Wiki Posts
Search

AXE Rossi Cobra 21

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default AXE Rossi Cobra 21

Does anyone have any advice to offer with these engines? Only new to offroad 1/8 buggy racing and dominating results. All i hear is great feedback. Can i get some advice from actual users on its power,fuel eco and tuning ideas.

Opinions r welcome...

Thanks
Old 07-02-2006, 06:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Rossi's have cold pinch like I've never seen before. Bring a heat gun to the track with you to help you get it turned over after you heat cycle break in (heat gun here too). Rossi recomends changing the piston rod after a couple of gallons and that's not a bad idea given what a rod must go through durring break in. They make great low end power and decent top end with good fuel economy and run well with Onda Jp-1 and Jp-2 pipes but you must buy a Rossi exhaust manifold because on the ones I've seen the outlet points down a lot. The engine should last until you're bored with it.

Hop that helps.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks,

Cant wait till i get mine. Im only talking about the Cobra , not the LSK's etc.
I have seen the cobra's go and there quicker than a JP,NINJA,Novarossi,Sirio,O.S Vspec and even the RB WS7's.

There unbeleivable bottom end and they seem to be the only motor to make a 10 min heat.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:51 AM
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Buying my Cobra tomorrow and i will update this thread of the beatings that it will take.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

I had a Cobra...it WAS great! I had a problem with the carb though. It was either twisting or popping up. I tried everything to fix it but just couldnt seem to get it stay put. No worries though because Rossi has a top notch warrenty/return system. It takes a while since you have to send back to Italy but they sure take care of you. I just picked up a .21 Axe Rossi Speed to run with for awhile until my Cobra comes back.

I think I will be running Rossi engines for a long time because they are just great engines. Their quality is second to none. It's all I've been running the last few years and I've been a pretty happy camper.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:15 AM
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 40%
Buying my Cobra tomorrow and i will update this thread of the beatings that it will take.
Have some delays with the motor.

Question @ A_Stratus

Do you send to the shop that u purchased the motor or did u send it direct for warranty with the carb problem?
Old 03-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

I sent it to Rossi in Italy...