R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #2686
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBLUE View Post
So is it for a pair or a set?
A set.
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #2687
Tech Elite
 
RCBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 2,081
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
A set.
Thats whatI needed to know. Thanks.
__________________
Don't sweat the petty things...........Pet the sweaty things!!

Serpent America
Lunsford Racing
RCBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #2688
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, is there any word on the super soft goosebumps? I need to get some more, I see plenty of fronts around but I been having trouble finding rears.
JoshM20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #2689
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,377
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshM20 View Post
Hey guys, is there any word on the super soft goosebumps? I need to get some more, I see plenty of fronts around but I been having trouble finding rears.
There's been a slight delay on inserts, should have something this week
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:09 AM   #2690
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
There's been a slight delay on inserts, should have something this week
+1.
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #2691
Tech Fanatic
 
rgrg2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 826
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default spoiler

What is the best way to attach the spoiler to the xxxt-cr Illuzion body? The body did come with 2 small screws and 2 small plastic nut looking pieces with holes in the middle, just not sure on exactly how to use them. Thanks in advance for any info.
__________________
Associated B6D B6 MT4S Jconcepts Reedy Schurr Speed Hobbywing Tekin
rgrg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 AM   #2692
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrg2 View Post
What is the best way to attach the spoiler to the xxxt-cr Illuzion body? The body did come with 2 small screws and 2 small plastic nut looking pieces with holes in the middle, just not sure on exactly how to use them. Thanks in advance for any info.
There should be two small dimples indicating where to drill the holes for the screws. Typically the screws are run from the topside of the body and the nuts are placed underneath. Using a strip of servo tap between the spoiler and the body is a good idea as well, so its better supported.
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:37 AM   #2693
Tech Fanatic
 
rgrg2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 826
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default spoiler

Thank you Andy
__________________
Associated B6D B6 MT4S Jconcepts Reedy Schurr Speed Hobbywing Tekin
rgrg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #2694
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Kissimmee,Fl.
Posts: 4,887
Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim
Default

Some freshie JConcepts bodies just mailed out....








...Jim
W.E.D.
__________________
www.wedjim.com ...Closed down due to heavy work load I couldn't keep up with and maintain my primary job. But I'm still painting, just not with 40+ bodies waiting. :)
www.prolineracing.com
www.HarleyDavidson.com
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #2695
Tech Elite
 
tschenck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wolcott, CT
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

those first 2 look very familar. I wonder if they are going to a guy at my local track.
__________________
Pro-Line/MIP/Team Scream Racing/Dirt Skins
Wolcott Hobby/RCHR
Losi 22 4.0 hobbywing xr10 pro stock spec, tsr 17.5
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #2696
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 1/8th Electric

Andy-
Losi eight E 1.0 running at FTR, CRCRC, Leisure Hours. Been running Pink Tapers and they're pushing. Thinking of getting gold sevens? Do they make Gold Barcodes for 1/8th yet?

Any other ideas or combinations?
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #2697
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle everett View Post
Andy-
Losi eight E 1.0 running at FTR, CRCRC, Leisure Hours. Been running Pink Tapers and they're pushing. Thinking of getting gold sevens? Do they make Gold Barcodes for 1/8th yet?

Any other ideas or combinations?

I would try a set of Gold Sevens and see what you think, just make sure to prepare them in a similar manner to Pinks. You might want to get some firm foam as well.
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:55 AM   #2698
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 438
Default

Hi guys, Andy, I need some advice on foam trimming. I just picked up a new set of 2.2 Goosebumps front and rear (man the rears are hard to get a hold of...). I have very little experience trimming foams since just recently got back into the hobby and in the old days there were no foams...

So basically I have no problems trimming the inside edge for fitting to the rim. But what I was wondering is about trimming the outside edge to fit the natural curve of the tire?

Do you guys do this to your goosebumps? Or do you leave it square. I'm wondering what this will change on the tire itself.

Any help/advice with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

CODMAN
CODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #2699
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODMAN View Post
Hi guys, Andy, I need some advice on foam trimming. I just picked up a new set of 2.2 Goosebumps front and rear (man the rears are hard to get a hold of...). I have very little experience trimming foams since just recently got back into the hobby and in the old days there were no foams...

So basically I have no problems trimming the inside edge for fitting to the rim. But what I was wondering is about trimming the outside edge to fit the natural curve of the tire?

Do you guys do this to your goosebumps? Or do you leave it square. I'm wondering what this will change on the tire itself.

Any help/advice with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

CODMAN
You can trim the outside edge in a similar manner if you wish, but we typically dont. The carcass of the tire is strong enough to crush that little bit of foam down without changing the profile of the tire. Also...make sure you cut about 1/4" off the foams when running them in the 4wd fronts or you'll end up with a very firm feeling tire.
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #2700
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 438
Default

Thanks so much for the advice Andy! It's greatly appreciated, as are the great quality products from JConcepts!

CODMAN
CODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 11:04 AM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 08:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 09:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 03:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 06:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net