4wd electric

Old 03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

the xxx-4 is a nicely built car and is rocket fast in a straight line and accelerating out of a corner. it just sucks on a rough track. i know, i have one, and i love it. i got into it when i was racing a xxx-s sedan, and the two cars are basically the same platform.

if you start with a xxx-4 graphite plus, the only parts really needed to make it bullet proof are aluminum castor blocks. the a-arms were updated sometime over the past few years, and the fiberglass shock towers are pretty much indestructible. i prefer the molded inner suspension pivots to the aluminum ones. the molded ones will break on a hard impact, but the aluminum ones can break the chassis in a similar crash.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:02 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I run saddle packs and find nearly no inconvenieces with it. I think the performance advantage of having the weight where it needs to be are worth it.

As for a car... I love my X-5
Old 03-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

AGGDADDY the BJ4 is the best car out there dont get the world edition youl have to break your sells up in to 3 on each side and the reg BJ4 is the way to go.

you see mike thrue and cavaleri rockin it.

ive tryed a friend of mines BJ4 is has so much traction and is so easy to drive.

the losi is ok but not many parts for it like the BJ4.

also the X-5 is a great car but if you know anyone who has a BJ ask them if you can try it and you will LOVE it
Old 03-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by m_perkins

Truhe runs for losi not Jconcepts.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

BJ4 (& we) is a great lazy mans car - I never did anything to my original or WE BJ4 - obviously re did the shocks for best performance, but never touched the drivetrain. Gives you time to chill out!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

AGGDADDY the BJ4 is the best car out there dont get the world edition youl have to break your sells up in to 3 on each side and the reg BJ4 is the way to go.

ive tryed a friend of mines BJ4 is has so much traction and is so easy to drive.

the losi is ok but not many parts for it like the BJ4.

also the X-5 is a great car but if you know anyone who has a BJ ask them if you can try it and you will LOVE it

Heh, wish me luck on that. Pretty much anyone who's running a buggy is running nitro or a 2wd electric out here. i don't know anyone out here who has a 4wd electric near by. I see a lot of shops are carrying parts for the losi's. I don't see many shops carrying parts for the BJ4. I prefer ease of getting parts more than driving a top notch car that only one shop sells parts for.
I'm not the all that good at off road driving. Jumps are mainly my problem. Alway hanging up on jumps. So being able to get parts easily will be a plus. I mostly run on road, micro, mini and 1/10 touring. But I started off in the hobby driving a rc10 (before stealth tranny, gold tub, mech speedo ... bleh) So I kinda miss doing off road every once in a while.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Dang, that BJ4 does look mighty nice. Mighty pricey too.

It looks bigger than the XX-4 for some reason.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
Truhe runs for losi not Jconcepts.
sorry about that man thought he ran 4 jconcepts.

did he used to run jconcepts
Old 03-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aggdaddy
Heh, wish me luck on that. Pretty much anyone who's running a buggy is running nitro or a 2wd electric out here. i don't know anyone out here who has a 4wd electric near by. I see a lot of shops are carrying parts for the losi's. I don't see many shops carrying parts for the BJ4. I prefer ease of getting parts more than driving a top notch car that only one shop sells parts for.
I'm not the all that good at off road driving. Jumps are mainly my problem. Alway hanging up on jumps. So being able to get parts easily will be a plus. I mostly run on road, micro, mini and 1/10 touring. But I started off in the hobby driving a rc10 (before stealth tranny, gold tub, mech speedo ... bleh) So I kinda miss doing off road every once in a while.
for sure man you drive 4 wheel for a couple months and get it down decently good you rock 2wd .

if you do get the BJ4 jconcepts website has every part you need .
Old 03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

for sure man you drive 4 wheel for a couple months and get it down decently good you rock 2wd .

if you do get the BJ4 jconcepts website has every part you need .
Hey mitch why dont u get a 4wd buggy?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I looked through their site and it seems like parts may not be too much of an issue. Plus the car looks really nice. I think I am leaning towards the BJ4. I saw that Stormer has the Worlds edition in stock as well.

I learned alot from all of these posts. Thanks guys.

Can't wait to rule some 1/8 scale buggies. :-)
Old 03-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aggdaddy
Yeah I looked through their site and it seems like parts may not be too much of an issue. Plus the car looks really nice. I think I am leaning towards the BJ4. I saw that Stormer has the Worlds edition in stock as well.

I learned alot from all of these posts. Thanks guys.

Can't wait to rule some 1/8 scale buggies. :-)
yes worlds is nice would have to have 3 cells on each side split up but is a very nice car also.

just recomending that reg BJ4 so you can have your packs set up normal .
Old 03-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losi09
Hey mitch why dont u get a 4wd buggy?
way too much money for me and i would get killed in 4wd.

could but not for probably a couple years
Old 03-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

way too much money for me and i would get killed in 4wd.

could but not for probably a couple years
It is not that much more then a 2wd buggy. I have one but I have not been able to race it cause of there not being any 4wd buggy class and I need to do some things to my 4wd before I race it.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losi09
It is not that much more then a 2wd buggy. I have one but I have not been able to race it cause of there not being any 4wd buggy class and I need to do some things to my 4wd before I race it.
what car is it losi xx4 or xxx4 or what .

it will sure make you a better driver though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.