens the tire more drastically than simple green? I wouldn't use it.
__________________
Dylan Gerard

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #4944
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
What is up with all the temporarily unavailable SC tires in clay compounds?
I think the only gold SC tire we are sold out of is Bar Codes and they are in transit. Pressure Points and DD's in gold are in stock.

Quote:
Paul, What solution do you recomend for tire cleaning and prep while racing. I've tried SG but have since read it will dry out the tires. Is WD40 ok since it's not a degreaser? I run 3 to 4 different tread patterns on each of my vehicles so they only last maybe 8 to 10 weekends. Is that long enough to see the bad affects of SG?
Simple Green works fine and I never heard about it drying out the tires. WD40 works great on tires if you are trying to soften the rubber or revitalize older tires.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #4945
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
I think the only gold SC tire we are sold out of is Bar Codes and they are in transit. Pressure Points and DD's in gold are in stock.
Thanks for the quick answer. I do most of my business with Tower and Stormer, and both of them had "on order" or "temporarily unavailable" on a ton of stuff, but in particular, bar codes in blue or gold. We have a brand new indoor track (the only one between Orange County and Sacramento) and I have no idea what to run for compounds.
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #4946
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I picked up two sets of hybrids yesterday for my 2wd buggy, they look great, but they did not take glue as well as aka or proline tires.
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #4947
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
I picked up two sets of hybrids yesterday for my 2wd buggy, they look great, but they did not take glue as well as aka or proline tires.
Strange...I haven't had or heard of any issues. They are the same "green" super soft compound used for all of our tires. What did you use to clean/prep the tires before gluing and what type of glue?
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #4948
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Strange...I haven't had or heard of any issues. They are the same "green" super soft compound used for all of our tires. What did you use to clean/prep the tires before gluing and what type of glue?
I cleaned/ prepped the same way I always have. Motor spray on the included foams, cut off the extra molding parts let them dry used your tire bands and then glued them using the thin ca glue you get at your lhs in the clear bottle with a blue label. The glue just seemed to run off of the bead and get next to no tackiness. It happened on both pairs. After the first tire I re- cleaned the other three with no change.
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #4949
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Also this was the first time I've ever used your tires. I glued some rebar fronts at the same time with no issues. Idk
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #4950
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,393
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Not sure what is happening there.

I always use med JC glue without any issues, maybe the thin glue didn't soak in well on the new tires. I actually mounted a set of Hybrids trackside last week just before my run with med JC glue and it was perfect.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 11:04 AM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 08:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 09:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 03:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 06:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net