R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree38Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #1741
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Nice results John, Im glad the tires are working for you. Its nice to get such a detailed look at racing in another area of North America; your blog site is sweet!
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #1742
Tech Master
 
Kyosho_101's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,305
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kyosho_101
Default

So andy have you packed my little order

If things keep going the way they are you are going to have to sleep at the warehouse
Kyosho_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #1743
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosho_101 View Post
So andy have you packed my little order

If things keep going the way they are you are going to have to sleep at the warehouse
There are two

And youre correct, I would have to sleep at the warehouse at this rate, haha. pm sent.
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #1744
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

The JConcepts RCSignup.com SuperCup!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...10#post4424410
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #1745
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

New video is up, the Cactus Classic. I know its a little late...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zav0imV3mbA
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #1746
Super Moderator
 
tmail55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sunny Florida!!!!!
Posts: 3,278
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Are you going to have a product tent at Farmers (5/17-18 State Race) next week?

Hope so need a set of Double Dee for my gas truck!!!
__________________
Rev. Terrance / Team HOLY Rollers / R/C Tech > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Petit RC / RC WISH / RCTen.com #WeAreAE
I believe the word of God for what it says, not what people want it to say!
RC10GT2-E, SC5M, RC10T2, Spec-R S2, FX10
tmail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #1747
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Andy, I check the jconcepts website pretty regularly and I was wondering if you have an idea when the rulux wheels will be available in white for the rear of the B4 again. Thanks for any help.
Chris Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #1748
Tech Elite
 
rdub202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: TeamAcademy/MRC, MI
Posts: 2,359
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rdub202
Default

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20881

idk if you wanted them from JC officially or not...
__________________
_|Team Academy GV2 Pro_|_Team Academy SBV2 Pro|_--->Losi xxxbK2 (FOR SALE)
_|Factory Tracks Midwest Series_|_www.factorytracks.com|_
_|Team Upgrade-RCid_|_www.upgrade-rc.com|_
_|MRC/Team Academy_|_www.modelrec.com|_
rdub202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #1749
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,892
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529
Default

I just picked up a used non-worlds BJ4 to race here. Wanted to give 4wd buggy another try.

I run lipos and they do not have the humps to secure the batts in the slots. Does anyone know where I can get side stops so the batts dont move side to side? I thought I saw some aluminum blue ones once but wasnt sure where they are from.

Chirag
__________________
Chirag Patel (San Diego, CA)
cpatel529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #1750
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,850
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Ran a set of blue Goosebumps in 1/8th scale today on a wet-but-drying semi loamy track and they were awesome. Even the inserts held up so far. I think the main reason my previous set of inserts tore was excessive ballooning of the front tires from having 5K oil in the center diff (standard 5,5,5 setup for the RC8) Before today, I switched to 7K in the center to try and control the ballooning. So far, so good. I was especially impressed by how the tires felt the same from the beginning of a 15 min main with water puddles still on the track, to the end with the loose surface dirt dry. Everyone else was running various tires from Komodo 2's, M3 Crimefighters, Losi red eclipses, and some big pin tires that I didn't really recongnize. I think the GPs were better than all of them. I expect that these will be the tire of choice by next week , after I won the main by 2 laps
__________________
Serpent SRX8 electric
Serpent Cobra 811TE-E
Serpent S120LTR 17.5 1/12th and S100LTR Pro-10
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 USGT
Team Serpent America and Desoto Racing
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #1751
Tech Fanatic
 
Linkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 843
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Linkster Send a message via Yahoo to Linkster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatel529 View Post
I just picked up a used non-worlds BJ4 to race here. Wanted to give 4wd buggy another try.

I run lipos and they do not have the humps to secure the batts in the slots. Does anyone know where I can get side stops so the batts dont move side to side? I thought I saw some aluminum blue ones once but wasnt sure where they are from.

Chirag
My BJ4 (Non W.E.) Came with a Li-Po tray that the Previous owner made... I'll try and get a pic in a few days.
Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #1752
Super Moderator
 
tmail55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sunny Florida!!!!!
Posts: 3,278
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

I've now raced four diff tracks with one set of Goose Bumps.

Hurricane, Farmers, DC Offroad RC Park and Machine Offroad RC Club, all are in Florida.

Farmers is the only track that they did not work!!!

BUT! They had just prepped it for next weeks Nitro State Race. The track had a blue groove developing, I sure Double Dee would have been a better tire, which I didn't have. So I was forced to use a lesser tire (hole shots) to TQ and finish 1st in gas truck!!! Hope I can get a set of DD's by next week!!!

Andy, Farmers is out of DD's for gas truck HINT!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Rev. Terrance / Team HOLY Rollers / R/C Tech > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Petit RC / RC WISH / RCTen.com #WeAreAE
I believe the word of God for what it says, not what people want it to say!
RC10GT2-E, SC5M, RC10T2, Spec-R S2, FX10
tmail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #1753
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmail55 View Post
Are you going to have a product tent at Farmers (5/17-18 State Race) next week?

Hope so need a set of Double Dee for my gas truck!!!
I believe we will have product there for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
Andy, I check the jconcepts website pretty regularly and I was wondering if you have an idea when the rulux wheels will be available in white for the rear of the B4 again. Thanks for any help.
We should have stock built back up pretty soon, so we'll put them back on the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub202 View Post
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20881

idk if you wanted them from JC officially or not...
A very good idea, amain almost always has what you need, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatel529 View Post
I just picked up a used non-worlds BJ4 to race here. Wanted to give 4wd buggy another try.

I run lipos and they do not have the humps to secure the batts in the slots. Does anyone know where I can get side stops so the batts dont move side to side? I thought I saw some aluminum blue ones once but wasnt sure where they are from.

Chirag
I would just servo tape the battery down, that coupled with the stock battery brace should be more than enough to hold it into place. The piece youre talking about (assuming its ours) wont work with that type of battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT View Post
Ran a set of blue Goosebumps in 1/8th scale today on a wet-but-drying semi loamy track and they were awesome. Even the inserts held up so far. I think the main reason my previous set of inserts tore was excessive ballooning of the front tires from having 5K oil in the center diff (standard 5,5,5 setup for the RC8) Before today, I switched to 7K in the center to try and control the ballooning. So far, so good. I was especially impressed by how the tires felt the same from the beginning of a 15 min main with water puddles still on the track, to the end with the loose surface dirt dry. Everyone else was running various tires from Komodo 2's, M3 Crimefighters, Losi red eclipses, and some big pin tires that I didn't really recongnize. I think the GPs were better than all of them. I expect that these will be the tire of choice by next week , after I won the main by 2 laps
Thats great to hear, how was the wear after that amount of time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmail55 View Post
I've now raced four diff tracks with one set of Goose Bumps.

Hurricane, Farmers, DC Offroad RC Park and Machine Offroad RC Club, all are in Florida.

Farmers is the only track that they did not work!!!

BUT! They had just prepped it for next weeks Nitro State Race. The track had a blue groove developing, I sure Double Dee would have been a better tire, which I didn't have. So I was forced to use a lesser tire (hole shots) to TQ and finish 1st in gas truck!!! Hope I can get a set of DD's by next week!!!

Andy, Farmers is out of DD's for gas truck HINT!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #1754
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,850
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
Thats great to hear, how was the wear after that amount of time?
Andy, no noticeable wear at all. But the track was not abrasive at all either.
__________________
Serpent SRX8 electric
Serpent Cobra 811TE-E
Serpent S120LTR 17.5 1/12th and S100LTR Pro-10
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 USGT
Team Serpent America and Desoto Racing
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #1755
Tech Master
 
Kyosho_101's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,305
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kyosho_101
Default

Thanks Andy for the quick reply
Kyosho_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 12:04 PM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 09:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 10:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 04:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 07:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net