Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The indoor season is here....how about some SCT barcodes
Lowrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #3182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For what it's worth... I run at similar tracks to Fast Lane, where the "clay" tires are used. (pink taper-bk bars,clay switch) Last year we started running Gold Barcodes at two of these tracks and that was the dialed tire. A couple other guys ran Blue compound when the track got dry. When it's nice and wet (sticky) we run Gold.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:45 AM   #3183
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to clintscreations Send a message via Yahoo to clintscreations

Gold bar codes did not work so well.....blue worked better......double dee's worked most of the time along w/ holeshots so far this year it seems suburbs seem to be the tire of choice at fastlane
kcrc - shawnee, ks
clintscreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:29 AM   #3184
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

According to the JC tire chart there is a green barcode. When will those be available?

Pro-Line RacingHobbywingMIPBOOMrcFutabaPT RC Racing Oils
CCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #3185
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintscreations View Post
Gold bar codes did not work so well.....blue worked better......double dee's worked most of the time along w/ holeshots so far this year it seems suburbs seem to be the tire of choice at fastlane
Who tried the golds?
Old 10-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #3186
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razathorn View Post
I already ordered the golds earlier in the day, but in any case:

We are in kansas at an indoor dirt track. The dirt is hard packed moist (with a packer machine and from a race line developing. The surface looks like dirt colored wet clay -- it isn't clay, but it is a very fine dirt that you could mold somewhat like clay with your hands (i.e. it makes great dirt balls for throwing). Through the night, the track will take rubber, but only a light grove will develop in certain places like jump aces and busy fast corners -- that groove might appear blue if the dirt wasn't so dark, but it almost looks black (but I wouldn't call it black grove because it isn't from tons of rubber on the track).

My m3 holeshots work good normally. The other night it was especially slick as some track treatment was coming out, but worn in holeshots were hooked well. Soft suburbs work great too. I have run soft goose bumps there as well and they worked pretty good, better if the track was messy, but the hole shots were better and more sure footed all around. Some folks were playing around with the idea of running slicks, but that didn't work well for them at all .

Here's a video if that helps:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Just by looking at the video, I would say Gold Bar Codes. They generally feel a little freer, but lead to quicker lap times. If Holeshots are generally the good tire at the track, then Green Double Dees might work pretty good as well. Alot of times, Holeshots and Double Dees might feel better than Bar Codes, but if you check LT's, they are usually slower. At OCRC, it is the same conditions, Double Dees feel great, and Gold Codes feel free, but there are about 1 second per lap faster!
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #3187
TLRacing

Quote:
The Suburbs, sometimes feel a little better, but don't do faster LT's and wear more than twice as fast... something to keep in mind
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Old 10-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #3188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

I tried gold barcodes at CRCRC a few weeks ago when the track was damp. My stuff felt pretty good. This past weekend...same track....but dried up and there was a groove in the lanes. Truck felt aweful with barcodes. Buggy not so much. I switched to pink Tapers on my buggy and it was much better. I was at a loss as I didn't have more tire options for my truck. Gold seems to be a great tire when damp, but when track is dry...would blue comp. been better?

Heres a link to what the track was like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2aei...layer_embedded
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #3189
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
I tried gold barcodes at CRCRC a few weeks ago when the track was damp. My stuff felt pretty good. This past weekend...same track....but dried up and there was a groove in the lanes. Truck felt aweful with barcodes. Buggy not so much. I switched to pink Tapers on my buggy and it was much better. I was at a loss as I didn't have more tire options for my truck. Gold seems to be a great tire when damp, but when track is dry...would blue comp. been better?

Heres a link to what the track was like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2aei...layer_embedded
I would try the blues, but I might be a Green Double Dee type of thing. It is really hard to tell w/o running on that track at that time. I have run at that track before, but not since the JC 1/10 tires have come out.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #3190
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to clintscreations Send a message via Yahoo to clintscreations

We tried golds last year and someone tried then on the new layout.....they seem to just skim the dirt like your on ice
I liked running blue codes and double dees .......would like to try a little harded dd it might be the hot ticket
kcrc - shawnee, ks
clintscreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #3191
Tech Master

Quote:
We tried golds last year and someone tried then on the new layout.....they seem to just skim the dirt like your on ice
I liked running blue codes and double dees .......would like to try a little harded dd it might be the hot ticket
Yeah, but on the new layout (the new track treatment), did they run them at least 2 heats worth of track time? Steve and I both ran new sets of holeshots (m3) last week for the main and we were both sliding around like we were on ice as well. I couldn't clear tiny doubles because If I got on it I would get sideways -- with a straight take off! Very disappointing being in the top 3 of 8 going into the main and then finishing 7th. Last week it really was about your tires being worn in. My nearly worn out holeshots were working very well in round 3. I only switched because I didn't want to lose traction in the middle of the main if they let go. After the mains, I threw my car back out, and like the very last part of the main, it was really hooking up well once the tires wore in.

We'll have to see how they do for me after I burn em in. They're already ordered at this point. I have to at least hope and try
Old 10-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #3192
TLRacing

Gold Bar Codes to have a 2-3 pack 'break in' period. They usually get better after a couple of packs.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #3193
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripthreat View Post
Gold Bar Codes to have a 2-3 pack 'break in' period. They usually get better after a couple of packs.
We'll find out. I've got m3 holeshots for when it dries out a little
Old 10-22-2009, 06:01 AM   #3194
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

It's time again; RCSignup/JConcepts SuperCup 2009 - Round 3 - Fall

Last chance to save $5.00 - Get those pre-entries in today
http://tracks.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=1167

For anyone planning on attending the JConcepts Bash:

Sign-up for the JConcepts Bash this Saturday October 24th at the Super Cup and receive a pre-entry accessory pack. This offer is also good for the drivers that enter online or have already signed up prior to the Super Cup event. You can redeem this pack at the Super Cup or on Bash day October 31st. You must pre-enter online or at the Super Cup to qualify.

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #3195
Tech Master

Turns out that my gold bar codes never got ordered because they were out of stock -- but I happened to get a moment to check out some gold bar codes at the track last night and I have to say that the golds are WAY harder than m3 proline tires. What on earth! At this rate, I'd be getting greens!