Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree38Likes

Old 10-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #3196
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razathorn View Post
Turns out that my gold bar codes never got ordered because they were out of stock -- but I happened to get a moment to check out some gold bar codes at the track last night and I have to say that the golds are WAY harder than m3 proline tires. What on earth! At this rate, I'd be getting greens!
Keep in mind the gold bar codes are a completely different rubber. The chemical make-up is what makes it work or not for indoor damp clay tracks, not the hardness. Gold bar codes feel much harder than even our own green or blue compounds, but work much better for indoor damp clay tracks. Even PL's indoor compound is much harder than their own M3.

Basically if you are an average club racer and just want a hooked up car then Green, Blue or even M3 will work great. If you're consistantly fighting for 1st place in the A-main then you will need to run Golds or Clay compound tires for those extra 1/10ths of a sec. Again; this is for indoor damp clay surfaces.

Here is a track (S&N Trackside) where Bar Codes are the hot tire....
http://www.youtube.com/user/mdoggmu#p/a/u/0/b7j8pTkOkow

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"

Last edited by PW; 10-22-2009 at 11:38 AM.
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #3197
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

Quote:
Turns out that my gold bar codes never got ordered because they were out of stock -- but I happened to get a moment to check out some gold bar codes at the track last night and I have to say that the golds are WAY harder than m3 proline tires. What on earth! At this rate, I'd be getting greens!
Like PW said golds have a harder carcass, they are for those clay tracks that when you feel it, they feel kinda like a tar. On a top-soil track like ours, gold is probably not the top choice.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #3198
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is our track in STL where Blue compound barcodes is the hot ticket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70QfOwRkWYg
Old 10-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #3199
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Keep in mind the gold bar codes are a completely different rubber. The chemical make-up is what makes it work or not for indoor damp clay tracks, not the hardness. Gold bar codes feel much harder than even our own green or blue compounds, but work much better for indoor damp clay tracks. Even PL's indoor compound is much harder than their own M3.

Basically if you are an average club racer and just want a hooked up car then Green, Blue or even M3 will work great. If you're consistantly fighting for 1st place in the A-main then you will need to run Golds or Clay compound tires for those extra 1/10ths of a sec. Again; this is for indoor damp clay surfaces.

Here is a track (S&N Trackside) where Bar Codes are the hot tire....
http://www.youtube.com/user/mdoggmu#p/a/u/0/b7j8pTkOkow
my track man, that is an ooold video. yeah, gold barcodes are a new item here, and i run them. really, they are the fastest tire yet. we used to run clay slicks but now we dont water the track every 20 min. really nice. mine have a good amount of use and the foams are still fresh, and alot of tread left. i put two weeks on full tapers and they are dead. i put a month and maybe a week and the treads are like new. great tires, and nice looking rims
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #3200
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So... why on earth don't bar codes come in green? Suburbs come in m3 -- codes should come in green! M3 suburbs work so well at our moist packed track, it's really a shame we can't try some green codes to see how they'd do.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:46 AM   #3201
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
So... why on earth don't bar codes come in green? Suburbs come in m3 -- codes should come in green! M3 suburbs work so well at our moist packed track, it's really a shame we can't try some green codes to see how they'd do.
There really wouldn't be much use for a Green Bar Code. If you need a rubber that soft, the Green Double Dees should work, or Blue Bar Codes which are soft as well.
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #3202
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
I agree! Why not make them available? Let the drivers decide what to run, not dictate what they should run! I think a green code would be good but its not available so people are buying m3 suburbs or the pink hot bodies braces which work great! Just my $0.02....
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #3203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
I agree! Why not make them available? Let the drivers decide what to run, not dictate what they should run! I think a green code would be good but its not available so people are buying m3 suburbs or the pink hot bodies braces which work great! Just my $0.02....
keep in mind that the JC team has probably tested this and blue probably works better in most cases, so it would not be profitable to make them in green
Old 10-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #3204
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Got a question. My track was prodominatly a green DD track, but latley pink BK bars/taper pins have been the hot tires. What JC Bar Code compound would be comparable to Losi pink?
tazz888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #3205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripthreat View Post
There really wouldn't be much use for a Green Bar Code. If you need a rubber that soft, the Green Double Dees should work, or Blue Bar Codes which are soft as well.
+1

Speedtechrc.com / Team Orion USA / Airtronics / Proline / Bartalone Racing / rcinsider.com / 818Designs
What up? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #3206
Tech Regular

Thumbs up AE Is Killer Of All......

Let's hear from the Utah Boyz on what there tire choice is. any Words of "Recommendation" on tires out there!

In March New Era Begins IN 2wd Buggy ..
Ae*Driver*70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #3207
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz888 View Post
Got a question. My track was prodominatly a green DD track, but latley pink BK bars/taper pins have been the hot tires. What JC Bar Code compound would be comparable to Losi pink?
Ron,

If the track is clean enough for BK's then blue barcodes will work well. I've used them at RCHR before with good results.

Pro-Line RacingHobbywingMIPBOOMrcFutabaPT RC Racing Oils
CCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #3208
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz888 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCristo View Post
Ron,

If the track is clean enough for BK's then blue barcodes will work well. I've used them at RCHR before with good results.
The Pink equivalent is Gold, but you may want to try Blue's first, they just maybe better than Pinks..
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #3209
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default tires

How should the Barcodes be mounted, smaller pattern on the inside or outside for both front and rear? Thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #3210
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrg2 View Post
How should the Barcodes be mounted, smaller pattern on the inside or outside for both front and rear? Thanks

Y on the inside is how I use them and always see them but I dont think it matters.
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote