Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:38 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J_Bone
Are the Silverado body #0200 on back order? I've been waiting 2 weeks and it still hasn't arrived at my LHS.
The 0200 Chevy bodies are in stock and shipping everyday. Maybe they are ordering multiple items and something else is holding their order up? It's also possible their distributor is out of stock.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
The 0200 Chevy bodies are in stock and shipping everyday. Maybe they are ordering multiple items and something else is holding their order up? It's also possible their distributor is out of stock.
OK thanks.

I try to support my local hobby shop but it times like this that frustrates me. When I need a part and I have to wait for weeks; when I could have ordered direct and had it a week ago.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

How come Rips are not listed on the site?
Old 03-18-2012, 04:17 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=pink_sleeve;10481872]How come Rips are not listed on the site?[/QUOTE

they was there 3 days ago?????
Old 03-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

I went to go order some tires to use the St. Patrick's day discount, but nothing I wanted to buy was available.. I wanted Double Dee's/Green either pre-mounted on Hazards or just Double Dee's/Green with Hazards rims separate and I will glue them together myself. I just need some tires.
I did find 1 item in stock...lol. Great. discount on a $8 item.
What good is the discounts if nothing is available.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Can someone tell me if the Eco punisher body will fit on he eight e 2.0? Not sure if one or the other is longer or fatter? I want the punisher body but I don't want the hole outlines for the nitro.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is there any way to tell what compound tires are once the color dot on the sidewall goes away? I have a lot of tires that I acquired used in package deals but I have no idea what compound they are.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by newspeed
Is there any way to tell what compound tires are once the color dot on the sidewall goes away? I have a lot of tires that I acquired used in package deals but I have no idea what compound they are.
I usually pop a hole in the center of the tread of my tires to allow air and dirt to escape. If you really need to know the color of the foam you can put a hole there and you will be able to see the color of the foam.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

I usually pop a hole in the center of the tread of my tires to allow air and dirt to escape. If you really need to know the color of the foam you can put a hole there and you will be able to see the color of the foam.
I want to know the compound of the tire itself, not the foam.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I know this has probably been asked before and I did a search but didnt get a clear answer.

Im running on an indoor clay track. Occasionally it gets dusty and other times moist.

Ive been running BK's and Tapers with awesome results but the tire wear is ridiculous. Im getting maybe 3 race days out of them. I race once a week and by the third race day they are pretty much done. That includes a full day of practice as well.

I tried blues but they pushed up front, however I hear they are good once broken in, but I have tried gold barcodes up front on my previous cars and they felt really good and smooth. Im just wondering how they feel in the rear as Ive ordered a set to mount up. Will the blues work better after some time (break in) or will the golds work better?

Ive tried some other clay compounds in the past and didnt have much luck when the track dried out. So far in almost all situations the pinks have been working, but Im just looking for a tire that would work just as well with some more life in them...tires can get costly after a while
Old 03-18-2012, 11:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Yeah that didn't help the guy at all...

I want to know the compound of the tire itself, not the foam.
So you wanna know what color dots = what tire compound?
Ok, I would like to know also!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thecman26
So you wanna know what color dots = what tire compound?
Ok, I would like to know also!
No, I think i need to clarify a little. When you purchase tires new the only indication of what compound they are is by a small colored circle painted on the sidewall of the tire. Problem is that colored circle wears off pretty much right away and once its gone you have no way of knowing the compound. My question is whether there is a way to tell what compound tires are after that color circle on the sidewall wears away.

But to help others on color to compound the chart is here.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

[QUOTE=newspeed;10485935]No, I think i need to clarify a little. When you purchase tires new the only indication of what compound they are is by a small colored circle painted on the sidewall of the tire. Problem is that colored circle wears off pretty much right away and once its gone you have no way of knowing the compound. My question is whether there is a way to tell what compound tires are after that color circle on the sidewall wears away.

Nope, unless you can tell a difference by feel or slell, nope. There isn't a special part number somewhere to tell you what compound it is, that's why most guys just run one compound or write the compound inside the rim with a sharpie. Bummer dude!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thecman26
Nope, unless you can tell a difference by feel or slell, nope. There isn't a special part number somewhere to tell you what compound it is, that's why most guys just run one compound or write the compound inside the rim with a sharpie. Bummer dude!
Thats what I am afraid of...I was hoping someone from Jconcepts could chime in and shed some light on the issue. I have dozens of like new Jconcepts tires and adjusting to track conditions without knowing compounds is very frustrating.

Would have made things so much easier for the end user if they had a separate mold or more permanent marking for each compound.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Would have made things so much easier for the end user if they had a separate mold or more permanent marking for each compound.
That would be handy for sure! But unfortunately if they did that, tires would cost $300 a set! Kinda like real cars!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.