R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   no part number for mf2 turnbuckles? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/152571-no-part-number-mf2-turnbuckles.html)

builthatch 03-04-2007 05:35 PM

no part number for mf2 turnbuckles?

i looked on the blow-up and scanned the list several times...

they are on the blow-up, but no part number arrows.

nothing listed that includes the turnbuckles.

i know i can order lunsford or whatever, but still...why would the stockers not be available?

Mytimac 03-04-2007 05:51 PM

Not a Losi part, they are Lunsford part that Losi includes in the kit.

builthatch 03-04-2007 06:00 PM

hmm...makes sense.

thanks.

so what lunsford parts are compareable to the ones they include in the kit and also, i'd guess there are some even more beefy ones avail from them? I'd guess it'd be smart to get the toughest ones available, even tho i did want to keep the truck as "losi spec" as possible.

AzBobby 03-04-2007 08:03 PM

yep exactly they are lunsfords. i too went and checked the parts list and nope they not listed. that sucks for someone who buys from some national hobby chain and the help there doesn't know that and gives them the xxx-t steel tie rods instead of what came on their truck. should have at leats been a notation that they are supplied buy Lunsford to replace original part.

builthatch 03-04-2007 08:13 PM

i spoke to someone who races for Losi and they said that the Lunsford units included are similar to the Punisher series but different. Better or worse? Not sure; So, that leaves me with the question- i have one busted camber link turnbuckle, what do i do? i dont want to replace the ball studs, so whatever i do get needs to work with them...

i wish i could get just one; interestingly, the lightest of curb taps bent this thing, so i'm not so sure they (the stock units) are very stout anyway.

Jeel 03-05-2007 03:27 AM

Worse than Punisher series. Losi (Lunsford supplied) turnbuckles are not guaranteed by Lunsford to withstand bending or breaking.

builthatch 03-05-2007 08:40 AM

if i upgrade to the Lunsford Punishers, do their molded punisher ball cups work with my OE losi ball studs?

o.s. power 03-05-2007 08:50 AM

If you go with lunsford turnbuckles, look into the gray losi ball cups, they are a lot stronger, but don't pop off as easily. Any ball cup will work with any ball stud.

builthatch 03-05-2007 08:59 AM

hey, thanks for the add'l info!

so gray as opposed to the white ones that come with the mf2? Also, when you say Losi cups, are they from Losi and are better cups than the black Lunsford Punisher ones? I am under the impression that the black Lunsford Punisher ones are not nylon but some sort of composite...

Thanks for help!

K.Copeland 03-05-2007 09:08 AM

Grey Losi cups are stiffer than the stock white and black cups.

As for keeping the truck to Losi's specs, the Lunsfords parts should work fine. If it was a Hemi Cuda, then I'd start to worry about keeping it original.

builthatch 03-05-2007 10:09 AM

haha...good point ; )

thanks guys!

builthatch 03-10-2007 12:14 PM

so i received the gray ball cups and the lunsford punisher kit for the mf2. i notice that the lunsford bits dont have the threads as long as the losi ones (center section is longer), so it seems i have to thread the ball cups toward the center of the tb past the threads? this seems to be the case for the steering tb's and the rear tb's.

is this normal and should i thread them past the threads?

K_King 03-10-2007 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by builthatch
so i received the gray ball cups and the lunsford punisher kit for the mf2. i notice that the lunsford bits dont have the threads as long as the losi ones (center section is longer), so it seems i have to thread the ball cups toward the center of the tb past the threads? this seems to be the case for the steering tb's and the rear tb's.

is this normal and should i thread them past the threads?

The threads is the weakest part of the turnbuckles, on my CR I dont have it buried int he rod ends, but I use black RPM longs. The greys are too stiff IMO, they snap at the ends all the time

builthatch 03-10-2007 12:53 PM

even if i used the stock white ball cups, the lunsford units' threads would be short vs. the losi ones and to get the prescribed settings (length) i'd have to thread them past the threads into the ball cups. i just want to know if this is an excepted practice when converting to lunsford tb's and using losi ball cups, white or gray.

builthatch 03-10-2007 07:22 PM

bump for more info-