Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

We NEED Bar Codes for truck. J-Concepts, please make them.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I second (or third ...whichever) the bar code 4wd fronts and truck rears!!! Also when do we get to see the rulux for the t4 and j82???? they are lookin sad with old shoes
Old 06-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4wd Racer
1.) Is there any way to use JConcepts Rulux based wheels on the front of the Losi 2wd xxx-cr buggy, or creative ways to improvise to use them in front of the 2wd? Let me know.

2.) Also am I correct to assume it's okay to use Rulux based wheels on the rear of the Losi 2wd/4wd, as well as the front of the 4wd, without any concern of alerting off-set or legal widths when going from Losi wheels to those Rulux wheels far as legality goes, etc?

Thanks,
Trust me my man, your taking a step backwards with modding for these wheels. They arent as strong and hurt the handling slightly. I know they look really cool but stick with the dish's i tried these spokers.

Last edited by Jason Pelletier; 06-09-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sounds good, lol, thanks for letting me know. I was wondering there for a while.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
New bar code tires work good. I like them. They are similar to the bk bar but tend to work alittle better when the track dry's out alittle. On a really moist track the bkbar is better. It's great to have this option now and if they are made in a rear truck tire or a 4wd front it would be sweet.

The best thing about these tires is they are easy to glue and break in in a rush and the foam is like a bomb one. Good job on the barcodes guys.

Beat my best lap time by 2 tenths with these on the rear of my b4.
good to hear. I ordered a set to try out at RCHR.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tschenck
good to hear. I ordered a set to try out at RCHR.
I would imagine they would be perfect. The rounders werent bad but i think i should have used a pink taper pin up front cause they felt good before i glued the rounders up. I was more concerned about wearing those out cause the track was getting really dry. I think a clay bobcat with these barcodes would be a great tire combo there for me to try next time i make the trip. I had a blast racing there.

With those DD's my 4whl was hooked coming off the straight and through the infield. The foams are great that come with these tires.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I have been running holeshots and groovy's. I also tried the bobcats in the front but went back to the ribbed front. I just mounted up a set of DD's so I plan on trying those wednesday night. According to Mark and Kyle the DD's wear better. Also mounted up silver tapers so I will try those too.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:39 AM
PW
Tech Elite

1.) Is there any way to use JConcepts Rulux based wheels on the front of the Losi 2wd xxx-cr buggy, or creative ways to improvise to use them in front of the 2wd? Let me know.

2.) Also am I correct to assume it's okay to use Rulux based wheels on the rear of the Losi 2wd/4wd, as well as the front of the 4wd, without any concern of alerting off-set or legal widths when going from Losi wheels to those Rulux wheels far as legality goes, etc?

Thanks,
It's probably not worth the hassle of trying to convert, but in NO WAY does this wheel hinder performance as one is suggesting!
Old 06-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Jconcepts race

Does any one know when and where the Jconcepts race is for the 2008 season? I think last year it was the first week of Dec in tampa, fl.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just ran the Bar codes for the first time on the new track in Huntington CA with Red Losi Block heads in the front, Great combination until the front Bar code is released. Ended up TQing and winning the main with this combo, and the car just felt great the whole night and had very little tire wear.

Great job JC on putting together some good tires for us to use.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PW
It's probably not worth the hassle of trying to convert, but in NO WAY does this wheel hinder performance as one is suggesting!
It's not as aerodynamic...... we know whats up here in NY... everybody switched to the rulux and then we all switched back cause they didn't handle as well.

I wish they did cause i like how there are 2 pin slots.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

mayfield dosn't seem to mind the aerodynamics of the spoke wheel
Old 06-10-2008, 09:12 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Maifield
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ballisticsart
mayfield dosn't seem to mind the aerodynamics of the spoke wheel

I don't care if maifield likes chocolate syrup on his pancakes. I'll take good ol'maple syrup....

so is a spoke design more aero efficent then a dish design.... ?? ask maifield he might know.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thanks,
A while back I and several others converted out B4's to use Losi front wheels. We felt they were straighter and more durable, not to mention the conveience of not having to mess with the bearings. One could put AE axle blocks on a losi but you will have to use the AE diameter steering hinge pin (drill out the C-hub) so you'd have to find something that would take e-clips, AE doesn't. The AE steering arm is also way shorter which could do weird things to your steering feel because of the ackerman change. PW is probably right, it's not really worth the trouble. Just keep beating these guys up to make Rulux wheels for the Losi.

The rears have the same offset as AE and Losi, they are meant to be compatible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.