Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hey Paul, thanks for the help with tires at the SCK race yesterday. Every time I hear you talk about tires I learn a lot. And thanks for supporting the series, I won one of the gift certificates and bought some more tires haha, they were working well.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Body for sure Will have to gauge the market for stadium truck regarding wheels.
Any chance we will ever see a green bar code? Especially since proline released an M4 suburbs and they rock!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm sure this has been covered ad nauseum, but I just can't read 300+ pages...

I just put a JC Ford Raptor SVT body on my SC10, and I need to cut some vent holes in the rear half of the body.

Any ideas on how to execute this cleanly? Pics?

Thanks for the support on the forum!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OnlyVees

I just put a JC Ford Raptor SVT body on my SC10, and I need to cut some vent holes in the rear half of the body.

Put on some good soothing music and pull out your dremel. Start with a smallish drill bit to open up a few small holes. Keep going from there.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:11 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MattB11741
Any Stadium Truck Closed Cell Foam's???

Thanks,
Being looked into...

Any idea when more Green Compound SC Barcodes will be available? They've been out of stock for quite a while everywhere I've looked. They've been out of stock at at Tower for long that they've gone from taking them on backorder to simply calling them "unavailable."

I love the tires but I hate having to buy a six month supply in one shot because finding/buying them "on demand" seems to be a Jconcepts' recurring issue.
They are scheduled to arrive this week. Supply and demand has certainly been up (Horizon Hobby picked us up for 2011) and we are working hard to get caught up; unfortunately the "closed-cell" inserts take 3 or 4 times as long to produce compared to tires.

Any chance we will ever see a green bar code?
Stay tuned...

You can watch this vid from the 3:15 minute mark on to see how we do it. Another sample of cutting out the panels - Vid
Old 01-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

I picked up some JConcepts Hazard wheels for the SC10 4x4 the other day.
When I got home and took them out of the bag I noticed that both sets (4 wheels) had hairline cracks surrounding the 12mm hex potion of the inside hub. I took them back to Hobby People to exchange for another 2 sets but they had hairline cracks in those two sets as well. These are not mold lines. The cracks are at different places surrounding the inside hub.

Has anyone else noticed this in their wheels and or had a problem cracking hubs when running? I don't feel like mounting these and wasting a set of brand new tires.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by PW
Stay tuned...
Oh really, green ST bar codes... Sweet!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by F_ME
I picked up some JConcepts Hazard wheels for the SC10 4x4 the other day.
When I got home and took them out of the bag I noticed that both sets (4 wheels) had hairline cracks surrounding the 12mm hex potion of the inside hub. I took them back to Hobby People to exchange for another 2 sets but they had hairline cracks in those two sets as well. These are not mold lines. The cracks are at different places surrounding the inside hub.

Has anyone else noticed this in their wheels and or had a problem cracking hubs when running? I don't feel like mounting these and wasting a set of brand new tires.
I haven't, but I only run Rulux when I buy their wheels...
Old 01-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I have purchased 6 complete sets of Hazard wheels and none of those 24 wheels have any cracks etc even after racing a few weeks.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default New to SC

Hi guys,
Ex-On road guy just made the switch and to be honest I'm on thread study overload after the weekend. I'm gonna cheat on this one and ask before searching (this is my apology in advance)

I run a FT SC10 4X2 and am interested in the hex conversion on the rear but like the current bearing set-up in the front so what I'd like to avoid is a backspacing mismatch with new wheels. I don't care about the look of a wheel so which flavor/ model doesnt matter, can someone give me the part numbers for the rear and front wheels that will help me maintain current backspacing given my set-up? Any input you guys can lend is most appreciated!!!!!

Kevin
Old 01-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default hex it up

Originally Posted by Leadfinger2011
Hi guys,
Ex-On road guy just made the switch and to be honest I'm on thread study overload after the weekend. I'm gonna cheat on this one and ask before searching (this is my apology in advance)

I run a FT SC10 4X2 and am interested in the hex conversion on the rear but like the current bearing set-up in the front so what I'd like to avoid is a backspacing mismatch with new wheels. I don't care about the look of a wheel so which flavor/ model doesnt matter, can someone give me the part numbers for the rear and front wheels that will help me maintain current backspacing given my set-up? Any input you guys can lend is most appreciated!!!!!

Kevin
order the ae parts of the rs and hex it up, j concepts makes the hexs in alum as well. The parts are very durable. then all you need are Hazards black or white.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by bigdaddyquale
order the ae parts of the rs and hex it up, j concepts makes the hexs in alum as well. The parts are very durable. then all you need are Hazards black or white.
I just did the hex swap on my X-Factory sct and WISH that J-Concepts made a front aluminum hex! The plastic ones drive me nuts! ALWAYS getting stuck in the rim when you go to swap out tires...
Old 01-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Just thought I would ask and not sure if it has been asked but is there any plans to make foams and tires for the losi mini 8ight? I would love some gold barcodes for my local indoor track
Old 01-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
I just did the hex swap on my X-Factory sct and WISH that J-Concepts made a front aluminum hex! The plastic ones drive me nuts! ALWAYS getting stuck in the rim when you go to swap out tires...
Like this?

http://blog.jconcepts.net/2011/11/ne...or-sc10-front/
Old 01-17-2012, 12:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by ray_munday
Yeah, just like that!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.