R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree33Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #4066
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,385
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoh View Post
when would u choose the barcode v2 over the originals?
I find that the V2 has more cornerspeed giving the car more rotation and steering. So if the track is super high grip then go with the V2's.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #4067
Tech Adept
 
racer_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A. Racer View Post
sounds like my track and double dee's and flip outs are the best
sweet. good lookin out. what about 4wd fronts? also what color compound? and are the jconcepts inserts too stiff? thanks
racer_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #4068
Tech Adept
 
James Tanous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I Keep getting knots in my foams after only a few uses. I cut the inside edge off of the foams before mounting. Is this causing the knots or is there any other reason you can think of of why I keep having this problem? Thanks.
James Tanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #4069
Tech Elite
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,507
Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default

any plans on making a raptor body for the losi SCTE?
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #4070
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,385
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanous View Post
I Keep getting knots in my foams after only a few uses. I cut the inside edge off of the foams before mounting. Is this causing the knots or is there any other reason you can think of of why I keep having this problem? Thanks.
Sounds like you might be using thin glue and it's getting into the foam. Cut the tire open and see what is going on in there.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #4071
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,385
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
any plans on making a raptor body for the losi SCTE?
Yes
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #4072
Tech Regular
 
scootinround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Winter Haven,Florida
Posts: 326
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanous View Post
I Keep getting knots in my foams after only a few uses. I cut the inside edge off of the foams before mounting. Is this causing the knots or is there any other reason you can think of of why I keep having this problem? Thanks.
Yes definetly sounds like a glue issue....When your done with that tire cut it apart and if there is a rock hard foam on the outside of the foam it is from the foam sucking up the glue....Any brand tire will do that if the foam comes in contact with the glue.
__________________
Matt Scott
Special thanks to: VIPER RC SOLUTIONS---PRO-LINE RACING---
RЯE Models at RREmodels.com for all your heli and RC car and truck needs---UPGRADERC.COM
Florida Indoor R/C Complex--Indoor Carpet Onroad and Fri Night Carpet offroad Racing--
scootinround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #4073
Tech Elite
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,507
Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
any plans on making a raptor body for the losi SCTE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Yes
any idea of a time frame? and if so, what is it?

specific enough for you?
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #4074
Tech Adept
 
James Tanous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Sounds like you might be using thin glue and it's getting into the foam. Cut the tire open and see what is going on in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootinround View Post
Yes definetly sounds like a glue issue....When your done with that tire cut it apart and if there is a rock hard foam on the outside of the foam it is from the foam sucking up the glue....Any brand tire will do that if the foam comes in contact with the glue.
Thanks I'll check that out.
James Tanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:34 AM   #4075
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,385
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
any idea of a time frame? and if so, what is it?

specific enough for you?
Hoping end of July/early August.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #4076
Tech Elite
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,507
Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Hoping end of July/early August.
sweet! i have the raptor body for my SC10 and i love the looks and durability of it. will definitely be getting one for the SCTE when they come out.
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #4077
Tech Regular
 
Wolf1007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Guys,

Are any of you putting vent holes in your 1/10th scale buggy rear tires? I am running V2 Barcodes with the molded blue inserts and I did vent them; however, when I wash them, they seems to be sucking up a ton more water than my 1/8th scales tires do. Is there really a need to vent the 1/10th scale buggy tires? Thanks for the help!

Jim
Wolf1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #4078
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,739
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf1007 View Post
Guys,

Are any of you putting vent holes in your 1/10th scale buggy rear tires? I am running V2 Barcodes with the molded blue inserts and I did vent them; however, when I wash them, they seems to be sucking up a ton more water than my 1/8th scales tires do. Is there really a need to vent the 1/10th scale buggy tires? Thanks for the help!

Jim
Not necessary for 1/10th scale tires
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #4079
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Not necessary for 1/10th scale tires
When running CC foams you should run a holes in your tires, when your running the standard foam I don't bother. The resin for cc insert is from what I felt and seen is that air doesnt pass threw between the rim and tire and I could even tell a diffrance on the track the tire didnt feel so bouncy. Eather way you still should bc it will help get any water or dirt that got in the tire from the hole in the wheel.



Ty
__________________
MooreHobbies.com
x60Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #4080
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,739
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x60Driver View Post
When running CC foams you should run a holes in your tires, when your running the standard foam I don't bother. The resin for cc insert is from what I felt and seen is that air doesnt pass threw between the rim and tire and I could even tell a diffrance on the track the tire didnt feel so bouncy. Eather way you still should bc it will help get any water or dirt that got in the tire from the hole in the wheel.



Ty
Really? I've never seen or heard of that... I have always been told by sponsored and nonsponsored drivers drill a hole in the wheel, not the tire.
Now 1/8th scale I have seen both schools of thought out there and they both work just as well. Just not on 1/10th scale!
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 11:04 AM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 08:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 09:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 03:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 06:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:18 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net