R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree33Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #2371
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pimping Old Hoes .
Posts: 597
Thumbs up AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

Yes your correcto..
losidriver70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #2372
Tech Champion
 
dgullickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I'm a Dork Fish
Posts: 7,662
Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillySnarf View Post
Alright, Santa is gettin me a few sets of tires from JC this year.. I just wanted to make sure/ or know if these tires on the sight some two to a pack? For instance, part no 3016 for 10.87.. that is for TWO bar code tires? correct?
Yep, 1 pair, or 2 tires. However you want to look at it...
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:46 AM   #2373
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx.
Posts: 572
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the quick replies.. Just makin sure Santa didnt come up short this year!!
BillySnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #2374
Tech Elite
 
W.E.D.Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Kissimmee,Fl.
Posts: 4,905
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim
Default

Pair = 2
Set = 4




Wheel is the plastic part

Tire is the rubber

Rim is what is at the top of a toilet tank. hahaha




...Jim
W.E.D.
__________________
www.wedjim.com ...Reopening soon. I'm still painting, just not with 40+ bodies waiting. :)
www.prolineracing.com
www.HarleyDavidson.com
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #2375
J_P
Tech Addict
 
J_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: @ JConcepts
Posts: 662
Default

Great, this thread has gone to the crapper......lol
__________________
JConcepts * Associated * Reedy
J_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #2376
Tech Elite
 
rdub202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: TeamAcademy/MRC, MI
Posts: 2,359
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rdub202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim View Post
Rim is what is at the top of a toilet tank. hahaha

...Jim
W.E.D.
haha, i always bust people's chops with that.

guy: "check out my new rims dogggg!"

me: "wow, did they come with new wheels too?"

guy: "huh?"
__________________
_|Team Academy GV2 Pro_|_Team Academy SBV2 Pro|_--->Losi xxxbK2 (FOR SALE)
_|Factory Tracks Midwest Series_|_www.factorytracks.com|_
_|Team Upgrade-RCid_|_www.upgrade-rc.com|_
_|MRC/Team Academy_|_www.modelrec.com|_
rdub202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #2377
Tech Regular
 
Viking Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Gold bar codes

The gold bar codes are dialed on pink taper tracks. I ran the golds front and rear in super stock; and pink x-2000, x-3000, and bk bars on the rear, and pink tapers on the front in modified. Usually we run pink tapers to slicks with wd-40; the track was a little wet. The ss 10.5 buggy was 11 seconds faster in the a-main which i won, and much more hooked up than any pink losi combination. I had a few bobbles in mod 8.5, and a second or two pulling over for the sponsored guys. I run a losi cr, and two of losi's best sponsored racers commented on how hooked up my buggy was.
The bar codes did not suddenly break loose in the rear like the losi, and was more consistent in the front. And the great thing is they last way longer. I would have used up a set of tapers and/or bk bars in each class. I can run these anohter week or two. The front foams are too soft i think, i used a stock losi foam which seemed about right. I'm going to try stock panther foams which are a little firmer than the losi next.

I haven't had a chance to wear them down to slicks yet, and the track hasn't called for slicks. We always use wd-40 on our pink losi tires, but i hear from a j concepts sponsored racer not to "sauce" the tires until they are about bald.

I hope this helps.
Viking Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #2378
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Daytona Beach FL
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim View Post

Rim is what is at the top of a toilet tank. hahaha




...Jim
W.E.D.

So what is a rim job then Jim?

And will you are at it, what would it mean to "play above the rim" in that sense of the word?
__________________
Tim Davis

Last edited by SirSpeedy; 12-19-2008 at 01:36 PM.
SirSpeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #2379
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Gold buggy tires

Where can I get gold front and rear 2.2 buggy tires? Please pm me.
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #2380
Tech Adept
 
Jason Ruona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Racing View Post
The gold bar codes are dialed on pink taper tracks. I ran the golds front and rear in super stock; and pink x-2000, x-3000, and bk bars on the rear, and pink tapers on the front in modified. Usually we run pink tapers to slicks with wd-40; the track was a little wet. The ss 10.5 buggy was 11 seconds faster in the a-main which i won, and much more hooked up than any pink losi combination. I had a few bobbles in mod 8.5, and a second or two pulling over for the sponsored guys. I run a losi cr, and two of losi's best sponsored racers commented on how hooked up my buggy was.
The bar codes did not suddenly break loose in the rear like the losi, and was more consistent in the front. And the great thing is they last way longer. I would have used up a set of tapers and/or bk bars in each class. I can run these anohter week or two. The front foams are too soft i think, i used a stock losi foam which seemed about right. I'm going to try stock panther foams which are a little firmer than the losi next.

I haven't had a chance to wear them down to slicks yet, and the track hasn't called for slicks. We always use wd-40 on our pink losi tires, but i hear from a j concepts sponsored racer not to "sauce" the tires until they are about bald.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for the information.
Jason Ruona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #2381
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

We've released the ‘Carvers’, a 1/10th truck front tire perfect for a variety of track surfaces. The sharp angular and directional ribs provide the ultimate in control and direction on the most common dry and wet condition surfaces, while the compact tire body combined with the JConcepts firm foam inserts allow for precise steering input and response for very consistent lap times. In new condition they excel on low traction surfaces as well as high “loamy” traction wet surfaces where no rubber has been taken into the racing surface. Worn versions excel on indoor or outdoor clay tracks where a light blue groove has formed. Available in sticky soft Blue compound and include firm foam inserts.

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=273

__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #2382
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Those look like the proline tires that come with the t4.
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #2383
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Those look like the proline tires that come with the t4.
The difference is in the details...
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:24 PM   #2384
Tech Elite
 
tschenck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wolcott, CT
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Those look like the proline tires that come with the t4.
They do look very similar to the proline edge as you said. Looks like they added smaller ribs between the larger ones though.
__________________
Pro-Line/MIP/Team Scream Racing/Dirt Skins
Wolcott Hobby/RCHR
Losi 22 4.0 hobbywing xr10 pro stock spec, tsr 17.5
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #2385
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschenck View Post
They do look very similar to the proline edge as you said. Looks like they added smaller ribs between the larger ones though.
Rib heights are different, along with spacing...and the added center ribs/dual single ribs.
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 11:04 AM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 08:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 09:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 03:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 06:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net